#17 UConn v. #11 Ohio State University (Friday 10/14/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/15/22 @ 4:05p) Both games on ESPN+ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#17 UConn v. #11 Ohio State University (Friday 10/14/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/15/22 @ 4:05p) Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Love how we got HE ref’s @ home and we get all the calls against us.
We certainly did not get a hometown whistle tonight. What's up with that?

Reaction Score
The shootout was ridiculous. What a silly thing to do for a regular season game. Had great chances to win at the end of regulation and then again in OT. Fun game and good atmosphere. 4th row at center ice for only $24 ain't too bad either

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Shoulda had that one.
Almost left after 0-0. Wait, a shootout?

Glad it’s officially a tie. For rankings/pair wise etc.
My feelings exactly. Overall, I had the feeling that OSU was a bit better but it wasn't as bad as the SOG disparity. UConn needs to shoot more!

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I think we found out who the goalie Cav is going to ride this year is. Logan’s family was there in a big way tonight. They came in from BC last night and will be here thru next weeks series vs BU. I spoke with his maternal Grandma…she is so proud of him. Logan is a stud.

Reaction Score
Tverberg is by far UConn’s best player. Every time he touches the puck he can make something happen. He can take on two or three players himself.

Wood needs to improve his skating and needs to get a lot stronger. He struggles 5 on 5. He’s great on the power play where he gets more time and space and use his world class accuracy.

Terness is a really solid goaltender.
Agree re: Wood. He must stay through his sophomore year to fill out, gain strength and garner experience against older, stronger, more seasoned players. Great upside, but not ready for the pros. He's still just a kid (youngest D1 player).

Reaction Score
The shootout was ridiculous. What a silly thing to do for a regular season game. Had great chances to win at the end of regulation and then again in OT. Fun game and good atmosphere. 4th row at center ice for only $24 ain't too bad either
Silly thing to do in any game. Worse than the Pond Hockey 3-on-3 OT.

If I had my choice, I'd utilize the European football (soccer) scoring model. No OT, 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie. This results in "dropping" two points for every game a team ties, and encourages going for the win. A team that wins six and loses six garners 18 points, versus drawing all 12 games for only 12 points.

I know this will never fly in our American culture that values a winner in every game/match/contest. OK, if I must live with that, let's go 5-on-5 (real hockey) OT for five minutes before declaring a draw.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score

If I had my choice, I'd utilize the European football (soccer) scoring model. No OT, 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie. This results in "dropping" two points for every game a team ties, and encourages going for the win. A team that wins six and loses six garners 18 points, versus drawing all 12 games for only 12 points.

I know this will never fly in our American culture that values a winner in every game/match/contest. OK, if I must live with that, let's go 5-on-5 (real hockey) OT for five minutes before declaring a draw.
You need to let it go. The 3 on 3 is exciting. The 5 on 5 rarely resulted in a winner. Everyone knows this is whats going to happen. Times change…sometimes for the better. Remember when NFL games didn’t have overtime? No one likes a tie. As my HS coach used to say, it’s like kissing your sister. These guys are talented…it is nothing close to pond hockey.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think 3-3is great. As long as losing team gets a point. Also goalie was great last night. However I would be surprised of Cav went away from the formula the first two weekends. They still have not lost, the other guy has played well and most “hockey guys” are superstitious whether they admit it or not.

Reaction Score

Hockey East does award 3 points for a win and 1 point for a tie.

Reaction Score
Don’t they give 2 for an ot win and 1 for an ot loss. Or something crazy like that? For 100 years hockey stats were simple. W-L-T. Now you have to keep track of ot wins, ot losses, ot ties.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It was a good result against a team that will make the tournament.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I spoke with his maternal Grandma…she is so proud of him.
I passed his grandparents in the concourse between periods. I had to tell them their boy was keeping us in the game. I thought both keepers impressed. Both very solid and composed. Beating that OSU guy is a big ask.

Reaction Score

I passed his grandparents in the concourse between periods. I had to tell them their boy was keeping us in the game. I thought both keepers impressed. Both very solid and composed. Beating that OSU guy is a big ask.
Agreed, Dobes is a monster in the net. Very agile for a big guy, he reminds me of Northeastern's Devon Levi. Terness was outstanding for us turning away 43 shots, 31 in the first two periods. Regardless of the outcome, I'd have given the first two stars to both goalies.

Reaction Score
Agreed, Dobes is a monster in the net. Very agile for a big guy, he reminds me of Northeastern's Devon Levi. Terness was outstanding for us turning away 43 shots, 31 in the first two periods. Regardless of the outcome, I'd have given the first two stars to both goalies.
Levi is 6 feet maybe but I hear ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak