17 (minus 2) ranked teams in action tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

17 (minus 2) ranked teams in action tonight

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I know Clemson really wore down NC State when we played them. Of course, Notre Dame is deeper and can absorb that kind of grind...but it took a toll on the 7 players that usually play all the minutes for NC State.

ND is deeper in theory only. In practice, it was basically 6 players (starters plus Dani Patterson) that played the whole first half (with slight cameo by Jordan Nixon).

Clemson has 14 bench points at halftime. ND has 1.

They are very aggressive and come at you in waves. The kind of team it's no fun to play, especially at their place.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
OMG...LSU only with 5 points nearly halfway through the 2nd quarter!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Every time I look at this NC State schedule, I can't believe how back-loaded it is. I'm just sitting here thinking "Well, they haven't played anyone that great yet, maybe they have a tough game tonight? Nope. Wake Forest.

I mean, you have to play everybody eventually, so it's not a real complaint. It's just weird. I don't like seeing a conference rival with zero in the L column, I guess.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
4:35 left 3rd quarter...it has been the Kiara Leslie show in this stanza. She's up to 12 points now...NC State leading Wake Forest, 37-24.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Every time I look at this NC State schedule, I can't believe how back-loaded it is. I'm just sitting here thinking "Well, they haven't played anyone that great yet, maybe they have a tough game tonight? Nope. Wake Forest.

I mean, you have to play everybody eventually, so it's not a real complaint. It's just weird. I don't like seeing a conference rival with zero in the L column, I guess.

NC State did not make the conference schedule...that was created by the home office in Greensboro. It is strange the way it has played out but out of our control. I will be glad when we finally play the tougher teams because I'm tired of reading comments on here that NC State hasn't played anyone.

Reaction Score
69-44 ND 4:50 left in the 3rd. ND has come out and scored 20 Points in the first 5 Mins of the 3rd Quarter.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
NC State did not make the conference schedule...that was created by the home office in Greensboro. It is strange the way it has played out but out of our control. I will be glad when we finally play the tougher teams because I'm tired of reading comments on here that NC State hasn't played anyone.

Nora Finch is in charge of the schedules. Im tired of reading that crap as well.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Oh yeah, totally out of NC State's control and I'm not sure I'd want it that way if I were them. It's just odd.

I want to see them in there with the tougher teams, too. Maybe for different reasons, though. And of course the nationally televised NC State-ND game on Feb. 18 will be a fun one. I'm sure the Wolfpack will have the house rocking for that.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow, looks like South Carolina almost coughed up a 10 point lead inside a minute left. Kentucky got it all the way down to 3.

edit--74-70 final

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
End of 3rd quarter...NC State up on Wake, 44-34. Kiara Leslie now with 17 points for the Wolfpack Women.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Syracuse has their hands full w/ Virginia. Up 3 w/ about 5 minutes left.

Florida St. leading Miami by 4 early in the 4th.

How are there so many ACC teams w/ 1 or 2 losses? It's like none of them are playing each other.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
4:58 left 4th quarter...NC State leading Wake Forest, 50-39 and going to the line for two after the timeout. Kiara Leslie now with 21 points . Wake did get within 7 points at 44-37 with 7:48 left in the quarter.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Indiana up 1 over Rutgers at the end of Q3. They had a decent lead earlier.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Syracuse has their hands full w/ Virginia. Up 3 w/ about 5 minutes left.

Florida St. leading Miami by 4 early in the 4th.

How are there so many ACC teams w/ 1 or 2 losses? It's like none of them are playing each other.

alot of ACC teams with 5, 6, and 7 losses :oops:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
This ACC games are all tight.... well most of them

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members