Men - #15 UConn @ Butler Bulldogs (Friday 4/29/22 @3p, Saturday 4/30/22 @1p & Sunday 5/1/22 @1130) FloSports/Mixlr | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Men #15 UConn @ Butler Bulldogs (Friday 4/29/22 @3p, Saturday 4/30/22 @1p & Sunday 5/1/22 @1130) FloSports/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Audio is crap as well. Don't you love when the commercials blast your ears out because the volume is high so you can hear the game?
I think the audio issue was on Butlers end. Haven’t had that problem with any other games.

Reaction Score
Audio is crap as well. Don't you love when the commercials blast your ears out because the volume is high so you can hear the game?
I think the audio issue was on Butlers end. Haven’t had that problem with any other games.
I’ve had it happen w/ UConn home games watching on the Roku TV. After years of sirens I need volume up a touch and the inconsistency btwn game and commercials drives me bonkers.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I’ve had it happen w/ UConn home games watching on the Roku TV. After years of sirens I need volume up a touch and the inconsistency btwn game and commercials drives me bonkers.
I‘ve watched a bunch of different teams since signing for flo. The production quality is all over the place. As far as our opponents go, the USC game was probably one of, if not the best one this year.

Reaction Score
…. And that puts UConn in sole possession of first place heading into next weekend! #justkeepwinning

008.png

Reaction Score
Things get tougher the rest of the way in Big East as we have played all of the lower tier teams already. The good news is that we get Xavier and Creighton at home. Keep it going!
Let’s not overstate things. Xavier is under .500 on the season. Creighton and Georgetown are the only other teams with winning records. Last I looked Georgetown hasn't Beaten anyone of consequence. The team that concerns me is Creighton. If this was a 162 game season we would handle them but in a 3-game set or a tournament they could win a couple.

Reaction Score
Let’s not overstate things. Xavier is under .500 on the season. Creighton and Georgetown are the only other teams with winning records. Last I looked Georgetown hasn't Beaten anyone of consequence. The team that concerns me is Creighton. If this was a 162 game season we would handle them but in a 3-game set or a tournament they could win a couple.
Not overstating anything. Based upon the Big East records of the 3 remaining teams we must play, things can be expected to be tougher than they have been against the lower tier league teams we have already played.

Reaction Score

According to the Warren Nolan RPI website, Xavier has played the second toughest schedule so far of teams in the Big East. Their strength of schedule is rated at 83, and that helps to account for Xavier being under .500 on the season. I expect Xavier and Creighton will both be tough teams to play.

Reaction Score
No. 15 HookC Sweeps Butler 17-5

-> Game Notes:

• Dana went 9-13 in the series with 9 RBI and this coming after the right fielder got 26 stitches in his left arm on Tuesday afternoon.
  • Kevin Ferrer recorded his second-straight multi-hit game with his first home run of the season in the sixth and a two-run double in the seventh.
  • Enzo Stefanoni earned his sixth win of the year with 5.2 innings giving up one earned run and struck out four.
  • Devin Kirby pitched a career-high 2.1 shutout inning allowing no hits, no walks, one hit batter and four strikeouts.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I don't recall the last time I've felt so confident in a sunday starter. Enzo just seems to be so consistently solid.

Reaction Score
I don't recall the last time I've felt so confident in a sunday starter. Enzo just seems to be so consistently solid.
The consistency of the three weekend starters is something we’ve never seen. Off the top of my head, you hand any of them the ball and there’s a 90 per cent change you’re getting at least five innings out of them. That has helped to hide the fact that the bullpen depth hasn’t necessarily developed to the extent we would have liked as Alejandro, O’ Donnell, Quinn and some others have struggled recently.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I think we can add Devin Kirby to the reliable relievers along with Afthim, Sullivan, Coe and Willis. Cooke to me would be the 4th starter ahead of Chudoba in a tournament.
If O'Donnell can turn it around, he can be useful as well.
Faivieri and Alejandro seem to have pitched their way out of big moments. Quinn isn't ready I don't think for a big innings appearance.

Reaction Score
Cooke is our 4th starter or most reliable reliever come the tournaments. Penders will have to figure out if he goes to him to bridge to Willis in a game 1 or 2 when we need 2 innings and have a 1 run lea, or whether he keeps him in case we need him to start a game 4.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think we can add Devin Kirby to the reliable relievers along with Afthim, Sullivan, Coe and Willis. Cooke to me would be the 4th starter ahead of Chudoba in a tournament.
If O'Donnell can turn it around, he can be useful as well.
Faivieri and Alejandro seem to have pitched their way out of big moments. Quinn isn't ready I don't think for a big innings appearance.
As we all know, pitching depth is the name of the game come tournament time and as you alluded to, it’s great to see Kirby coming in and giving some really strong innings. He’s been a bright spot the past couple weeks and it would be huge if he continues to give big innings. O’Donnell will be fine, he’s the kind of guy to have a rough stretch but when he figures it out, he’s super effective. It’s a really deep bullpen which is great to see.

Reaction Score
As we all know, pitching depth is the name of the game come tournament time and as you alluded to, it’s great to see Kirby coming in and giving some really strong innings. He’s been a bright spot the past couple weeks and it would be huge if he continues to give big innings. O’Donnell will be fine, he’s the kind of guy to have a rough stretch but when he figures it out, he’s super effective. It’s a really deep bullpen which is great to see.

O'Donnell was doing fine until the Yale game in the past midweek, it is not like he was struggling before that. He's just in a little slump, I would expect that he will come out of it before the post season tourneys start. When O'Donnell is on, he gives some good depth to the bullpen.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
The difference between this team and some of our other tournament teams is the depth we have in the pitching department. Once we got to Game 5, we either had to send out someone who didn't pitch much during the season or got blown up because we were down or take a big arm out of the bullpen mix to give us a chance. This team has the 5 starters you need AND about 6 guys in the pen that Penders trusts. First we have to finish the Big East regular season and then the Big East Tournament to get there.

Reaction Score
We know the transfer portal works in hockey and it works great in baseball too. Consider that the Dana, Donlan, Chudoba, Huber and Stefanoni all are transfers. We would still be competitive without them, but with them we have chance to make some noise in June.

Reaction Score

BIG EAST Player of the Week
Casey Dana, UConn, Gr., OF (Montgomery, N.Y.)
Casey Dana was lights out at the plate in the weekend series against Butler, batting .615 (8-for-13) in the trio of wins. Leading UConn’s offensive attack, Dana scored seven runs, tallied nine RBI, smashed two home runs and earned a walk. Defensively, Dana was equally impressive going a perfect 13-for-13 in fielding opportunities.

BIG EAST Weekly Honor Roll
Ben Huber, UConn, Gr., 1B (Pendleton, S.C.)
Alongside Dana, Ben Huber helped lead the Huskies scoring attack in a perfect 5-0 week, appearing in all five outings as the Huskies scored 52 runs to move up to No. 13 in the USA Today rankings. Huber tallied an RBI in all five games, including three RBI on three separate occasions to lead the team with 11 RBI in five games. Batting 9-for-21, he also scored nine runs and earned three walks. Defensively, he was a perfect 30-for-30 in fielding opportunities, while forcing a double play in the series finale against Butler.

Reaction Score
According to the Warren Nolan RPI website, Xavier has played the second toughest schedule so far of teams in the Big East. Their strength of schedule is rated at 83, and that helps to account for Xavier being under .500 on the season. I expect Xavier and Creighton will both be tough teams to play.
I guess I don’t really put much stock in RPI. It is meaningful only at the extremes, especially in baseball. A team playing an 83 isn’t really playing an appreciably different schedule than one playing 93 or one playing 73. It maybe means they played 1 really good team more than the 93 and 1 less than the 73. UConn is mid-50s in RPI but do you really think that defines this club accurately? I know you need to consider it because the NCAA does, but a mediocre team playing a tough schedule is still a mediocre team. And a team playing +- .500 is the definition of mediocre.

Reaction Score
I guess I don’t really put much stock in RPI. It is meaningful only at the extremes, especially in baseball. A team playing an 83 isn’t really playing an appreciably different schedule than one playing 93 or one playing 73. It maybe means they played 1 really good team more than the 93 and 1 less than the 73. UConn is mid-50s in RPI but do you really think that defines this club accurately? I know you need to consider it because the NCAA does, but a mediocre team playing a tough schedule is still a mediocre team. And a team playing +- .500 is the definition of mediocre.

It has some meaning. It doesn’t take much to know that a team playing .500 ball in the SEC or Pac Whatever — whether you call it mediocre or something else — is on a totally different level than a team playing .500 ball in the MAAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom