14th member? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

14th member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Can you please share proof? I went over the last 5 years and the biggest school they beat out is Houston for 1 recruit.

1 of the qbs they have in this class had a air force offer. they have a tight end commit with a tenn offer. they have a db commit with arizona and iowa offers. i'm just going to stop now...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Brian Murphy of the Idaho Statesmen (probably the most connected Big East beat writer at this point, ironically) thinks that Air Force is not going to join, and most reports are that BYU is probably not joining the Big East either.

Putting aside the reality of getting rejected by mid-majors, who does the Big East add? Fresno? Nevada?

Well this is a pointless conversation based on the Big 10 - but Navy clearly doesn't want to join either so let them back out and be 12.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Let me get this right. We have people posting that the University of New Mexico should be a school that the Big East not only considers, but adds. The University of New Mexico. Seriously - conference realignment has driven some of you completely mad.

Stop eating the lead paint chips, avoid too much mercury in your diets. This is insanity.

Reaction Score
Let me get this right. We have people posting that the University of New Mexico should be a school that the Big East not only considers, but adds. The University of New Mexico. Seriously - conference realignment has driven some of you completely mad.

Stop eating the lead paint chips, avoid too much mercury in your diets. This is insanity.
Speaking from a market standpoint, Albuquerque is the 57th-largest metropolitan area and rising. Whatever the deal, screw the BE. Hello ACC!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Speaking from a market standpoint, Albuquerque is the 57th-largest metropolitan area and rising. Whatever the deal, screw the BE. Hello ACC!

Speaking from Earth - it's the University of New Mexico. The schools that left Mountain West did so to get AWAY FROM SCHOOLS LIKE UNM. It does not matter how big your TV market is... if NO ONE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY WANTS TO WATCH YOU PLAY.

Reaction Score
Speaking from Earth - it's the University of New Mexico. The schools that left Mountain West did so to get AWAY FROM SCHOOLS LIKE UNM. It does not matter how big your TV market is... if NO ONE ELSE IN THE COUNTRY WANTS TO WATCH YOU PLAY.
I know the Lobos football program sucks. Their basketball program is decent though. Do you think people want to watch Memphis Tigers football? Or Temple Owls football? I'll admit, I did watch some of Rutgers vs Temple. Until it became a blowout.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know the Lobos football program sucks. Their basketball program is decent though. Do you think people want to watch Memphis Tigers football? Or Temple Owls football? I'll admit, I did watch some of Rutgers vs Temple. Until it became a blowout.

No and i've got 3 dozen posts bitching about Memphis and Temple.

Their basketball program is fine. But you can't have basketball teams scattered all over the country this isn't the NBA. Schools need to put on the illusion that the athletes do classwork.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No and i've got 3 dozen posts bitching about Memphis and Temple.

Their basketball program is fine. But you can't have basketball teams scattered all over the country this isn't the NBA. Schools need to put on the illusion that the athletes do classwork.

I actually said to add New Mexico so there could be a separate western basketball conference and not force Boise, SDSU and whoever the next team or teams will be to flush their basketball program down the toilet in the Big West. I was not advocating adding them to the Big East basketball league.

I would say that it is 50/50 that New Mexico will be part of the plan B for Boise, SDSU, UCF, Memphis, and the rest (hopefully not UConn).

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I actually said to add New Mexico so there could be a separate western basketball conference and not force Boise, SDSU and whoever the next team or teams will be to flush their basketball program down the toilet in the Big West. I was not advocating adding them to the Big East basketball league.

I would say that it is 50/50 that New Mexico will be part of the plan B for Boise, SDSU, UCF, Memphis, and the rest (hopefully not UConn).

I know why you said to add New Mexico, I responded to you separately. Boise and SDSU joined without a Western basketball league so not sure why you are worried about their basketball and they aren't.

Reaction Score
Can you please share proof? I went over the last 5 years and the biggest school they beat out is Houston for 1 recruit.

Must not have been looking that well.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score

But to be fair, how many non-UConn fans want to watch UConn play football?

Reaction Score
But to be fair, how many non-UConn fans want to watch UConn play football?
The fanbases we play against. Do you think casual football fans watch ACC football much?

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
The fanbases we play against. Do you think casual football fans watch ACC football much?

Other than Nd,FSU,VTch, Clem to a lesser extent, and Miami previously, nope.

Reaction Score
Must not have been looking that well.
Well, where's the proof then? I politely asked. I went through every recruit who had 2 or 3 stars over the past 5 years on espn.com.

Reaction Score
Nobody gives a crap about New Mexico and North Texas. For a second there, I though someone was going to suggest we add Wofford. Nice job showing some restraint guys.

Reaction Score
Nobody gives a crap about New Mexico and North Texas. For a second there, I though someone was going to suggest we add Wofford. Nice job showing some restraint guys.

Ragin Cajuns!!! Moot point now...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
On some level we are all HFD.
images

Eich bin ein HFD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online