#14 UConn @ #9 Boston University Terriers @ Agganis Arena (Friday 10/21/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/22/22 @ 7p). Both games on ESPN+ | Page 4 | The Boneyard

#14 UConn @ #9 Boston University Terriers @ Agganis Arena (Friday 10/21/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/22/22 @ 7p). Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a goalie, that shot was an impossible stop to expect. Through the defenseman, and in the absolute corner, to the point it stopped dead on the net.
True, an absolute sniper shot, top shelf/corner. Also great give and go by Lucas for the tape to tape pass right on the money by Pearson to Lucas's backhand in stride at center ice. It seemed to catch the BU defenders mesmerized and floating for the screen.
One thing that didn't seem in doubt in live action was Tverberg barely getting back on side and watching now a bunch of times on replay, I'm glad they didn't review it because it seems pretty close.

Also from the HE site- Goal highlights and BU post game-

Reaction Score
LUCAS! Man, what a pick up from UVM
Agreed - fabulous pickup. He was a sophomore captain at Vermont and then transferred to Uconn. Anyone know what the story is with that? - That's very atypical that a full on captain moves within the conference who is not a grad student. At any rate we appreciate his skills as a mobile defacement with a great head for the game, perhaps comparable to Miles Gendron in terms of what he brings to the team.

Reaction Score
Agreed - fabulous pickup. He was a sophomore captain at Vermont and then transferred to Uconn. Anyone know what the story is with that? - That's very atypical that a full on captain moves within the conference who is not a grad student. At any rate we appreciate his skills as a mobile defacement with a great head for the game, perhaps comparable to Miles Gendron in terms of what he brings to the team.
Side note on Lucas is that he played 4 years of prep at Loomis Chaffee in Windsor. I saw him play when I checked out those 4 Russian/ Belarus Uconn commits ( I thought Alishalov the D was the best) that never ended up in Storrs. But most of them played in CT prep back 4-5 years ago vs. Lucas at L/C. (also 2 where team mates of Nick Capone at Salisbury)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You could sense how painful it was to give us any credit, or talking about or program, the play by play guy was pretty objective
He did say that BU didn’t have an advantage in 3 on 3 which the play by play guy was peddling about BU’s speed. Tried to get him to back off and he really didn’t. He knows hockey but he is a wickid homah

Reaction Score
Side note on Lucas is that he played 4 years of prep at Loomis Chaffee in Windsor. I saw him play when I checked out those 4 Russian/ Belarus Uconn commits ( I thought Alishalov the D was the best) that never ended up in Storrs. But most of them played in CT prep back 4-5 years ago vs. Lucas at L/C. (also 2 where team mates of Nick Capone at Salisbury)
Thanks for the background. A number of the student athletes who play D-1 hockey hail from CT prep schools. I didn’t know that Lucas attended Loomis and had the local connection. It’s right down the road from me so I really need to consider catching some games there. I also hope they resume their free skate and stick time for the public (technically for Windsor residents) this year.

Still, when a sophomore captain transfers, me thinks it signals something about their program. ‍♂️ It’s not like Andrew is playing in front if family even if he is a bit closer to Alexandria VA playing in CT.

Reaction Score
I also think that the hockey community let’s call it, is a bit surprised that UConn is as good as they look to be so far. There is no question they can skate with BU just as they did with Ohio State. And Wood and Tvyberg are as good as anyone in the league. I get the sense that most fans/followers of the sport thought last years HEA final appearance was part fluke and part there wasn’t a great team in the league. Kind of like when Iowa wins the Big 10 in football. That they came out and played this well is not what anybody expected so the narrative is UConn is giving real teams a good game rather than BU is giving UConn a good game.

Reaction Score
I also think that the hockey community let’s call it, is a bit surprised that UConn is as good as they look to be so far. There is no question they can skate with BU just as they did with Ohio State. And Wood and Tvyberg are as good as anyone in the league. I get the sense that most fans/followers of the sport thought last years HEA final appearance was part fluke and part there wasn’t a great team in the league. Kind of like when Iowa wins the Big 10 in football. That they came out and played this well is not what anybody expected so the narrative is UConn is giving real teams a good game rather than BU is giving UConn a good game.
Several BU fans sitting next to me commented on how good UConn is. The story is unfolding.

Reaction Score
The "got 'em" on penalties was particularly annoying. Why are all the Boston announcers horrid homers?
After hearing his voice for five seconds I’m sure he had a role in The Departed.
I kind of like hearing those old crust New England accents at times. Not sure I could deal with it every day though.

Reaction Score
I don't know who announced this BU game in particular but one of the announcers is a long-time respected college hockey writer.

Reaction Score
So on my Hulu account, tonight's game is no longer listed on ESPN+.
At the same time, there is a college hockey game lasted on NESN with no information of which teams are playing. IS it possible that a switch was made late & tonight's game is on NESN?

Reaction Score
At the same time, there is a college hockey game lasted on NESN with no information of which teams are playing. IS it possible that a switch was made late & tonight's game is on NESN?
I’m still showing ESPN+ (through Xfinity):

1666474843969.png

… and my NESN channel guide shows UMass/Northeastern and Harvard/Yale Soccer on NESN+ @ 1900.

Reaction Score

The game on NESN is listed as UMass Lowell @ Northeastern.

Reaction Score
After hearing his voice for five seconds I’m sure he had a role in The Departed.
I kind of like hearing those old crust New England accents at times. Not sure I could deal with it every day though.
Going to betray my age here (surprise, being a Vietnam Vet no one could figure that out......duh). Back in the early to mid 1970s, I used to watch, both when living in Ashford while at UConn and afterwords in grad school in Boston, the Bruins on UHF channel 38. While not a Bruins fan, to this day the best announcers I have ever heard were Fred Cusick and Johnny Pierson. Clearly Bruins fans, they were nonetheless objective, informed and balanced in their craft.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Going to betray my age here (surprise, being a Vietnam Vet no one could figure that out......duh). Back in the early to mid 1970s, I used to watch, both when living in Ashford while at UConn and afterwords in grad school in Boston, the Bruins on UHF channel 38. While not a Bruins fan, to this day the best announcers I have ever heard were Fred Cusick and Johnny Pierson. Clearly Bruins fans, they were nonetheless objective, informed and balanced in their craft.
Gonna be another tough listen tonight with these Boston homers going at it and taking nips during commercial breaks. I hope we win about 5-1. I love listening when they are glum.

Reaction Score
I have a request. Although I have been a hockey season ticketholder ever since UConn joined Hockey East, I will likely not be given an opportunity to purchase season tickets to the on-campus facility. If anyone who does have access to season tickets next year is not going to a particular game, I would like to buy one. Please contact me at 203-871-7127.

Thanks,

1LT Thomas Sturgess (ret)
US Army, Field Artillery

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
I have a request. Although I have been a hockey season ticketholder ever since UConn joined Hockey East, I will likely not be given an opportunity to purchase season tickets to the on-campus facility. If anyone who does have access to season tickets next year is not going to a particular game, I would like to buy one. Please contact me at 203-871-7127.

Thanks,

1LT Thomas Sturgess (ret)
US Army, Field Artillery
Same here…it’s unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads