#14 UConn @ #9 Boston University Terriers @ Agganis Arena (Friday 10/21/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/22/22 @ 7p). Both games on ESPN+ | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#14 UConn @ #9 Boston University Terriers @ Agganis Arena (Friday 10/21/22 @ 7:05p & Saturday 10/22/22 @ 7p). Both games on ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big time answer after the late tying goal. Can never keep college hockey points straight, that's 2 points?

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
A happy recap. Face off disparity must be addressed.

0D7B8A7C-2357-45AC-87A8-EAE3FCE82F36.jpeg

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Refs called a good game tonight. 6 penalties on each team, nothing blatantly missed, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Big "win". BU goalie must have been steamed after giving that one up. Just wasn't sharp on a well placed shot. This is good for the resume. Play loose tonight. Just not in goal.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Big "win". BU goalie must have been steamed after giving that one up. Just wasn't sharp on a well placed shot. This is good for the resume. Play loose tonight. Just not in goal.

As a goalie, that shot was an impossible stop to expect. Through the defenseman, and in the absolute corner, to the point it stopped dead on the net. Can't put that one on the goalie.

BU's 3rd, however, would have me steamed. Stupid back leg bounce......

Reaction Score
The BU color guy sounds like he was dragged out of a pub moments before the game started and has been returning there in between periods.
You could sense how painful it was to give us any credit, or talking about or program, the play by play guy was pretty objective

Reaction Score
Was at the game, honestly the chippiest game of college hockey I’ve seen in a while. Clearly it was in BU’s game plan to be as physical as possible with us, but they took it a little too far at times. Couple of dirty hits after the whistle, etc. I will say we definitely matched it back (with a few of our own questionable hits), so I’m proud of the boys for not letting the opponent dictate the game physically.

This is kind of why fighting actually has a place in the NHL because that at least kind of allows the emotions to settle — it honestly becomes a little dangerous without fighting, there was a stretch I think in the 2nd where the refs lost all ability to police the game. Fortunately I don’t think there were any major injuries on either side as a result of the questionable hits.

Nick kind of played that enforcer role — he did last year as well. He got a penalty for a hit after we killed a penalty for one their hits — over than giving up the 3rd goal I felt the team really responded after that hit by Nick. We know he’s talented, but that’s a part of his game I think goes under the radar and is pretty important in hockey, especially in this conference where the games will be extremely physical.

First time seeing Wood in person, he definitely has an NHL body. I was sitting with someone who had no idea who he was and the first thing they did was point him out on the ice since he stands out with his size.

You can also tell Tverberg has been putting in the work all summer as he takes the next jump — don’t remember him being as fast as he was last year! Dude definitely was working hard in the off-season and it shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom