#14 Mississippi St @ #7 Texas A&M - 1/17/21 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#14 Mississippi St @ #7 Texas A&M - 1/17/21

Who will win this game?

• Mississippi St

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Kim was the irresponsible person who went home at Christmas time to celebrate, and came down with the virus.
Ehhh I won't attack her from catching the virus from a family member during Christmas. It can happen to any of us. she let her kids go home to their families as well. I got the virus even though I have been extremely careful, it happens...

Her coming back early after not waiting the full quarantine period is a different topic for discussion. Why Baylor cleared her to come back makes no sense to me. That is a bigger issue than Kim getting the virus at Christmas.

Reaction Score
Nothing will top this

This really summed up White and Holly's career at Tennessee and Vandy.

Now I understand what the LadyVols battle cry for "GRIND FOR NINE" meant. :D Epic sequence right there folks.

Reaction Score
Men's hoops. How much money is there in women's basketball?
Yes, good point. That’s what I meant in my post (Kim specifically referenced the men’s tournament). I should have specified as the revenue situations look very different.

@LETTERL and @SECbbfan24 also raise gold points. The optics of the situation after a loss are poor. Peck did mention that Mulkey had made that same comment before the game.

With respect to the contest at hand, very surprised this was not more competitive. MSST has the talent, but I echo others here who noted how out of sorts they often look. Hope they can get it figured out—Rickea is too talented to want to stay on an underperforming team, and if she goes and Carter doesn’t return, the cupboard starts to look bare for Mississippi State.

A&M is pretty certainly the second- or best team in the SEC at this point.

Reaction Score
Clearly the SEC coaches were smart not having Miss St so high in their coaches poll. They seem to be missing Vic a lot this year. Miss St has some very talented kids but it feels like many have regressed a little bit.

Maybe I am missing something but the team chemistry and body language is awful.

I was wrong. I thought finishing two games clear of the pack last season and returning everyone and adding big pieces would have been a big start for the new era at Miss State.

Reaction Score
Rickea and Carters body language is awful, like they don't want to be there. Wouldn't be shocked to see them transfer the ways things are going.

Reaction Score
Rickea and Carters body language is awful, like they don't want to be there. Wouldn't be shocked to see them transfer the ways things are going.

If they act fast they could transfer out and hitch on another team right away and keep on playing without missing a beat. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
If they act fast they could transfer out and hitch on another team right away and keep on playing without missing a beat. :rolleyes:

Notre Dame coaches rush to the transfer portal page

funkib13kvf31.jpg

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Nothing will top this

This really summed up White and Holly's career at Tennessee and Vandy.

I can't decide which part is more amusing, when Tennessee absolutely vandalizes the backboard with a barrage of bricks or when the two Tennessee players on transition defense both run simultaneously away from the Vandy player with the ball, who then gets her wide open layup stuffed by the bottom of the rim.

Reaction Score
I watched our games with Georgia, Ole Miss and today. I am going to stop short of "the sky is totally falling" but see some glaring issues.

1. The adjustment to Nikki is more than I expected. Peck today discussed the youth of the team. This team returned 7 of its top 9 players in terms of minutes from last year. This was a team that went to the SEC finals and was looking to be a 3/4 seed in the tournament. That's not youth.

2. This team looks as though they are playing under water. I see no fire, quick movements that are smart basketball plays and they are beaten too often for loose balls and rebounds.

3. Today there was no adjustments made when the inside was bottled up. Vic could make adjustments. Nikki doesn't seem able or willing to do that yet.

4. Few teams with their top 2 scorers having career worst nights are going to win. Jackson is the most talented player but doesn't seem dialed. Maybe her heart isn't in the program right now, maybe it's something else.

5. There is enough talent to pull out of a tailspin but they need to lose the idea they are a top tier team. They are at best a middle of the road squad that would be a bubble team if this keeps up. There is no flow to the offense and the defense has too many lapses.

I was a basketball fan before the rise of Vic's teams and still will be. I hope the team comes together and plays up to their potential. I also give A&M some credit for bouncing back after what was a shocking loss. This is a good team with lots of experience and talent.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
5. There is enough talent to pull out of a tailspin but they need to lose the idea they are a top tier team. They are at best a middle of the road squad that would be a bubble team if this keeps up. There is no flow to the offense and the defense has too many lapses.
Whoa there Nellie...While I did think the over-exuberance of the 'Dawgs fanbase was a bit much but this is still clearly a NCAAT worthy team and a top 25 team. So even if they completely fall apart, while maybe being bumped from the top 25, they will be in the tournament.
Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

Reaction Score
Too bad we could not convince Jeff Watz to leave Louisville!
Per our mods, Walz was never going to come. That was blown out of proportion, and the same thing happened with the Tennessee opening a few years ago.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
After watching this game, I don't consider either on of them to be a Top 10 team, Top 25 yes but not Top 10. Now if either one of them can knock off SC, then they might just rate a Top 10 ranking.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So does Mississippi State's and Baylor struggles take some of the luster off of South Florida's victory and close loss?

Reaction Score
So does Mississippi State's and Baylor struggles take some of the luster off of South Florida's victory and close loss?
In reality, most likely, but I don't love how that happens. If the voting panel has labeled a team as one of the top 25 in the nation and that team loses a few times down the road, I don't like discrediting the opponents. Put another way, I don't like how winning teams pay the price when the voting panel is shown to be wrong in its evaluation. I think the game should be evaluated based on the ranking given and personnel available at the time the game was played.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Nikki remind me of Holly Warwick, she has no answers when the team is struggling, simply sit on bench and stares at floor. Vic would be on the sidelines screaming at the lack of effort.
Vic is having his problems at Texas. They lost to Texas Tech today.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
You guys should check out the McCray thread on our forum. 280 replies, and counting. Absolutely vitriolic. Worse than VolNation. Epic. :D

GoDawgs4

MSU and All That Too
Reaction Score
State is very discombobulated at the current time. Certainly very disappointing to this point. It is understandable that a new coaching staff would have some struggles in their first season. Unfortunately when a team is talented there is additional pressure and when a team loses some unexpected games and then gets blown out like we did today it makes it even worse.
Still a lot of games left in the season. Hopefully, the team can regroup and make a turnaround.
We will see.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
You guys should check out the McCray thread on our forum. 280 replies, and counting. Absolutely vitriolic. Worse than VolNation. Epic. :D
Linky??? I'm off tomorrow and can stay up late. Should I make a bowl of popcorn?

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Linky??? I'm off tomorrow and can stay up late. Should I make a bowl of popcorn?
It was deleted because people were hurling personal insults, and I think you have to be a member, but it was real ugly. Some people wanted her gone, the rest of her haters said she sucked, and a quarter defended her saying "let's wait and see," and the rest drew comparisons to Vic, and finally the smallest contingent compared to her to some of the worst coaches we've ever had.

Reaction Score
I think that would be a step down in terms of prestige.
Prestige does not mean a lot when the university cuts your salary, unfortunately, money rules with big time sports coaches and I really wish we had being wiling to spend the bucks to get a big name coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom