Men - #13 UConn vs Xavier University Musketeers (Friday 5/13/22 @7p on FS1, Saturday 5/14/22 @1p & Sunday 5/15/22 @Noon). Sat./Sun. games on FloSports/Mixlr | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Men #13 UConn vs Xavier University Musketeers (Friday 5/13/22 @7p on FS1, Saturday 5/14/22 @1p & Sunday 5/15/22 @Noon). Sat./Sun. games on FloSports/Mixlr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
1-2-3 inning for Gallagher.

Xavier making a pitching change heading to B5

Nothing doing for UConn in their half of the inning. 8-1 Huskies.

Reaction Score
No score for UConn B6.

Gallagher back out for the T7 @ 86 pitches.

Xavier w/ back to back singles leads to a pitching change for UConn.

Garrett Coe headed in from bullpen.

Reaction Score
Great day at the Doug. Best crowd I can remember since it opened. Jumped on their throats and never let them up. Whole bullpen minus Coe is available at first sign of trouble. Way to respond and convincingly.

Can’t believe we are already to the last home game tomorrow.

Reaction Score
UConn bats were back today from their brief off period, they hit a lot of balls pretty hard today, even the ones that turned into outs. Very little in the way of soft pop outs. Very nice to see, that is for sure. Even the sac flies were hit pretty hard. When it comes to hitting, it is hard to be this good every game, that is for sure.

Reaction Score
-> On a day the No. 13 UConn baseball team (41-10, 15-2 BIG EAST) dedicated the ballpark to the Elliot family, the Huskies responded with an 11-3 victory against Xavier (27-24, 10-7 BIG EAST) to even the series up

Game Notes
  • Matt Donlan leads the team with four games of driving in four runs or more.
  • David Smith has a six-game hit streak and has recorded three-straight multi-hit games. He has tied his season high with a .283 AVG
  • Erik Stock has a team-high 29 multi-hit efforts this year.
  • Donlan becomes the fourth Husky to hit a grand slam this season (Huber, Dana, Stock).
  • The six runs are the most the Huskies have scored in a first inning this season. <-

Reaction Score
UConn bullpen looks to be well set up for the final Xavier game tomorrow.

I would think Garrett Coe is the only reliever who won't be available tomorrow.

UConn's RPI is currently sitting at 42, of course that could fluctuate a bit before the game tomorrow. I think UConn clinches the regular season Big East championship if they win tomorrow. I would think they would have the tie breaker against Creighton from taking that series.

UConn's last four games of the regular season are on the the road. Bryant is currently up to 117, they are up quite a bit since last weekend. A win against Bryant and taking the final Big East series of the season at Georgetown should provide some nice upward RPI movement for the Huskies.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A lot of hard work, a lot of winning in every way, a lot of good times for this group. Youth is not wasted on the young.

Reaction Score
I tuned in a touch late to the senior day ceremonies. Here are the players who were honored and awarded framed jerseys prior to the game:

Kenny Campbell
Devin Kirby
Cole Chudoba
T.C. Simmons
Enzo Stefanoni
Casey Dana
Matt Donlan
Justin Willis
Kevin Ferrer
Austin Peterson

The following players were honored last season, but returned for another season:

Christian Fedko
Jimmy Wang
Zach Bushling
Erik Stock

Not quite sure if Ben Huber was honored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom