Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
and he was on the court during moneytime

way to go Kemba

:D

Reaction Score
Just need to work on shooting from the field... 3-10 (but 7-7 from the line!)

Reaction Score
He played good defense on Jennings at the end. When Kemba was taken out of the game the Bucks went on a run and Jennings hit a couple of threes. Augustin was good offensively, but struggled guarding Jennings. I thought it was funny when Maggette was instructing Kemba at the end of the game. Kemba kind of looked at him like, yeah I know how to win. Maggette is a guy with the physical tools, scores points, but never really makes winning plays.

caw

Reaction Score
Kemba took some bad shots and really didn't get out on the break. Charlotte is a pretty bad team. So are the Bucks. However, Kemba has had probably the best or at least top 3 debut for rookies so far. Markieff and Rubio have also looked good, Irving and Knight not so much.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
flirted with a double double no biggie... he needs more weapons around him

Reaction Score
One of his shots was from 3/4 court so I call it 3/9..still has to improve obviously. Could of had a couple more assists but some easy misses, especially on a huge alley oop to maggette (sp).

Reaction Score
7 boards in 20 minutes? And he's the shortest guy on the court?

This, alone, is why this guy is a one in a million player.

Kemba - a winner.

I remember the first time I ever saw the kid. It was a BY post of a HS game. In the clips was a short of Kemba busting ass to get back on D and get a block after making a shot. At that moment, I knew he was Husky Blue, I knew I'd love seeing him in a UConn uniform, and I knew he was special.

I don't think I've yet realized how special he is.

Damn. How unbelievably great it is that he's a UConn alum and he lead a group of boys to National Title.

Damn. Good night. Love Kemba.

Reaction Score
It's funny but when people said we got the better of the two guards when we got Kemba over Jennings (who went to Europe) no one in their wildest dreams could have imagined the kind of impact Kemba would eventually have on this team. We just liked the fact that we would have a good point for 3 or 4 years. Instead what we got was 2 Final fours, national championship and Bob Cousy award.

Reaction Score
Needs to tighten up the shooting but he's been getting to the free throw line at a good clip.

Reaction Score
I watched the game. Kemba froze out the Bucks by making two foul shots at the end, the Bucks made a three pointer at the buzzer.

The real effect is how much energy he brings to the building. There is a noticeable buzz in the stands when he gets in the game. he single-hndedly has improved Charlotte's home court advantage.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
"That's one thing about Kemba Walker -- he ain't gonna give up at all," Silas said. "He stepped up and made two big free throws and it won the game. It was just phenomenal what he did for this ballclub at such a young age having never played professional basketball. He's got it."

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I thought it was funny when Maggette was instructing Kemba at the end of the game. Kemba kind of looked at him like, yeah I know how to win. Maggette is a guy with the physical tools, scores points, but never really makes winning plays.

I missed that, but you are right. That is funny. Maggette is a stiff, what is he going tell Kemba that Kemba hasn't already figured out for himself?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I hope Kemba never listens to a word that Dukie says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom