12K in Attendance | The Boneyard

12K in Attendance

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Generous. Did not look like it, but it may include tix sold.
Nice day. Great tailgate morning. I hope the game day experience continues next year with more fannies in the seats. View attachment 48522 View attachment 48522

Reaction Score
Something I don’t usually do but spent the game indoors in a suite yesterday. The side opposite press box was actually decent looking. The press box side maybe had 750 people on it if you include the ECU team and mascot. That said I would buy 9000 in the seats. And quite frankly it was better than I expected.

Reaction Score
The fans there stayed till the end which was encouraging. Just the true faithful there. Saw a young family leaving after we tied it at 24 but they had a toddler.

Reaction Score
Nobody wants to see a terrible team play. The cold weather doesn’t help. Turn it around Randy or step down. I think he gets one more year. Maybe two if we are gonna be cheap. We improved this year despite the horrendous record

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Those who stayed to the end are the solid core of fans. Remember even back when UConn was winning, a number of fans left early no matter who was winning. That was a complaint of many on this board back in the day.

Reaction Score
9-12,000 isn't as bad as it could have been. Weather was pretty good for late November and it was Senior Day. If the numbers continue to decline next season, however, AD Benedict might have to add lack of fan interest to more Ls than Ws as reasons to bring an early end to RE 2.0.

Reaction Score
These are some of the greatest fans on Earth.

It's actually amazing that this team still has this many followers dismal season after dismal season. This is a team that gets blown out almost every week and has won exactly two home games in the last two seasons.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nobody wants to see a terrible team play. The cold weather doesn’t help. Turn it around Randy or step down. I think he gets one more year. Maybe two if we are gonna be cheap. We improved this year despite the horrendous record
So in other words, the contract plays out in full. Hot take.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

It's actually amazing that this team still has this many followers dismal season after dismal season. This is a team that gets blown out almost every week and has won exactly two home games in the last two seasons.
That’s what I keep saying! It’s a miracle ANYONE still comes to these games let alone 12,000 people.

Reaction Score

I dropped my seasons, but truthfully that has a lot to do with my kids activities at the moment. At some point i could see myself going in again. This past Saturday, my choices were go to the game, or watch at home and finally tackle the leaves. I finished up the leaves in the dark but it was the better choice.

Reaction Score
The last several years Men’s BBall suffered from a similar syndrome. The play was lackluster, the losing ensued, the excitement waned and the arenas were much emptier. Now they’ll be filled again. The games are must see. Why? We see a few exciting players providing hope for the future. That’s what we’re missing from football. It’s about recruiting a few hope providers.

Reaction Score
We are missing more than recruits for football. I always looked at my chair back season tickets as supporting the program. Who cares if the team was horrible, and who cares if I could get tickets for free. But I finally had enough. Why reward an incompetent administration? They don’t want to invest in these kids and program then they can look at my, and hopefully other former diehards, empty seats. And maybe that will result in change. And if it doesn’t there will be even more empty seats next season. Until there is a change. And I won’t hold my breath.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We are missing more than recruits for football. I always looked at my chair back season tickets as supporting the program. Who cares if the team was horrible, and who cares if I could get tickets for free. But I finally had enough. Why reward an incompetent administration? They don’t want to invest in these kids and program then they can look at my, and hopefully other former diehards, empty seats. And maybe that will result in change. And if it doesn’t there will be even more empty seats next season. Until there is a change. And I won’t hold my breath.
Time for a handle change?

Reaction Score
Season tickets numbers probably will go down again.
2 home games of interest- Indiana and Army.
Uconn will have to be creative to try and get people to buy ST .
This year they offered 2 games FREE. And at least one other one for $5 thru the school. Tough to go back to your STHers and ask them to pay full boat and donate in some cases.
And (if) Edsell is coming back it's not going to lead to high demand either.

Reaction Score
I am not sure season Tx will drop. Cam Ross is worth the price of admission. We have really lacked that for the past few seasons. Then you consider Cam Ross, Jack Zergiotis, Matt Drayton, and Steven Krajewski are freshman let alone our corners and linebacker J Mitchell. The TE's are all back. Mensah is back and Black should be ready for the game time. We need to go after transfers to fill holes and add depth. Pass rushers with speed are still my main concern.

DAC17

Once upon a time, would never miss a game
Reaction Score
I was there. Nowhere near 12,000 people in the seats. I'd be surprised if 7,000. We'll know when the Courant publishes the turnstile attendance that they get at the end of the season through FOIA.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I dropped my seasons, but truthfully that has a lot to do with my kids activities at the moment. At some point i could see myself going in again. This past Saturday, my choices were go to the game, or watch at home and finally tackle the leaves. I finished up the leaves in the dark but it was the better choice.

That is your choice, but it wasn't a better choice IMHO. To let those who have been at UConn for four or five years and telling them thank you would have been a good thing. I just wish more people were actually inside to see the ceremony of those leaving instead of outside drinking and partying

Reaction Score
That’s what I keep saying! It’s a miracle ANYONE still comes to these games let alone 12,000 people.

There are about 24,000 undergrad students. You would think at least half of them would go to the games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom