12K in Attendance | Page 2 | The Boneyard

12K in Attendance

Reaction Score
That's a ridiculous ask. Does any school in the country get half of the undergrads in attendance?
Really? You are quoting @Irishfan. University of Notre Dame's undergrad enrollment is about 8K and they get at least half of that in the student section every game. My daughter was there for the last 5 years (also got her grad degree from ND graduating last Spring) and had season tickets all 5 years. I think she paid ~ $30-35 per game and she is not even a football fan. For ND students, the entire weekend is centered around the game.

Reaction Score
Really? You are quoting @Irishfan. University of Notre Dame's undergrad enrollment is about 8K and they get at least half of that in the student section every game. My daughter was there for the last 5 years (also got her grad degree from ND graduating last Spring) and had season tickets all 5 years. I think she paid ~ $30-35 per game and she is not even a football fan. For ND students, the entire weekend is centered around the game.
Ok schools with tiny undergrads with top 10 football programs may get that. But that's about it.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Are you telling me the football culture at ND is different than UConn? Someone call Jeff Jacobs this is breaking news.

Reaction Score
Are you telling me the football culture at ND is different than UConn? Someone call Jeff Jacobs this is breaking news.
You're right. I forgot. We want to be more like Villanova. ;)
Ok schools with tiny undergrads with top 10 football programs may get that. But that's about it.
True. But I am curious what % of the stadium capacity for schools with big enrollments and big stadiums like OH St, Mich, etc are allocated to students? Michigan has ~ 30K undergrad and their stadium holds 107K.

Reaction Score

my daughter, also not a football fan, never missed a game in her four years there. I asked her if all her friends went to the games. She just laughed and said of course, although she said that there were usually two or three girls in her dorm that didn’t go, but usually because they were sick, but she suspected it was because they didn’t want to sit in the cold or rain. And she was there during the Charlie Weis seasons of 3-9, 7-6 and 6-6.

Reaction Score
Nowhere close to 6k per class. I graduated in 2012 and remember that my class started at around 3500.

Sorry, those morons at Wikipedia said that there were 32,257 students at UConn. 23,978 undergraduate and 8,279 post graduate. So I guess, based on your figures, the real number is closer to 14,000 undergrads. Another case of fake news. You should go over and correct the numbers on Wikipedia.

Reaction Score
Nowhere close to 6k per class. I graduated in 2012 and remember that my class started at around 3500.

Overview of University of Connecticut
University of Connecticut is a public institution that was founded in 1881. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 19,133, its setting is rural, and the campus size is 4,109 acres.

Reaction Score
Sorry, those morons at Wikipedia said that there were 32,257 students at UConn. 23,978 undergraduate and 8,279 post graduate.

The morons are correct - the 23,978 includes all UConn campuses not just Storrs.

Reaction Score
There are about 24,000 undergrad students. You would think at least half of them would go to the games.

Why? The students dont care about the football games, and there's been little reason to care. It's not like the 2000s when the team was competitive and you were actually allowed to have fun tailgating.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Sorry, those morons at Wikipedia said that there were 32,257 students at UConn. 23,978 undergraduate and 8,279 post graduate. So I guess, based on your figures, the real number is closer to 14,000 undergrads. Another case of fake news. You should go over and correct the numbers on Wikipedia.
That number likely includes regional campuses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom