12 Years. Seven season tickets. I'm done. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

12 Years. Seven season tickets. I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm done as well. So is the rest of my group. When you can't get excited for games anymore, it's time.

The problem that Manuel needs to address immediately is making sure at least the players are excited to play SMU. Because they sure gave the impression last night they weren't excited, which was an insult to anyone who paid for a ticket to that game. Maybe they're already tired of Diaco's act or they're pissed their friends are getting run off. But this is something that is immediately fixable.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So they are making a decision on conference realignment this January? If so, then MAYBE you are right.

From everything that I've read, it may be 2-3-4 years down the road before it ever even comes up again. And if is solely about football, Cincy will win, just like Louisville won. More history, more success. If it is about anything else, we will win.

You miss the point entirely. Nothing is static. A bowl game this year erases most of the PP stink and sets an upward trajectory, so in 4 or 5 years, IF the B1G is looking to expand, the knock on UConn won't be they've only had one good year, or they were only decent under Edsall. We hear about tradition all the freaking time and the only way to build it is over a long period on time. Time we don't have in ample supply. Four going on five wasted seasons. Get busy living or get busy dying. We are at that point. So, it's time for everyone associated to decide.

Reaction Score
The cold, hard reality to me at least is that the Big12 is due to expand and Cincinnati and UCF are way too logical for the next in line.

When that happens, just forget about and blow the whole thing up.

Not in my wildest fears did I think things would be this bad. To think 4 seasons ago we were coming off a Big East football, Big East basketball championship combo and a basketball national title and realignment hits that fall. If we didn't get picked then, how do we get out now.

We simply must get out to recruit and survive but it's just not happening.

Extremely sad to come to grips with the above and to know I'm likely done with season tickets until if/when I move back to ct. I just can't justify giving up 6/7 full weekends anymore for this garbage.

I got some criticism earlier this season when I said I hate these players and coaches. It was probably deserved but it was honestly how I felt.

All anyone was asking for from this team was to compete. And why shouldn't they with so much at stake for UCONN? Playing in a WEAK conference? How could they not at least fight and be somewhat competitive? Give us and others hope? Show some urgency?

They have done none of that. You have so many UConn athletic teams raising their game during this critical period for our school. Men's hoop, women's hoop, field hockey, soccer, baseball. Now even hockey! All have done their part. And that the UConn football team takes the field and than throws it all away. Does more harm and negates all the other positives the other teams do. It's the most important sport. And we can't even muster enough to be competitive in the AAC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My advice to the AD is to reach out to every season ticket holder, let them sit wherever they want to sit, no priority points BS. Give a free jersey, helmet, whatever for every four season tickets. Right now there is zero value to being a season ticket holder, and not much more in attending these games. Getting blown out by no name programs and spending 8 hours watching it unfold doesn't scream value or entertainment to me. In 2005 & 2006, when we all knew Dan O was gone and wins were going to be hard to come by we still had hope of winning each game, we knew the names across the field, played every game tough, and won a few we had no business winning, (Hi. Larry Taylor).

Right now there is no emotional payoff in attending these games other than, "I'm a fan and this is my job." That's not nearly enough for anyone who works all week and is looking for some recreation on a fall Saturday. This is not that difficult to put a competitive team on the field, lesser schools do it every year.

This sucks, and the AD needs to work very hard this off season.
I like this post, but Diaco talks out of both sides of his mouth and that is part of what is driving people off the ledge. His constant the players suck theme has soured me on him some.
He's not perfect. But, he get's asked these dumb questions at presser, and maybe he could be more diplomatic ("We've going to focus on next week's game," and "We're making improvement every week.") but he'd take a lot of criticism for that too. So, instead, he responds to some blunt questions with some blunt answers, one of which is,"we're not a good team" and "our players have to improve" etc, etc, etc. He is facing a very difficult job. It can be done, ECU puts some good teams on the field every couple of years. It will not be easy. Ville, TCU, other teams banished to the desert of college football. I can be done. Will not be easy. But we need a guy just like Diaco. He's committed, he's here, he's enthusiastic about it, ain't goin nowhere, intent on building something. Not an easy task.

Reaction Score
People would feel better if Diaco said something different? 2-10 is 2-10. Regardless of what he "says" the team on the field last night was terrible. End of story.

Reaction Score
People would feel better if Diaco said something different? 2-10 is 2-10. Regardless of what he "says" the team on the field last night was terrible. End of story.
It's not about "feeling better". It's about taking accountability for part of the mess. One instance of "I have to do a better job as coach" would go a long way. Not last night's game, but Tulane, USF and Army, were all winnable games and they won none. Take some god damn responsibility, you're being paid enough. How many different ways does he have to say the players suck to get his point across?

Reaction Score
It's not about "feeling better". It's about taking accountability for part of the mess. One instance of "I have to do a better job as coach" would go a long way. Not last night's game, but Tulane, USF and Army, were all winnable games and they won none. Take some god damn responsibility, you're being paid enough. How many different ways does he have to say the players suck to get his point across?

Sure - but next year he is going to have a good record or he isn't. That's all we will care about. If he said all of the right things now, we would just be saying "he says all of the right things but I want to see results."

Reaction Score
I appreciate the irony that Skibs' comment was liked by a poster named Huskyforlife.

As for me, I'm always in for renewal. The tailgating is always fun... and UConn is my team. I just like to watch football, the team doesn't always have to be a winner. I get that other people aren't like that. If they win again some day that would be really cool too. Maybe this new reality just means that late November and December games just aren't going to happen in the forseeable future.

Reaction Score
I think you could buy a season ticket for KU Football this year as little as 150 bucks.

This is our future. Now that the stink of a bottom feeder is affixed to the program for the time being.

Reaction Score
Last night was an incredible embarrassment. Although Cincy has owned us during our D-1 history, and were clearly a better team this year, I expected more out of the offense after the recent games. If there is a plan to for us going forward besides developing for three years so we can compete with teams we are playing now, I'd like to know what it is. The home games are not fun at all. They are depressing. It is similar to what we expected under PP and GDL. Unless this coaching staff recruits at a much higher level and brings in numerous players who can contribute right away, I don't see much changing next year. We are so deficient in all phases of the game. Where are the playmakers coming from?

I am a season ticket holder from the second season of the RENT. I am a UCONN alum and love this university. I won't abandon the football team due to the horrendous performance of this coaching staff and of this group of players. They need our support and are working as hard as they can to turn things around. Maybe they will, maybe they won't- if they don't the coaches will get fired and we will start this process over again. I certainly hope that Diaco has a viable plan that won't take years to turn this mess around and won't result in another turnover of staff and/or systems. This mess looks like cuse under Greg Robinson or Louisville under Kragthorpe. Just not competitive. The only hope I see with the team is that we have a ton of young players who got playing time and will hopefully continue to get better. But unless those players are joined by additional young players who can contribute at a high level and possibly by veteran players who can contribute solid play, we will continue to waste the talent of the skill players we have who can't show anything because our overall system doesn't work. We can't run block to get room for backs, we can't pass block to give the QB time to pass to an open receiver, we can't run the ball from the QB position with current personnel. I don't have enough FB knowledge to know why but it seems like we are trying to be a Big Ten power team rather than a spread team but we don't have the line to execute it. I stayed to the depressing end of this game along with the estimated 100 UCONN fans who were there at the end. I can't fault anyone who left but I'm making the painful choice to stay. Hope some other fans will find some reason to support this team in their hour of need.

Reaction Score
It's been a investment in time and money since 2010, but I enjoyed the twelve year ride preceding 2010. Buying season tickets is unjustifiable in every way, except I still believe there will be a day when we are back in the mix. We almost made it once, and we can do it again. So, I'll piss away money, pull my last few hairs out, and endure the torture on faith alone. I hope you'll stay and keep the dream alive. If the boneyarder types leave, we are doomed.

Reaction Score
To me the worst part is the atmosphere has become depressing. I love college football. I travel each year to big games in the SEC and Big 10. I stayed for the entire UCF game. Last night was the first time I chose to not attend as a long time season ticket holder. The decision was really based on the thought of sitting in a stadium 3/4 empty to watch a lousy team in the cold. The students didn't even show up.

As for expansion I see no hope. If a miracle happened and Notre Dame decided to join the ACC full time that would be an opportunity for Uconn.

Reaction Score
I'll buy them again when I move back to the States (hopefully for the 2016 season)... If I can drag out of bed at 2 am to stream this dreck I can suffer the games live. Besides, the tailgates make the disasters of the game tolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom