• Natasha Howard, Florida State, Forward, 6’3”
  • Kayla McBride, Notre Dame, Guard, 5’11”
  • Chiney Ogwumike, Stanford, Forward, 6’4”
  • Shoni Schimmel, Louisville, Guard, 5’9”
  • Meighan Simmons, Tennessee, Guard, 5’9”
  • Odyssey Sims, Baylor, Guard, 5’8”
  • Alyssa Thomas, Maryland, Forward, 6’2”

Reaction Score
Seems about right.... although I do think Jordan Lucas, Maggie Lucas, or Trica Liston might slip into the 1st round.

I think that Stefanie will end up at Indiana with the 5th pick and Seattle will take Bria with the 7th pick.

It will be very interesting if the Sun don't take Shoni if she is still on the board with their 11th pick.

I don't think the Lynx will take Shoni or Simmons with their 12th pick if they are the only ones available out of this list. I think they might take a chance on Jennifer Hamson and try to convince her that making some basketball money in the WNBA with the league champs is preferable to one more year with Volleyball. She has the potential to be a very good WNBA center.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Jordan Hooper all day long over Simmons!!!

And Lucas/Liston as well. Both are better shooters and at least know how to pass!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure about how their injuries will impact the draft, but I hope Chelsea and Natalie can get back to 100% in time.

Stef will be a player at the next level.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Have to think Achonwa and Gray fall out of the 1st round unless drafted by Minnesota. Minnesota has a deep roster and can afford to keep either player as their 12 player.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I hope Simmons brings a book to read - she could be there a while, kinda like going to the DMV, or being called for jury duty ....:cool:
I have two words for you.

Cliff Robinson.

Reaction Score
Have to think Achonwa and Gray fall out of the 1st round unless drafted by Minnesota. Minnesota has a deep roster and can afford to keep either player as their 12 player.

Not so sure of that.

Reaction Score
Jordan Hooper all day long over Simmons!!!

And Lucas/Liston as well. Both are better shooters and at least know how to pass!
Add Jennifer Schlott and Tiffany Bias to that list.

Somebody give Schlott a Shot!

Reaction Score

• [ ]Natalie Achonwa, Notre Dame, Forward, 6’3”
    [ ]Stefanie Dolson, Connecticut, Center, 6’5”
    [ ]Markeisha Gatling, North Carolina State, Center, 6’5”
    [ ]Chelsea Gray, Duke,Guard, 5’11”
    [ ]Bria Hartley, Connecticut, Guard, 5’8”
    [ ]Natasha Howard, Florida State, Forward, 6’3”
    [ ]Kayla McBride, Notre Dame, Guard, 5’11”
    [ ]Chiney Ogwumike, Stanford, Forward, 6’4”
    [ ]Shoni Schimmel, Louisville, Guard, 5’9”
    [ ]Meighan Simmons, Tennessee, Guard, 5’9”
    [ ]Odyssey Sims, Baylor, Guard, 5’8”
    [ ]Alyssa Thomas, Maryland, Forward, 6’2”
Simmons is last in this group............

Reaction Score
Who will the first pick?

Great question. I think Chiney Ogwumike to the Sun. Tina Charles and Chiney nice frontcourt.

I would love for the Shock to take Sims with the 2nd pick. Diggins and Sims that is a scary backcourt.

I can see Stef going to the Stars and Bria landing with the Dream.

I do hope that somebody drafts Natalie Achonwa. That young lady is going to be a huge plus for a team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think the Sun take Chiney. They already have Montgomery and since they are in such a rebuilding mode, I think they can pass on Simms and look to other guards who might be left when they get to the 2nd round. Not sure how much longer Jones will be around, but Charles and Ogwumike would be a crazy good post tandem, and they could play Jones there as well. Chiney has been working on her mid range game and it's safe to assume it will only improve, and we already know Jones has a great mid range game too.

Reaction Score
Projecting needs :
1.Conn-Chiney(compliment Tina).
2.Tulsa-Thomas(compliment Johnson).
3.San Antonio-Dolson(They need a center).
4.New York-Sims(perfect PG to match-up with Pondexter).
5.Hard to project,teams will probably draft best athletes.Drafts are always unpredictable.No harm meant ,but why would Conn.take Sims a PG when Tina needs serious help on the boards?Why would Tulsa take Sims when they have Diggins/Goodrich at the Point?They need a SF.McBride is a better shooter than Thomas,but Thomas is the better all-around player and a stronger re bounder.Will McBride be drafted as a 2-guard or small forward?Per a conversation with San Antonio,I interjected that they would regret not taking Dolson.Just my perspective as an ex-coach.Have fun.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I'd like too see Simmons go to the Silver Stars.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Great question. I think Chiney Ogwumike to the Sun. Tina Charles and Chiney nice frontcourt.

I would love for the Shock to take Sims with the 2nd pick. Diggins and Sims that is a scary backcourt.

I can see Stef going to the Stars and Bria landing with the Dream.

I do hope that somebody drafts Natalie Achonwa. That young lady is going to be a huge plus for a team.

Now that would be an interesting combo.... :eek: in more ways than one

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Here's what I tried to post earlier but it did not work - I really doubt Indiana takes Dolson - for this one reason - How many UConn players can you remember playing for the Fever since Linn Dunn took over? I can find proof of any Huskies on the Fever since Schumacher in 2005. Dunn took over in December of 2007.

Would I love to Stef here? Absolutely - I would even offer to take her out to dinner (with my wife of course).

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
2064 points 5th all time at Tennessee.

I truly understand Swainfan and I'm not usually vituperative with regard our young woman.
But sorry, I just don't appreciate her game.

Reaction Score
I think the Sun take Chiney. They already have Montgomery and since they are in such a rebuilding mode, I think they can pass on Simms and look to other guards who might be left when they get to the 2nd round. Not sure how much longer Jones will be around, but Charles and Ogwumike would be a crazy good post tandem, and they could play Jones there as well. Chiney has been working on her mid range game and it's safe to assume it will only improve, and we already know Jones has a great mid range game too.

Jones has an achilles issue and is out for the season; don't forget the Sun have #11 as well. There is more likely to be a good guard at 11 than there is a post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom