12/1 Media Availability | Page 2 | The Boneyard

12/1 Media Availability

Reaction Score
The instantaneous force on a foot from jumping, running, or even walking is WAY greater than cycling. I’ve had foot issues off and on for most of my adulthood, and they got much better when I began to mix cycling into my routine. Cycling both strengthens and stretches the muscles of the foot.
Bingo. Stengthening those muscles supports the bone as well as increases durability and quickness potentially as well.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
You know sometimes teams and coaches come up with phantom injuries to provide media cover when they think they need to bench someone. For example maybe they want to focus Azzi's training in the next several weeks on defensive positioning and development. Maybe they consider her a liability until they fix that. Maybe they want her working on her conditioning as they appeared to have been doing with Amari early this season. She's a major "property" they want to protect, emotionally, as well as physically. Or maybe it's just an injury. I think it's an injury in this instance but using injuries as an excuse to bench someone is probably in Geno's playbook as it is for many major programs.
Cannot see Geno and staff doing this. His players learn by doing - "You don't do something until you get it right... You do it until you can't get it wrong." IMHO, actually scrimmaging and constantly moving through drills is better fitness than a stationary bike.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Early in Geno's career what kind of used cars did he sell? ;):rolleyes:

Notable quotes. He seems to be more positive and upbeat

On Azzi

“I don’t know if you saw her when she played, it didn’t look great, right? She’s not getting up and down the floor great and it’s been bothering her. We were trying to work at it, work at it, work at it,” Auriemma said. “She’s a really tough kid. She never wants to sit down. She thinks she can do anything. You’ve been waiting all this time to play and she tried playing through it, and it’s just not working.”

On Aubrey

Auriemma said last week that Griffin was missed in the South Carolina loss, and he expects her to bolster the Huskies’ depth in more ways than one.

“Defensively, I think for one. Rebounding I think for two. Attacking, slashing kind of guy that we kind of are missing for three,” Auriemma said. “She’s a much better stand-up shooter from the 3-point line than people recognize. I don’t think there’s area that she doesn’t help us.”

Reaction Score
You know sometimes teams and coaches come up with phantom injuries to provide media cover when they think they need to bench someone. For example maybe they want to focus Azzi's training in the next several weeks on defensive positioning and development. Maybe they consider her a liability until they fix that. Maybe they want her working on her conditioning as they appeared to have been doing with Amari early this season. She's a major "property" they want to protect, emotionally, as well as physically. Or maybe it's just an injury. I think it's an injury in this instance but using injuries as an excuse to bench someone is probably in Geno's playbook as it is for many major programs.
of all the bad conspiracy theories to come up with.

Reaction Score
If Azzi has the possible makings of a stress fracture in her foot, why is she riding a stationary bike? When I ride a bicycle it puts pressure on the bottom of my feet. Am I missing something here?
Interesting because I've had several and was told by both my ortho and podiatrist that I could not do anything but swim.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno giving his most detailed thoughts on NIL. Hint, it is not all roses. Azzi and Paige are handling it great but what about the others?

“What about the 8, 7, 6, 5 kids on your team that got absolutely zero?” he said. “You could make sure there is somebody at your school, some booster that just gives every kid $1,000 a week and say it’s NIL. But I don’t think that’s happening anywhere.”

Auriemma rolled his eyes, making sure it was known he was being sarcastic.

“So what about those kids who get nothing that sit in their room going, ‘Nobody wants me, I’m worthless.’ How’s that working on their welfare?” Auriemma said. “So I don’t think anybody quite understood where all this was going to end up. So all those geniuses out there that were talking about how great this is? Yeah, great. Who deals with the fallout of the kids who are suffering because, one, they’ve got too much and don’t know how to handle it; two, they’ve got nothing and they feel worse?

“All those people who suggested this is a great idea and then to have almost no control over it, who deals with that fallout? The coaching staff. So maybe all these people that suggested this is a great idea are all going to start forming businesses where they can council student-athletes who are getting too much and don’t know how to handle it or got nothing and don’t know how to handle it. But other than that, I think it’s a great idea.”

Reaction Score

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
That's a pant load of "sometimes" and "maybe's," ending up in an "I think" and a "probably. Too much suppostioin for a convincing argument.

Reaction Score
That's a pant load of "sometimes" and "maybe's," ending up in an "I think" and a "probably. Too much suppostioin for a convincing argument.
It is however exactly the right amount of supposition for a truly unconvincing argument.

Reaction Score
To me, this comment by Geno about Aubrey is his most surprising statement in quite a while. Aubrey is a better 3-point shooter than people recognize?? Apparently he has seen something in practice that we haven't seen in games.

Either this is just news conference fluff or it is big and very welcome news. Aubrey with a credible 3-point shot would be worth 25 minutes per game. She could be a central part of the guard rotation, which is less deep as of now than the front court ro

Geno giving his most detailed thoughts on NIL. Hint, it is not all roses. Azzi and Paige are handling it great but what about the others?

“What about the 8, 7, 6, 5 kids on your team that got absolutely zero?” he said. “You could make sure there is somebody at your school, some booster that just gives every kid $1,000 a week and say it’s NIL. But I don’t think that’s happening anywhere.”

Auriemma rolled his eyes, making sure it was known he was being sarcastic.

“So what about those kids who get nothing that sit in their room going, ‘Nobody wants me, I’m worthless.’ How’s that working on their welfare?” Auriemma said. “So I don’t think anybody quite understood where all this was going to end up. So all those geniuses out there that were talking about how great this is? Yeah, great. Who deals with the fallout of the kids who are suffering because, one, they’ve got too much and don’t know how to handle it; two, they’ve got nothing and they feel worse?

“All those people who suggested this is a great idea and then to have almost no control over it, who deals with that fallout? The coaching staff. So maybe all these people that suggested this is a great idea are all going to start forming businesses where they can council student-athletes who are getting too much and don’t know how to handle it or got nothing and don’t know how to handle it. But other than that, I think it’s a great idea.”
Geno's worried that Paige will be making more than he is in a couple years.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I didn't know Amari had a three shot (around the 3 minute mark):

Amari is a very skilled big with 3 ball range. Her motor and toughness has to catch up with that skill level for her to fully realize her potential.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom