11th... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

11th...

Reaction Score
Me thinks Bouk needed to be humbled. That reaction was not a good look, especially for Bobcat fans.

Kobe was drafted 13th and looked happier than Bouk.

Personally I've never seen someone's dream come true and not look happy.
Am I the only one who is tired of those commenting on facial expressions or body language who think they know what Bouk is thinking or feeling? Hated it during the season and still do. I would bet James is ecstatic about becoming a multimillionaire and getting paid to play a game he loves.

We really doing this again???

4DEB4096-335E-4DC5-8B76-90C762E35ADC.jpeg

Reaction Score
The question was asked about what he was feeling as he got drafted, he said he was sad to slip a bit but his heart sunk after hearing his name. Also, as someone who lives in Charlotte and is actually a Hornets fan, lot of people in this thread clearly don’t watch the team much. They aren’t keeping Rozier, Graham, and Monk. He and Ball are on a much different timeline, it’s going to be a great pairing and getting to run with Graham and Bridges off the bench for now is perfect for him.

Reaction Score
I feel so bad for James. Came back after the surgery when he didn't have to. Put in the extra work since the season ended (arguably one of those that helped himself the best since the NCAAB season ended). All the hype (an unfortunate machine) had him going easily into the Top 10 at a team that would properly develop him. All of that to end up in an absolutely terrible situation. Terrible luck for the kid.

Absolutely terrible fit for James. We already saw how Charlotte ruined Kemba's prime, not looking forward to seeing James waste away in this miserable organization/city. For how good MJ was as a player is how bad he is as an exec. Bouk will not only be fighting for minutes with the likes of Melo Ball, Terry Rozier, Devonate Graham, Malik Monk and Gordon Heyward, how will he get shots up? Especially with notable ball hogs Ball and Rozier.

Other than ending up in a place like Cleveland or Sacramento, this is the absolutely worst case scenario for James. He would have been better off even going to the Spurs next or even Pacers at 13 or would have struck gold with the Warriors at 14 (who I think will regret passing him up at 7).

Charlotte is where your NBA career dies sadly, and for James it might be over before it even starts. Before you call me dramatic, look at the the Hornets first round draft picks over time and tell me one player you feel like benefited from being in that terrible organization:

• 2004: Okafor -- while he had his back injuries, got to be the first pick for an expansion team which means you're destined for failure right awy
  • 2005: Ray Felton -- had his best years in the NBA years later as a Knick of all places
  • 2005: Sean May -- out of the NBA after only 119 games
  • 2006: Adam Morrison -- one of the best college scorers of all time became an instant bust playing for them
  • 2007: Jared Dudley -- left the Hornets after 94 games luckily for him as he was able to carve out a nice NBA career away from them
  • 2008: DJ Augustin -- starting point guard on a team that won 7 games
  • 2008: Alex Ajinca -- Lasted 34 games in Charlotte. As a first round pick.
  • 2009: Gerald Henderson -- The leading scorer on a 7 win team!
  • 2011: Kemba -- Wasted his early years on abysmal teams, willed the miserable franchise to the playoffs as he became an All-Star. By the time he made it out of the dump his age sadly caught up to him with injuries
  • 2012: MKG -- Mega bust after missing out on AD
  • 2013: Cody Zeller -- Has averaged 8.7 ppg over EIGHT seasons as the NUMBER FOUR overall pick
  • 2014: Noah Vonleh -- Lasted 25 games in Charlotte before being traded
  • 2015: Frank Kaminsky -- Another top-10 pick that has averaged under 10 ppg through his career
  • 2017: Malik Monk -- A scoring guard that hasn't scored in four seasons. Averaging 9.1 ppg on 40% shooting
  • 2018*: Miles Bridges -- I didn't include him at first b/c he was a trade, but fine I'll include him. 10.8 PPG over his first 3 seasons shooting 46%. There is some hope with him (and PJ/Melo). Only took 14 years other than Kemba to have someone that was halfway decent.
  • 2019: PJ Washington -- The #12 overall pick is averaging 12.6 & 6 over his two first seasons. Other than Kemba and Lamelo Ball he's 3rd in ppg among this list...
  • 2020: Melo Ball -- Eyyyyy a Rookie of the Year. But essentially the same type of player as Bouk. So the Hornets have arguably two successful draft picks (and saying Melo is a success after ONE season is pushing it) with Melo and Kemba in 15+ years.
So yeah, sorry I'm negative, but this franchise's track record speaks for itself. A terrible spot for Bouk and I hope he gets out ASAP. No offense to any of its residents but Charlotte is the most average city I've ever been too. Sure its not a bad place to live but it ain't special either. Everything about it is average. The food. The buildings. The weather. The people. Just average. Better than being a dump I suppose. If only the Hornets were average back...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I feel so bad for James. Came back after the surgery when he didn't have to. Put in the extra work since the season ended (arguably one of those that helped himself the best since the NCAAB season ended). All the hype (an unfortunate machine) had him going easily into the Top 10 at a team that would properly develop him. All of that to end up in an absolutely terrible situation. Terrible luck for the kid.

Absolutely terrible fit for James. We already saw how Charlotte ruined Kemba's prime, not looking forward to seeing James waste away in this miserable organization/city. For how good MJ was as a player is how bad he is as an exec. Bouk will not only be fighting for minutes with the likes of Melo Ball, Terry Rozier, Devonate Graham, Malik Monk and Gordon Heyward, how will he get shots up? Especially with notable ball hogs Ball and Rozier.

Other than ending up in a place like Cleveland or Sacramento, this is the absolutely worst case scenario for James. He would have been better off even going to the Spurs next or even Pacers at 13 or would have struck gold with the Warriors at 14 (who I think will regret passing him up at 7).

Charlotte is where your NBA career dies sadly, and for James it might be over before it even starts. Before you call me dramatic, look at the the Hornets first round draft picks over time and tell me one player you feel like benefited from being in that terrible organization:

• 2004: Okafor -- while he had his back injuries, got to be the first pick for an expansion team which means you're destined for failure right awy
  • 2005: Ray Felton -- had his best years in the NBA years later as a Knick of all places
  • 2006: Adam Morrison -- one of the best college scorers of all time became an instant bust playing for them
  • 2007: Jared Dudley -- left the Hornets after 94 games luckily for him as he was able to carve out a nice NBA career away from them
  • 2011: Kemba -- Wasted his early years on abysmal teams, willed the miserable franchise to the playoffs as he became an All-Star. By the time he made it out of the dump his age sadly caught up to him with injuries
  • 2013: Cody Zeller -- Has averaged 8.7 ppg over EIGHT seasons as the NUMBER FOUR overall pick
  • 2015: Frank Kaminsky -- Another top-10 pick that has averaged under 10 ppg through his career
  • 2017: Malik Monk -- A scoring guard that hasn't scored in four seasons. Averaging 9.1 ppg on 40% shooting
  • 2019: PJ Washington -- It may have taken 15 years, but the #12 overall pick is averaging 12.6 & 6 over his two first seasons. Otherh than Kemba and Lamelo Ball he's 3rd in ppg among this list...
  • 2020: Melo Ball -- Eyyyyy a Rookie of the Year. But essentially the same type of player as Bouk. So the Hornets have arguably two successful draft picks (and saying Melo is a success after ONE season is pushing it) with Melo and Kemba in 15+ years.
So yeah, sorry I'm negative, but this franchise's track record speaks for itself. A terrible spot for Bouk and I hope he gets out ASAP. No offense to any of its residents but Charlotte is the most average city I've ever been too. Sure its not a bad place to live but it ain't special either. Everything about it is average. The food. The buildings. The weather. The people. Just average. Better than being a dump I suppose. If only the Hornets were average back...
You just compared Melo Ball to James Bouknight saying they’re the same type of player. Ok….. Mitch is now running the show and the team is good, it’s a great fit for James being paired with melo. Thanks for your solid analysis in stating Lamelo and James are the same player!

Reaction Score

• 2018*: Miles Bridges -- I didn't include him at first b/c he was a trade, but fine I'll include him. 10.8 PPG over his first 3 seasons shooting 46%. There is some hope with him (and PJ/Melo). Only took 14 years other than Kemba to have someone that was halfway decent.
  • 2019: PJ Washington -- The #12 overall pick is averaging 12.6 & 6 over his two first seasons. Other than Kemba and Lamelo Ball he's 3rd in ppg among this list...
Ball & Bouk same type of player? So you're saying James has a good chance to be ROY?

Reaction Score

You wrote a lot of words when you could have just said I haven't watched the NBA the last few years

Reaction Score
You just compared Melo Ball to James Bouknight saying they’re the same type of player. Ok….. Mitch is now running the show and the team is good, it’s a great fit for James being paired with melo. Thanks for your solid analysis in stating Lamelo and James are the same player!
I agree. The fact that they drafted Raymond Felton 20 years ago spells doom for Bouknight.

The fact that they completely changed their entire FO two years ago and suddenly look like a competent franchise means nothing.
You guys act like one good pick in 20 years changes everything. Fine Melo is good. Maybe PJ and Bridges are too. This is not a good place for NBA careers. The numbers don't lie. It's a tough spill to swallow especially if you have blinders on as a fan (and as Knicks fan myself I get this). God forbid I want the kid to go somewhere that won't make his career harder than I have to.

Reaction Score
Ball & Bouk same type of player? So you're saying James has a good chance to be ROY?
You wrote a lot of words when you could have just said I haven't watched the NBA the last few years
I watch plenty of NBA. Only one ball and one basket to shoot on pals. Both Melo and Bouk need the ball in their hands to work. Bouk is not a spot up shooter.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
The question was asked about what he was feeling as he got drafted, he said he was sad to slip a bit but his heart sunk after hearing his name. Also, as someone who lives in Charlotte and is actually a Hornets fan, lot of people in this thread clearly don’t watch the team much. They aren’t keeping Rozier, Graham, and Monk. He and Ball are on a much different timeline, it’s going to be a great pairing and getting to run with Graham and Bridges off the bench for now is perfect for him.

It’s amazing how much poise a lot of these young guys have with the media asking them the same questions over and over

Reaction Score
The Hornets are a playoff team next year. They were a spicy squad this year and finished 3 games out of the playoffs. They added 2 lottery talents, a first round talent, Plumlee, and learned Cody Zeller is moving on.

Reaction Score
The Hornets are a playoff team next year. They were a spicy squad this year and finished 3 games out of the playoffs. They added 2 lottery talents, a first round talent, Plumlee, and learned Cody Zeller is moving on.
You mention adding a Plumlee as a reason to make the playoffs and yet talked down on my post? LOL. My dude...

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
You guys act like one good pick in 20 years changes everything. Fine Melo is good. Maybe PJ and Bridges are too. This is not a good place for NBA careers. The numbers don't lie. It's a tough spill to swallow especially if you have blinders on as a fan (and as Knicks fan myself I get this). God forbid I want the kid to go somewhere that won't make his career harder than I have to.
I think you mean bad teams are bad for careers. People would’ve said similar stuff about the bucks and the suns not too many years ago. If they end up being good, it’ll be good.

Reaction Score
So the new regime that drafts and develops Lamelo, Bridges, Graham, PJ, McDaniels, and gets Rozier to play at a career level get no credit? The Hornets were awful for a long time, but Mitch and Borrego actually have this thing headed in the right direction. They have real player development now and a game that fits the modern NBA. For a team full of “ball hogs” they were top 5 in assists last season. Had Hayward not gotten hurt (and half their team) they would’ve been a top 5 team in the East. This is a good team and he fits right in off the bench. They aren’t keeping Rozier, Graham, and Monk long term. This is a really good spot for Bouknight to get to play with Graham and Bridges in the second unit and Hayward who doesn’t need the ball much. I love the fit.

Reaction Score
You mention adding a Plumlee as a reason to make the playoffs and yet talked down on my post? LOL. My dude...
Good teams need good role players. I really like their roster composition after last night.

Reaction Score
I watch plenty of NBA. Only one ball and one basket to shoot on pals. Both Melo and Bouk need the ball in their hands to work. Bouk is not a spot up shooter.
You're just so blatantly wrong about the Hornets, it's funny. LaMelo and Bouk will have no problem playing together, this was the perfect spot and where I was hoping he'd up all spring

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
He'll start by January. 25+ a game. Unless Gaffney totally changes his mentality Hawkins is a better player once he adjusts to the speed of the game. 2-3 inches taller, way better defender, a little better shooter, more athletic, and much more aggressive. Gaff is a better passer though for sure and has a better handle, of still not great.

Still love Gaff and his role. But they're not the same caliber of player in terms of potential.
Hope you're right!

Reaction Score
If numbers don’t lie, consider this. They’ve hit on their past 3 picks. It’s not the same regime drafting that picked most of those “bums” you listed

Last edited:
Reaction Score

"The role I was in at UConn i was unable to show my playmaking abilities...." ok!! :eek:

Reaction Score
This is one of those situations where you made an uninformed bad take (Lamelo somehow being the same type of players as Bouknight) and got called on it. Just move on, there's no need to move the goalposts to another bad take (Lamelo and Bouknight won't be able to coexist).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s amazing how much poise a lot of these young guys have with the media asking them the same questions over and over
I like his answer to people who asked about his expression when his name was called. Essentially it was that he was so happy he
didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so (he) just played it cool."

Reaction Score
Bouk will not only be fighting for minutes with the likes of Melo Ball, Terry Rozier, Devonate Graham, Malik Monk and Gordon Heyward, how will he get shots up? Especially with notable ball hogs Ball and Rozier.
Monk and Graham are free agents. Both restricted, but neither are starters and as they just drafted Bouk, it would be unlikely for them to retain both, possibly neither as Graham may earn too much.

Rozier is a PG (and on the last year of his deal), so not competing with Bouk. Hayward is more of a wing in this stage of his career and doesn't need the ball (and keeps it moving in general), so it a nice fit with Bouk.

Melo has great size and can play alongside Bouk. There is some overlap in desire to be on ball, but Melo is more of a playmaker and Bouk more of a shot creator, so there is plenty of room for specialization.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Well said. I live here as well and was super pumped up when he fell to us. Two great young guards for Coach to work with is going to be fun to watch. We were closer this year, would love to have seen what we could do fully healthy all year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom