11th... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

11th...

Reaction Score
Get's to a chance to play in an offense he'll get a lot of good looks in while competing for the playoffs. Has another young great PG to play and grow with. Love the fit.
I don’t love the fit. Very crowded young and talented back court with ball, graham, rozier, Bouk and Hayward. Rozier just had a monster season. not a lot of extra shots to go around.

Reaction Score
I don’t love the fit. Very crowded young and talented back court with ball, graham, rozier, Bouk and Hayward. Rozier just had a monster season. not a lot of extra shots to go around.
Hayward is an injury prone forward Rozier is a free agent in a year and is a point guard/shooting guard and Graham is a 6'0 point guard. It's a great spot for Bouknight.

Reaction Score
I’m so mad he didn’t go to the Grizz. I had said a couple times before last season how I wanted Bouk to land on the grizz.

I would have INSTANTLY bought the throwback Vancouver Grizzlies jerseys. I’ll buy a Bouk hornets but damn.
this was my plan too. Really wanted the throwback grizzlies jersey and to see him play with Ja Morant. But oh well, i'll settle for Hornets.

Reaction Score
It’s not so important where you are drafted as where you end up. As Chief has said, James has the talent to have a great career. He just needs to focus on the future and developing both on the court and as a person. He can learn a lot by how Cade Cunningham handles himself with such maturity. I think a small market is good for James. He can focus on improvement without the distractions of a NY or LA. If he can hit the 3 in the game as he did at the combine, he will be fine. The main thing is to back it up on the court and remove himself from pressure, which comes from unrealistic expectations set by others.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
whut? how many minutes do you think he'll see?

He'll start by January. 25+ a game. Unless Gaffney totally changes his mentality Hawkins is a better player once he adjusts to the speed of the game. 2-3 inches taller, way better defender, a little better shooter, more athletic, and much more aggressive. Gaff is a better passer though for sure and has a better handle, of still not great.

Still love Gaff and his role. But they're not the same caliber of player in terms of potential.

Reaction Score
this was my plan too. Really wanted the throwback grizzlies jersey and to see him play with Ja Morant. But oh well, i'll settle for Hornets.
Ball is a pretty ex outing backup ho morant.

Reaction Score
Me thinks Bouk needed to be humbled. That reaction was not a good look, especially for Bobcat fans.

Kobe was drafted 13th and looked happier than Bouk.

Personally I've never seen someone's dream come true and not look happy.
That really stood out to me too. I understand where he is coming from, but it looks like someone who feels entitled and is not grateful. I hope he takes that anger and tears the league up though. He has the talent and the motivation.

Reaction Score
Hayward is an injury prone forward Rozier is a free agent in a year and is a point guard/shooting guard and Graham is a 6'0 point guard. It's a great spot for Bouknight.
Hayward can play 3 positions and takes a lot of shots. Rozier started almost every game at SG the last 2 seasons and you don’t know whether he’ll resign. Lamelo’s size allowed him and Graham to play together plenty doesn’t matter how short Graham is. They also have Monk who’s improving. There were better fits.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
There are still people on fbook UConn groups saying he should have stayed another year, never should have left, etc.....

Just crazy.
This draft class is so bad on paper that he had to leave.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
There are still people on fbook UConn groups saying he should have stayed another year, never should have left, etc.....

Just crazy.
Yep Bouk is a lottery pick in the NBA draft. College players dream of that. Heck most guys would be happy just to get a shot at playing in the NBA. Bouk gets to live the dream and he’s about to become a multi-millionaire. I’m happy for him.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hayward can play 3 positions and takes a lot of shots. Rozier started almost every game at SG the last 2 seasons and you don’t know whether he’ll resign. Lamelo’s size allowed him and Graham to play together plenty doesn’t matter how short Graham is. They also have Monk who’s improving. There were better fits.
Monk and Graham are both free agents, I'm sure Graham will be back and they'll match whatever offer he gets, but Monk is definitely gone

Reaction Score
Congrats Bouk! One of your dreams realized. Now make them pay. You have the talent. You've shown your commitment to your team playing hurt. You've shown you will put the time in to improve. Now channel all of that at your next goal.

We'll be watching.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is tired of those commenting on facial expressions or body language who think they know what Bouk is thinking or feeling? Hated it during the season and still do. I would bet James is ecstatic about becoming a multimillionaire and getting paid to play a game he loves.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Anyone have links for his post draft interviews?

can’t wait to watch lamelo and Bouk throwing and catching lobs

Reaction Score
Did you know this is the 3rd player to be drafted by Charlotte from UCONN?

Bouknight, Kemba and Okafor. Best of luck! Should be a great experience for him to play alongside LaMelo Ball

Reaction Score
I think it’s a GREAT spot for him. Yes there were better situations out there for him, but this is almost as good as it gets I believe. He will play a lot there and there’s a lot of buzz and optimism around that team now, so he can show off in the spotlight that’s there from last year. It’s really up to him. Jeremy Lamb career or Ray Allen. I think he can go either way.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom