11 for 17 (13 for 19) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

11 for 17 (13 for 19)

Reaction Score
I can't stand hyperbole and it's been ridiculous the past 12 hours.

Whaley led us in scoring in the first Creighon game. Had we pulled that out, I imagine BlueJay fans would've been bitching about the same thing. It happens.

Kalk's big game came about the same time Adama "lost" his ability to go vertical on both ends. Turns out Kalk is actually pretty damned good.
If i’m not mistaken that was Kalk’s highest scoring game of the year. I’m not saying its some conspiracy or anything, that’s ridiculous. But it is true and seems to happen somewhat often that alright players have career games against us.

Reaction Score
The defense was fine. Like you said, Allen made tough shots, and got bailed out on a terrible three (by us) and a wild runner (by the refs). He could have scored 37 points and his team still lost by 10+ if Sanogo finished better and our offense came alive before the 18 minute mark in the second half.
We all know Adama had some bonehead mistakes, no timeout was called on the Cole trap, and Allen didn't miss a FT.

We simply couldn't get over the hump.

Tie ball game: 4:50 left, Henry hits a big contested three.
Tie ball game: 1:40 left, Allen hits another ridiculous rainbow three.
NMST up 3: 27 sec left, Whaley doesn't slide and Allen gets And-1 layup.

That’s your ball game. NMST made shots/plays when they mattered most.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If i’m not mistaken that was Kalk’s highest scoring game of the year. I’m not saying its some conspiracy or anything, that’s ridiculous. But it is true and seems to happen somewhat often that alright players have career games against us.
OK, but I'd suggest that calling Allen an "alright" player would be not dissimilar to calling Allen Iverson the same. Volume shooter, streaky, and in Allen's case, seems to do better against P5s than his own conference (went off for 41 vs PSU last year).

Anyway, if there's one consolation, it's that Allen likely won't see a dime of income playing pro with his personal history, especially with Russia hoops off the table.

And just for the hell of it, remember when Darryl Wilson went off for 7-11 from 3 back in 1996 to end our season?

Last edited:

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Do you remember a player named Jeremy Lin? Well Linsanity started against UCONN when he played for Harvard. He destroyed us. And let’s not forget about our lose to Yale a while back when their guard had an insane night against us. Like I said, it’s common knowledge and goes back for years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom