11 for 17 (13 for 19) | The Boneyard

11 for 17 (13 for 19)

Reaction Score
11 for 17 from 3. I can't get that stat out of my head. If you also count the 2x we fouled Teddy from 3 and he coveted all 6 free throws 13 for 19. I know we didn't come to play in first half but the Aggies haven't shot that well from beyond the arc all year. Unreal

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Sure sure that doesn’t matter when we let 1 guy go for basically 40…

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sure sure that doesn’t matter when we let 1 guy go for basically 40…
He had a balanced game...
12 points from inside arc
12 points from outside arc
13 points from FT line

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The kid was sensational. We didn't play bad defense, he couldn't miss. In the first half he made two closely guarded back to the basket fade away 17 foot two pointers. He made no space, contested, moving, deep threes. Those suggesting we were unprepared or unmotivated or played bad defense just don't understand what they're watching

For one game, he was the GOAT.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
The kid was sensational. We didn't play bad defense, he couldn't miss. In the first half he made two closely guarded back to the basket fade away 17 foot two pointers. He made no space, contested, moving, deep threes. Those suggesting we were unprepared or unmotivated or played bad defense just don't understand what they're watching

Every teams “best player” has a GOAT game against UCONN. Happens all the time.

Reaction Score

Should have changed our defensive strategy early on him aka send a double and make the decision to pass for him,

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Should have changed our defensive strategy early on him aka send a double and make the decision to pass for him,

OK, I thought we did all of that. I thought we started the game doing that. I think Hurley's plan was to stop Allen from the outset, he just couldn't be stopped last night

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Really? Name them.
I agree with Horatio. In fact I said that in a post over a week ago. No I cannot name them. However, it has happened a few times a year. Kid makes one tre all year then against us he knocks down 8. In fact I recall a few times over the years it was a bench player.

Reaction Score
He wasn’t going to pass. He was going to throw up shots all game, that’s his game, he’s a volume shooter… last night the outside shots fell.

Reaction Score

This. People are way overstating defensive issues. We had offensive issues but they made almost every shot tough. Allen shot tons of objectively bad shots and made almost all of them. Not sure exactly what else defensively you can do there.

Reaction Score
This. People are way overstating defensive issues. We had offensive issues but they made almost every shot tough. Allen shot tons of objectively bad shots and made almost all of them. Not sure exactly what else defensively you can do there.
Good players make tough shots. I’m not saying he didn’t get some luck, he certainly did, but you have to get the ball out of his hands. Send another defender, stop switching bigs onto him, etc.

Reaction Score
The defense was fine. Like you said, Allen made tough shots, and got bailed out on a terrible three (by us) and a wild runner (by the refs). He could have scored 37 points and his team still lost by 10+ if Sanogo finished better and our offense came alive before the 18 minute mark in the second half.

Reaction Score
The refusal to play guys with 2 fouls by Hurley is so frustrating. Yeah scoring more than 22 points would help but it's not a coincidence that Allen started going off as soon as Jackson came out

Reaction Score
The refusal to play guys with 2 fouls by Hurley is so frustrating. Yeah scoring more than 22 points would help but it's not a coincidence that Allen started going off as soon as Jackson came out
Jackson couldn't stay in front of him. He missed like 3 layups against him before he got in foul trouble, it wasn't good defense.

Reaction Score
Good players make tough shots. I’m not saying he didn’t get some luck, he certainly did, but you have to get the ball out of his hands. Send another defender, stop switching bigs onto him, etc.
There’s a difference between good players make tough shots and dude hit every shot. Outside of completely selling out to deny him and leaving yourself open to easy baskets from other guys, hard to say what else should have been done. Allen took mostly bad shots. The shots on 19/20 days that we’d have been totally happy forcing him to take.

Reaction Score
There’s a difference between good players make tough shots and dude hit every shot. Outside of completely selling out to deny him and leaving yourself open to easy baskets from other guys, hard to say what else should have been done. Allen took mostly bad shots. The shots on 19/20 days that we’d have been totally happy forcing him to take.
Didn't help that the support cast shot 7 for 10 from 3

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I agree with Horatio. In fact I said that in a post over a week ago. No I cannot name them. However, it has happened a few times a year. Kid makes one tre all year then against us he knocks down 8. In fact I recall a few times over the years it was a bench player.
Exactly. It’s beyond common knowledge at this point and I remember your post. It happens a lot. I’m not gonna go do the forensics to prove what most of know.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I didn’t say every game lol. You’re riding on a poster hyperbolizing and thinking it’s a ‘gotcha’. It’s happened pretty often that mediocre-to-okay players tend to just go off against us.
I can't stand hyperbole and it's been ridiculous the past 12 hours.

Whaley led us in scoring in the first Creighon game. Had we pulled that out, I imagine BlueJay fans would've been bitching about the same thing. It happens.

Kalk's big game came about the same time Adama "lost" his ability to go vertical on both ends. Turns out Kalk is actually pretty damned good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom