• Brigham Young

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I should have stayed in bed today.

My dog bit me this morning, a deep, deep gash. The team I picked to win the men's tournament is getting blown out in the second round, and now Rutgers, a team I had going go the Elite 8, getting eliminated in the women's tournament.

Was it Karen Carpenter that said "Rainy Days and Mondays always get me down"?
Funny. I barely had MD as a chance E8 team, and that's it for the B1G

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
BYU wins. Nothing surprising here for me.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Aw, sorry @Coler
Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
BYU played #5 seed Gonzaga three times and was a buzzer-beater away from winning the series 2-1. I wouldn't have bet against them against any of the #6 seeds with the possible exception of Iowa.

Brutal finish in this game for Rutgers, but all in all they had a pretty good season, especially considering how their schedule got decimated by Covid issues. Happy thoughts @Coler and @KnightBridgeAZ

Reaction Score
Even though BYU is pretty good, most people probably missed this one.
Sadly. Watching BYU vs LSU in the first game of the year. I was tempted to choose them but went with the higher seed. Shame on me

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
BYU played #5 seed Gonzaga three times and was a buzzer-beater away from winning the series 2-1. I wouldn't have bet against them against any of the #6 seeds with the possible exception of Iowa.

Brutal finish in this game for Rutgers, but all in all they had a pretty good season, especially considering how their schedule got decimated by Covid issues. Happy thoughts @Coler and @KnightBridgeAZ
And @bbsamjj

Reaction Score
I had byu winning this game

Attachments

• 4581AFD2-09E7-46E1-B780-5C5084B668AA.png
    4581AFD2-09E7-46E1-B780-5C5084B668AA.png
    620.7 KB · Views: 117

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Brutal seeing #24 for Rutgers after the game. :( Tough tough way to end a career ... you almost rather get blown out than lose in the fashion they did.

Reaction Score
BYU has some history. In the 2014 tournament, #12 seed BYU was only down 30-29 to UCONN at the half in the Sweet Sixteen. Dolson, at the half, said, "Stewie has to step up right now." UCONN won 70-51. I guess they were the last one in this year.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
All can say is...Washington beat BYU by 29. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think CVS is one of the games' all time great coaches and she's impacted thousands of lives during her time in the sport. I believe she should likely consider retirement. CVS can continue to be a contributor to the game and continue to be involved in the sport but I would hand the reigns to someone else.

I'm not bashing her as she's managed to come back strong after a few rocky years that had me questioning if she had any left. Clearly she does but it can be utilized in other ways besides being head coach of a P5 program.

Reaction Score
Looking at box score, I see all their main players listed and they played 11, so that's a big nope.
Are you saying BYU is overrated or Washington is underrated?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Are you saying BYU is overrated or Washington is underrated?
Simply pointing out a score. It looks like an anomaly, but a near 30 point margin of victory certainly catches the eye.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I think CVS is one of the games' all time great coaches and she's impacted thousands of lives during her time in the sport. I believe she should likely consider retirement. CVS can continue to be a contributor to the game and continue to be involved in the sport but I would hand the reigns to someone else.

I'm not bashing her as she's managed to come back strong after a few rocky years that had me questioning if she had any left. Clearly she does but it can be utilized in other ways besides being head coach of a P5 program.
Was gonna post the same thing just about. Time for CVS to move out of coaching. I don't know how much she's being paid compared to other head coaches, but I just don't see her having much more success in the future.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Was gonna post the same thing just about. Time for CVS to move out of coaching. I don't know how much she's being paid compared to other head coaches, but I just don't see her having much more success in the future.
She is well compensated, but not quite at the million dollar level she once was. May come close to that with incentives, depending.

I'm not sure. I like CVS, and she certainly had a recovery from the really weak teams of a few years back. She recruited a gem in Diamond, the rest of the freshman are supposed to be good, but generally didn't get to play much this season.

That said, there is a "ceiling" or "lid on the basket" or something that they just can't recapture the success they had at one time. For a long while, it was somewhat easy to say "all defense no offense", but the offense was pretty decent this season.

I would prefer she decides to retire on her own.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom