11/27/23 AP poll | The Boneyard

11/27/23 AP poll

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A date that will live in infamy:

We are out of the top 10

IMG_0961.jpeg

(Before you start scanning the sports pages for a new team to route for, we've lost to the number two and number five teams in the nation. They revealed some of our weaknesses, but now we know what to work on.)

Reaction Score
When was the last time that Uconn was not in the top 10, and top 20?

Reaction Score
Texas #10. UConn #11. I am a Texas fan. I do not like this at all. Texas has not played a team in the top 50, let alone the top twenty-five or top 10. Looking forward to Sunday to get an idea of how the team is progressing.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Sounds about right with two starters and half the team’s height sidelined. Any team that has to depend on 4 freshmen and a little used reserve will have a lot of question marks. I look forward to seeing the freshmen (and Paige & Nika) decide to prove the voters wrong

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I went back and looked and it does not look like Uconn was ever out of the top 10 AP poll last year, according to this
It was two years ago, December 2021. (Folks can perhaps be forgiven for letting the injury-riddled seasons blur together in the memory.)

UConn spent 3 weeks at #11 that season before re-entering the top 10.

Reaction Score
I guess that being 9 felt like they were out of the top 10. Depressed UCONN fans that weren't used to them being ranked that low.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Texas #10. UConn #11. I am a Texas fan. I do not like this at all. Texas has not played a team in the top 50, let alone the top twenty-five or top 10. Looking forward to Sunday to get an idea of how the team is progressing.
We need this game, and we have to play well. The powers at be have a low opinion of us right now, dropping us 5 spots in the poll after losing to the #2 team. The freshmen have to have a huge impact in this game as well as the rest of the season. We cannot depend on some of our veterans since they seem to be injury prone. The freshmen have to grow up fast, and to Genos credit he is allowing them to do just that. I don't know how long it will take, but I think we will be OK by the end of the season, although the sooner they grasp what we are all about the better we will be.

Reaction Score
anything is possible this year. we could very well drop out of the top 25 if AE does not get back to AA form and the freshmen take it up a notch. we have no idea when a healthy CD and Ayanna will show up. Texas at their place is one of many upcoming tough games.

Reaction Score
I think the fan base needs to realize that there are other good teams and other good players out there. Being ranked in the Top 10 is not a given (or a birth right to mix metaphors) for the Huskies like it was in the early 2010's. Women's college basketball is changing and evolving and runs of fourteen straight final fours and four championships in a row are just not likely to happen again. The Huskies will still be relevant and if they could ever have an injury free season they will be back in the conversation for titles. May not be this year, though.

Reaction Score
I think the fan base needs to realize that there are other good teams and other good players out there. Being ranked in the Top 10 is not a given (or a birth right to mix metaphors) for the Huskies like it was in the early 2010's. Women's college basketball is changing and evolving and runs of fourteen straight final fours and four championships in a row are just not likely to happen again. The Huskies will still be relevant and if they could ever have an injury free season they will be back in the conversation for titles. May not be this year, though.
Last year TWO TRANSFERS, Dorka and Lou, a true post player and a sharpshooter helped to maintain our lofty ranking. Without them, we were marginal at best.

Reaction Score
Iowa ahead of State? That school in Chapel Hill still ranked?

giphy.gif
It would appear that the Coaches are all in on ranking the schools from the PAC-12 that are coming to their Conference next year with five teams in the top 8, and NC State being penalized [not rewarded] for beating UCONN, so UCONN could fall out of the TOP 10.

OTOH, it's not even close to March, so NO WORRIES, Mate!

Reaction Score
The month of December is loaded with quality games. The toughest being at Texas. But I believe that the UConn girls win out the month. Then move back up in the ranking. Yes it would be a feat to do. Beating Texas, North Carolina, Louisville and Marquette. And Ball State is no slouch.

Reaction Score
Rankings only mean something right before tournament selection, especially this year. We have a long way to go and most of the teams ahead of us will likely sustain multiple losses. You don't get an NC trophy by rankings, even if you raise a banner.

Reaction Score
At least it relieves some of the pressure on our team to be perfect.:)

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
This is going to be an interesting year. As of today, 3 of the top 25 have lost, although the ND/TN and Lville/Ole Miss matchups aren't real upsets. It will be interesting to see if there's an effect on the NCSU/Vandy game, as the lead was as high as 24 before NCSU lost focus and Vandy came roaring back. Fun to see.

Reaction Score
A date that will live in infamy:

We are out of the top 10

View attachment 93463
(Before you start scanning the sports pages for a new team to route for, we've lost to the number two and number five teams in the nation. They revealed some of our weaknesses, but now we know what to work on.)
We aren't going to change who we root for, and Geno has always known what to work on ... to beg the higher power to heal our injured immediately if not sooner. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom