10 teams in new conferences in 10 years | Page 2 | The Boneyard

10 teams in new conferences in 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Understanding that I could have written a more thoughtful article, I thought I'd post this as we wait for the Big 12 to make their move in the next couple of months... I agree with the Pac-12 speculation, but I don't think it trickles down as far as K-State. Texas, Oklahoma, OK State and Kansas would be my guess if they do 4.

10 Schools We Think Will Be In Different Conferences A Decade From Now

It's time to make Dooley's outstanding research/collation required reading for every Blogger, "Journalist" and vacuous talking head that publishes CR related tea leaf readings. If they don't want Uconn in their playpen, fine. But, at least, base the arguments on the merits of the comparative metrics. That would, at the very least, require some creative BS. God, some of these people are more shallow than the puddle I stepped in this AM.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Texas has 3 options and one is the PAC while Texas Tech's only real chance is that it gets taken along for the ride to the PAC, too. That makes sense. Kansas to the PAC, nope. Kansas St, maybe if the PAC had no other choices. G Tech going to the B1G is a possibility if the B1G also gets UNC and UVA. I can see Oklahoma to the SEC; but, not both Oklahoma and OK St to the SEC. If Oklahoma goes to the B1G, then OK St can go to the SEC, if Oklahoma goes to the SEC, then OK St is likely going to the PAC. ND to the ACC, dug, its there, sort of, already. UConn to the ACC, of course; but, Cincy and West Virginia would both push hard to get into ACC and as we have seen before, rule #1. Overall, biggest gripe in this is that without Texas and Oklahoma, the XII is dead, and without UNC, the ACC is dead, which would result in both the ACC and XII folding. The football powers need a P4 not a P3.

As you see these scenarios that all leave many schools on the sidelines, and create bizarre time zone situations (no fan of any team in the central time zone nor any network wants them playing in the Pac, it kills the ratings when games start so late) you come to realize that none of the P5 conferences are going to collapse or go away. The most likely scenarios are all much more modest, including UConn to the Big 12.

Reaction Score
As you see these scenarios that all leave many schools on the sidelines, and create bizarre time zone situations (no fan of any team in the central time zone nor any network wants them playing in the Pac, it kills the ratings when games start so late) you come to realize that none of the P5 conferences are going to collapse or go away. The most likely scenarios are all much more modest, including UConn to the Big 12.

We are seeing some of that tonight...the basketball national championship game, playing in Houston, won't tip off until about 9:20 pm eastern. It may lose some casual eastern viewers.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
We are seeing some of that tonight...the basketball national championship game, playing in Houston, won't tip off until about 9:20 pm eastern. It may lose some casual eastern viewers.

Incredibly stupid with two eastern teams. Nobody on the west coast watches sports anyway.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
He's grinning ear to ear, knowing he just picked the contestant he'll be bringing back to his hotel room.
I think I know his pick up line - "I have some US american maps in my hotel room, do you want to stop by? We'll start by looking for Uranus."

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Texas has 3 options and one is the PAC while Texas Tech's only real chance is that it gets taken along for the ride to the PAC, too. That makes sense. Kansas to the PAC, nope. Kansas St, maybe if the PAC had no other choices. G Tech going to the B1G is a possibility if the B1G also gets UNC and UVA. I can see Oklahoma to the SEC; but, not both Oklahoma and OK St to the SEC. If Oklahoma goes to the B1G, then OK St can go to the SEC, if Oklahoma goes to the SEC, then OK St is likely going to the PAC. ND to the ACC, dug, its there, sort of, already. UConn to the ACC, of course; but, Cincy and West Virginia would both push hard to get into ACC and as we have seen before, rule #1. Overall, biggest gripe in this is that without Texas and Oklahoma, the XII is dead, and without UNC, the ACC is dead, which would result in both the ACC and XII folding. The football powers need a P4 not a P3.

It's like HFD if his slash key was broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom