10 teams in new conferences in 10 years | The Boneyard

10 teams in new conferences in 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Had to flick through 10 pages just to see those 5 magic letters.

Reaction Score
Lombardi is another frustrated Syracuse guy. He'll have nothing good to say about UConn. I don't say this without reason. Syracuse has been jealous of UConn for about 15 yrs. It a BS analysis.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I hate the clicking bit but it makes money for the writers and sites. My wife writes on the side for Athlon sports and the first thing she realized is that a normal article she'd write becomes more profitable for her when it gets turned into a slide show or broken up like that article did. It's crap but when you get paid per click, the more pages a reader has to click through, the more money the writer sees.

In terms of the article, I felt they were a little harsh in their analysis of our school but as long as we're mentioned as being in one o the Power 4 conferences I could care less.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Click bait whoring. HFD would have covered this with two colons and nine slashes.
Agree, except for the colons.

Reaction Score
SEC has made it pretty well known they're not going to double up on states, but the writer thinks Oklahoma and Oklahoma State ends up in the SEC? Yeah ok.

Reaction Score
This time I promise, I am never going to those pages which make you page through a simple 10 list.
and this drivel: "Baylor, TCU, Iowa State and West Virginia aren’t options – because of either geography or academics." The ACC has already ditched the Academics thing, but I guess that was directed at WVU.

Reaction Score
It's hard to fathom North Carolina leaving Duke and their Tobacco Road cabal to go to the B1G.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So he predicts the demise of the Big XII. Umm...whatever. Really going out on a limb there.

Reaction Score
It's hard to fathom North Carolina leaving Duke and their Tobacco Road cabal to go to the B1G.
Easy to see UNC and Duke going to the SEC. NC State will be reduced to Central Connecticut State U.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I hate the clicking bit but it makes money for the writers and sites. My wife writes on the side for Athlon sports and the first thing she realized is that a normal article she'd write becomes more profitable for her when it gets turned into a slide show or broken up like that article did. It's crap but when you get paid per click, the more pages a reader has to click through, the more money the writer sees.

In terms of the article, I felt they were a little harsh in their analysis of our school but as long as we're mentioned as being in one o the Power 4 conferences I could care less.

Whenever I click on the link and it has a slide show, I just close it down. Too frustrating to page through as it loads the ads. Now whenever I see anything that says "top 10...." I don't even bother looking.

Reaction Score
2 teams in new conferences in 2 years: UConn and I don't care who else.

UConn and ND just make too much sense. Both have good hockey programs, academics are excellent. ND has football and UConn has bball. It's a win win

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Kansas is closer to Hartford than LA. I don't see it happening.

People really do struggle with geography... just because it's west of say, Indiana... doesn't mean it's closer to California. It's why you get all this great articles about Boise State joining the B12, etc.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
People really do struggle with geography... just because it's west of say, Indiana... doesn't mean it's closer to California. It's why you get all this great articles about Boise State joining the B12, etc.

If only they had maps, U.S. Americans could do a better job of locating Kansas.

Reaction Score
Texas has 3 options and one is the PAC while Texas Tech's only real chance is that it gets taken along for the ride to the PAC, too. That makes sense. Kansas to the PAC, nope. Kansas St, maybe if the PAC had no other choices. G Tech going to the B1G is a possibility if the B1G also gets UNC and UVA. I can see Oklahoma to the SEC; but, not both Oklahoma and OK St to the SEC. If Oklahoma goes to the B1G, then OK St can go to the SEC, if Oklahoma goes to the SEC, then OK St is likely going to the PAC. ND to the ACC, dug, its there, sort of, already. UConn to the ACC, of course; but, Cincy and West Virginia would both push hard to get into ACC and as we have seen before, rule #1. Overall, biggest gripe in this is that without Texas and Oklahoma, the XII is dead, and without UNC, the ACC is dead, which would result in both the ACC and XII folding. The football powers need a P4 not a P3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom