#10 Stanford @ #5 Ohio State 6 pm (BTN) | The Boneyard

#10 Stanford @ #5 Ohio State 6 pm (BTN)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am looking forward to seeing

I hope we will have a lot of BY's watching this game and provide some good scouting of our toughest opponents

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I hope we will have a lot of BY's watching this game and provide some good scouting of our toughest opponents

Must-see TV for WCBB fans tonight. UConn gets the advantage of a Stanford "scout game" vs. a bona fide opponent whereas Stanford will be UConn's opener.

I'm curious: Is BTN carried on most people's cable/satellite basic packages? Or do you need a tier upgrade or sports add-on?

For my fellow cord-cutters out there: BTN is one of the few nationwide sports networks (along with CBSSN) not carried on Sling TV. The following services do offer BTN: YouTube TV, PlayStation Vue, DirecTV Now, and fuboTV. (And there may be others I'm not aware of.)

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

I have it in my DVR To Do List but hope to catch it live from the tip off, DVR is " just in case"...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Massey has the game

Stanford (5) 76- 71 over Ohio St (17)

I guess Massey is less impressed with Ohio St (ranked 17) then all other polls I see and I agree. Ohio St always underachieves in the end.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Massey has the game

I guess Massey is less impressed with Ohio St (ranked 17) then all other polls I see and I agree. Ohio St always underachieves in the end.

Massey is not a poll; it's a (computer) power rating. It currently has teams listed by default according to how they finished last season. (You'll notice it has Washington at #7, a far cry from where they'll actually be this season after losing all their starters plus their head coach and landing no significant recruits.)

The Massey ratings should start afresh after today or whenever the first results of this season are inputted.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Massey is not a poll; it's a (computer) power rating. It currently has teams listed by default according to how they finished last season. (You'll notice it has Washington at #7, a far cry from where they'll actually be this season after losing all their starters plus their head coach and landing no significant recruits.)

The Massey ratings should start afresh after today or whenever the first results of this season are inputted.

Thanks. Making mistakes all over the place. :(

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thanks. Making mistakes all over the place. :(
This is a very common misperception on this and other basketball boards. The Tennessee forum had an entire thread a few weeks ago about where their team was ranked on Massey, and I'm not sure a one of them realized it was meaningless (to the extent that computer ratings are meaningful in the first place).

Reaction Score

Thanks for the heads up, its appreciated.

Reaction Score

Thanks

Reaction Score
Massey has the game

I agree, what has THE Ohio State done to deserve a #5 ranking ?

Reaction Score
I'm going to be glued to the TV. I want to see if Stanford and/or has anything this year. Can they do any damage-go deep in the tournament etc.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I have it in my DVR To Do List but hope to catch it live from the tip off, DVR is " just in case"...
DVR not needed, animals fed, food going in to my belly... it's time to tip off the WBB tv Season!!!!

Reaction Score
How many of OSU's starters are transfers? Calhoun, Harper, Mavunga?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So...I kept hearing about how young Stanford is, I tried to point out otherwise. Opening day starting lineup--2 Sr. and 3 Jr. That ain't young!

Reaction Score
This court is weird. Almost like the sidelines are in the middle of the court.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Stanford should be a good test. If Ohio State defense is improved.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Rough start by both teams but the action is picking up now, both teams hitting some buckets. The feed is all jacked up. Buckeyes up 18-12 at the under 5 minute break. Kelsey Mitchell is a shot maker. I have no problem with that.

Reaction Score
1st quarter of the first game, you get what you expect. Ragged play, little defense.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

They superimpose the Volleyball court with the basketball court.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I'm watching this game right now. Remember that phrase if you don't have something nice to say .....
This might be me saying good night everyone.

Plebe

Reaction Score

That's the volleyball court surrounded by the thick red bands. St. John Arena is where the Ohio State women play, and they're still in the middle of their Big Ten season. It is kinda weird to see a basketball game on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom