10 Questions (predictions) | The Boneyard

10 Questions (predictions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I enjoy these true/false threads. They get a nice discussion going and help me get a feel for how overly optimistic I'm being...

1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year).

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year).

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45).

4) Captains are Brimah and Purvis.

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year).

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season.

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs.

8) UCONN works their way into the AP top 10 at some point this season.

9) Jalen will average 10ppg.

10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely?).

Reaction Score
I enjoy these true/false threads. They get a nice discussion going and help me get a feel for how overly optimistic I'm being...

1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year). False, hope I'm wrong though.

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year). False but this is how I rank them in order of most probable - Purvis, DHam, Gibbs, Brimah, Miller

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45). Very true.

4) Captains are Brimah and Purvis. True.

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year). True.

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. True if deep run in NCAA's, false if not. I'll go with true.

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs. True.

8) UCONN works their way into the AP top 10 at some point this season. False.

9) Jalen will average 10ppg. True.

10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely?). True, DHAM.

Reaction Score

1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year). False, but I think he gets 8 or 9. Clearly much more talent and even though we may not have a great rebounding center, KO preaches attacking the defensive glass with our guards which should lighten Miller's load.

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year). True

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45). Definitely true. Adding Miller will help this even more (spacing).

4) Captains are Brimah and Purvis. True-ish. I feel KO will add a third, maybe sterling?

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year). False, that number is just so high, its hard to believe it's possible. But I'd love to see it happen :cool:

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. True

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs. True

8) UCONN works their way into the AP top 10 at some point this season. True- and it may come the week after that win against Maryland.

9) Jalen will average 10ppg. -False. Just below this number, but is going to be the 5th scoring option to start the year. Tough to make those numbers that way.

True- Brimah and DHAM will BOTH have TDs this season

Reaction Score
I think that he will have some, but not sure about the 10. He doesn't need to score, he just needs to rebound the ball. The better question to ask is if he will have games of around 20 rebounds with the shorter clock.

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year).
The guards will each have a game of 25+, but Brimah and Miller will not. They could potentially have games of 20+, but 25+ might be a stretch.

Definitely true.

Somehow I think Omar might be in the conversation because of his positive attitude and his willingness to work hard.

Not gonna happen, realistically. But with the less time per possession and hopefully with less fouling he could get there.

I think Purvis stays, but if we win it all they almost certainly will.

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs.
Should happen, but probably not going to happen.

Should've started in the top 10, but didn't. Will not happen until the end of the season when we hoist up #5.

True.

True. i think that it will be DHam.

Reaction Score

False... He's going to be a nice complementary piece. But I'm certainly not expecting "huge" numbers from him. I'd be very pleased with a 9-7 year. Someone said he was Dennis Rodman like the other day. May have to calm down on that one.

False... I'd say first three for sure. We will have some great balance this year so I don't think the last two will ever have a game where they are a focus offensively; unless, of course, we are playing Coppin St again.

True... On paper we have at least four guys who should be legit 35%+ shooters in Gibbs, RP, DHam, and Jalen. I think Cassell will be able to shoot it a bit, Omar if he's healthy, and Miller will contribute a little bit here as well.

True...

False... I think he will be about the same. I feel like guys don't generally improve the block numbers all that much. Emeka and Thabeet were consistently in the four range for three straight years. Doubt teams are going to start challenging Amida more and I expect him to be more judicious on what he tries to block as well.

False... DHam, yes, with obvious reason. Purvis, yes, because there's no point in another college season. Amida, no, because he will find out that he's still not ready.

True

True

True... He will be a star.

10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely?)
False.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
1. False - He'll get a couple, not 10
2. False - Although having 5 players get 25+ in a game would be awesome
3. True - Gibbs, DHam, Adams, Purv all a threat from beyond the arc before you start including 1 or 2 more per game from Omar, Cassell, or Miller
4. True
5. True - Shot in the dark guess 4.1
6. True unfortunately - best chance to stay is Brimah IMO
7. True
8. True
9. False - Just under
10. True - DHam, or maybe Brimah does it with blocks Thabeet style

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year). True

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year). False. Don't see Brimah doing it again.

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45). True.

4) Captains are Brimah and Purvis. True. Who else would it be?

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year). True. With a good rebounder on board (Miller) he'll be free to contest more shots.

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. True.

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs. True. Way overdue.

8) UCONN works their way into the AP top 10 at some point this season. I believe true.

9) Jalen will average 10ppg. False, but he'll play well and he'll be close. 8-9 ppg range.

10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely?). True. Most likely is Brimah (points, rebounds, blocks) or Hamilton. (points, assists, rebounds)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Nice set of things to consider.

1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year). False. He was the star with no one else last season. Won't be needed this season.

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year). False. First three probable. Brimah is possible. Miller no.

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45). True. Team better constructed than last season and spacing should be better. Hopefully DHam has taken billions and billions of threes over the summer.

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year). True. With Miller Brimah won't be as pressured to get rebounds.

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. I'll go with True. Dham and Purvis most likely. Hoping for big improvement from Brimah and team goes far tournament time that all three declare.

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs. True, but it won't be easy. The AAC will be one of the better conferences at least among the top teams.

8) UCONN works their way into the AP top 10 at some point this season. True.

9) Jalen will average 10ppg. False. But should average close to 8 ppg.

10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely?). True. DHam with scoring, rebounding and assists.

Reaction Score
1. true
2. false
3. true
4. true (hopefully with the addition of Nolan)
5. true
6. false
7. true
8. true
9. false
10. true, DHam, Miller, or Brimah

Reaction Score
Nice set of things to consider.

1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year). False. He was the star with no one else last season. Won't be needed this season.

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year). False. First three probable. Brimah is possible. Miller no.

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45). True. Team better constructed than last season and spacing should be better. Hopefully DHam has taken billions and billions of threes over the summer.

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year). True. With Miller Brimah won't be as pressured to get rebounds.

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. I'll go with True. Dham and Purvis most likely. Hoping for big improvement from Brimah and team goes far tournament time that all three declare.

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs. True, but it won't be easy. The AAC will be one of the better conferences at least among the top teams.

9) Jalen will average 10ppg. False. But should average close to 8 ppg.

10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely?). True. DHam with scoring, rebounding and assists.

Fleudslipcon stole my answers.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year). True, Brimah is going to be focusing on blocks so Miller will have room to work.

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year). I'm going to go with no. Unlikely to have production spread that much. It would be awesome if true though.

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45). I think so. We have the talent and defenses are going to have to pick their poison likely leaving people with open threes.

4) Captains are Brimah and Purvis. No. I'll go with Purvis/Gibbs. Just a hunch that the new guy is already making his mark and earning respect. Maybe Brimah keeps the title, but maybe not.

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year). That's really tough to do. I'll say no, though it will be close. He'll have plenty of altered shots, for sure.

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. I want to say yes because it will mean that we another national championship under out belts but I'll say no for mojo purposes.

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs. I reject the notion of "birth right' being connected to this nightmare of a league, notwithstanding that it won it plenty of times before we sold the name the Big East, but I'll go with yes.

8) UCONN works their way into the AP top 10 at some point this season. Absolutely, but we're doomed.

9) Jalen will average 10ppg. No, hell be sharing his minutes and he's in a target rich environment for assists.

10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely?). No, too much talent to leave someone in long enough in a blow out. Jalen could do it if he had the minutes.

Reaction Score
1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year). True. I think we want to run the floor in transition a lot this year, and Miller will be the guy relied on to get a lot of the rebounds and push it up court fast. I think he's capable, and there will be many rebound opportunities with the way Brimah will alter shots (plus and overall solid defense).

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year). False. Too many mouths to feed to spread those kind of points around. I think the first 3 have a legit chance, but only our primary scorers are likely to reach that 25 point mark.

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45). Made 3's? True. More shooters, floor spread, should be more open 3's instead of contested 3's = makes.

4) Captains are Brimah and Purvis. True. Brimah stays as captain, Purvis seems like he wants to be the lead guy and will take it. I wouldn't be surprised, however, if KO takes an unconventional route at captains this year since there are so many older players.

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year). True. Gut feeling.

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. False. I just don't see it happening, I think 1 stays. Or they all declare and one uses that new option where they can test the waters at the combine, get feedback, maybe decide to play another year.

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs. True.

9) Jalen will average 10ppg. False. I think just shy of this, but he has some flashes of true brilliance and has some huge games. Freshman on a crowded team. I'd be thrilled if he does, though.

10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely? DHam baby! Boards, buckets and lobs to Brimah.

Reaction Score
6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. False. I just don't see it happening, I think 1 stays. Or they all declare and one uses that new option where they can test the waters at the combine, get feedback, maybe decide to play another year.

I didn't realize that was a new rule. I like it. It let's players get a feel for how much interest teams have in them before making a completely life altering decision.

Reaction Score
1. False. I feel Shonn will have maybe 4 or 5. I see him averaging around 8 ppg. with 7 rpg.

2. False. If it was the 20 point mark, I might say true. Anyone of them could score 20 on a given night. Throw in JA as well.

9. False. I feel he will be in the 7-9 ppg. range. I think this team will have very balanced scoring.

Reaction Score
I didn't realize that was a new rule. I like it. It let's players get a feel for how much interest teams have in them before making a completely life altering decision.

This is a great new rule I completely forgot about. It could have been pivotal to DD staying one more year as well, if it existed. But in regards to players this year...It could result in Rodney hearing bad news and coming back for grad school? and Brimah hearing the harsh truth about strength as a center in the NBA. I really see DHAM as the only player that is a "guarantee" to the league after this year.

That being said....I really hope we shine bright this year and they are all lottery picks.
Opens up more room for KO to get new recruits too :cool:

Reaction Score

1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year) , at least 10, in points and minutes played. ;)
2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year) in league play.:rolleyes:
3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45) and it feels great and it takes us back and it feels great. :cool:
4) Captains are Brimah and Purvis who will help polish new the gems.:)
5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year) is too much of a leap to think possible.:rolleyes:
6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season but are too tall for the Air Force.:p
7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs and are reborn for the 30th time.:D
8) UCONN works their way into the AP top 10 at some point this season and it's due to our great run in Feb-Mar.:cool:
9) Jalen will average 10ppg in practice but in games we'll take 7.:)
10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely?) for the Houston Rockets but if DHam is doin' that it's gonna be powder keg explosive around here!:D:D:D

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Barring injury, true.

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year
False. Miller won't, and I'm not sure about Brimah, either.

True. By at least two.

True -- can't see KO taking it away from Brimah, and Purvis seems to be the most natural vocal leader on the squad.

Close, but in the end, False.

False. I'm thinking Brimah wants the full college experience, and unless he does so spectacular this year as to make him a no-brainer lottery pick, he opts to come back. I wouldn't be surprised to see DHam stick around, too. Just like choosing us over UCLA, he isn't opposed to taking the unexpected course of action.

True

True

True. I wouldn't be surprised with 10.8 and 4-plus dimes.

I'm going with false. I'm hoping that there's just too much balance on this team scoring-wise, and that before we're too far into the season, the PG duties will be too evenly split for either to come up with 10 dimes in a game.

Reaction Score

1 and 2 no, Miller is the limiting factor, not for any kind of ineptitude, but because of the team he is playing on this year, he sinply won't need to produce those numbers.

3 yes because we get Gibbs abd because I really want Omar and SCII to contribute a couple a game

4 tough because this is not a pure numbers/speculative margin and KO will pick as he sees fit. You wsnt to see those two vets do it, but you'd almost feel awkward not naming Gibbs a captain considering his experience and position as lead guard.

5) I think he stays right at 4.

6) This had been mostly my exclusive opinion but I believe Brimah stays for 4 regardless of performance this year. And I dunno, given the team big picture, DHam gets to stand out enough to make a serious draft run (Purvis slightly less so for the same reasons)

7) I do like that

8) Very possible

9) Toughest to call because it purely depends on his mpg as provided by KO, which is one of the bigger debate points we can/have been arguing over. We know the kid is a stud; will he stand out enough to gain enough minutes to have that kindnof input

10) yes and I think the only realistic candidate is DHam

Reaction Score
1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year). False. id say around 7. Think he averages 11 and 8

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year). False. First 3 probably, Brimah maybe

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45). Easily

4) Captains are Brimah and Purvis. True, and maybe Nolan

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year). Gonna go out on a limb and say true. i guess 4.3

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. True

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs. On the fence here. i think SMU will be very good but ill say True

8) UCONN works their way into the AP top 10 at some point this season. Wanna say true but the conference will be tough to overcome if we don't finish our OOC with 2 or fewer losses

9) Jalen will average 10ppg. True, saw him at Brewster, one of the most dynamic incoming freshman we've had

10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely?). True. I think DHam and Brimah get at least 1

Reaction Score

1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year). Will be tough for him with DHam and hopefully an improved AB rebounding the ball. False but close

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year). False, again tough for Miller and just don't think with all the scorers a Coppin St game will happen for AB

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45). TRUE no doubter

4) Captains are Brimah and Purvis. Don't care

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year). False - about the same tough to get to 4

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. False - Purvis may leave due to graduation and DHam with a huge year may go, no AB yet if smart

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs. TRUE, will he a really good team by conference play

8) UCONN works their way into the AP top 10 at some point this season. TRUE

9) Jalen will average 10ppg. False - may have a 25 point game but will be 8-9 range because of all the scorers

False

Reaction Score

1. False I'm probably not as high on Miller as some.

2. False Again, Miller isn't going to be taking enough shots to score 25

3. True, more perimeter options

4. True, both high energy vocal players

5. False With better perimeter defense, Brimah will stay home more and that is a good thing

6. False Purvis stays

7. True, anything else would be an upset

8. True but would prefer working its way to the FF.

9. True and by the last part of the season could be getting more PT than Gibbs

10. False would probably have to be a guard and just don't see it.
Great job by the staff filling holes this year. Now we have to see how well they play together. This season could be 2 seasons : the first early in the year as they struggle a bit with so many new faces and the second latter in the season as they jell and players settle into their roles.

Reaction Score
I don't think he'll be on the court enough. Probably 7-8, but we will all love him for his dirty work.

No, Brimah and Miller will never get there. Brimah was a total fluke. Miller will never get the shots.

Yes. DHam will improve, Gibbs is a dead-eye, many other shooters.

Purvis won't be captain.

No. Foul Trouble again stops this quest.

I don't think any of them will. But, the one who has a chance is DHam. If he can demonstrate handle/vision/shooting, he could shoot into the late lottery.

Yep. Due to our struggles last year with a 5'10 guard centric team, people are underestimating this group big-time. We might not lose more than a handful of games.

Yes, Early.

I think he lands in Kemba-zone: 8-9.9 pts. So I'll say under.

DHam, by far. Yes he will.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
1. No
2. No
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes
6. No
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. Yes
10. No - but if it does happen, It'll be either Brimah or Hamilton

Reaction Score
1) Shonn Miller will have 10 double doubles this season (had 11 last year). - Yes. He'll have more chances this year because Ivies don't have a tournament, and Cornell didn't go to the NIT. He'll probably play 6-7 more games this season, and should play at least as big a role as a rebounder.

2) Gibbs, Purvis, DHam, Miller and Brimah will each have a 25+ pt game (all did at least once last year). - No. I don't think Miller will get enough looks for a 25 point game.

3) The team averages more 3's per game than last year (6.45). - Gibbs is a better long-range shooter than Boatright was, and it stands to reason that Hamilton and Purvis will improve. Yes.

4) Captains are Brimah and Purvis. - Yes.

5) Brimah averages over 4 blocks per game (3.5 last year). - Yes. Will probably stay on the floor more, and with Miller out there, he'll have more chances to freelance.

6) Purvis, Brimah, and DHam all declare for the draft after this season. - I think all except Brimah.

7) UCONN will finally claim their birthright and become AAC regular season champs. - Yes.

8) UCONN works their way into the AP top 10 at some point this season. - Yes. Maybe even top 5.

9) Jalen will average 10ppg. - I think he comes close, but ultimately there are too many scorers in front of him.

10) Someone will have a triple double (who do you think is most likely?). - Probably not, but if someone does, my guess is Hamilton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom