10 Players to Watch - FIBA U17 Women's World Cup games start next Saturday | Page 3 | The Boneyard

10 Players to Watch - FIBA U17 Women's World Cup games start next Saturday

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The only suspense in the US/Egypt game will be watching to see if the US coach runs full court pressure the entire game trying to get to 200 pts.
It's obviously distressing to see a coach so insistent on an full court press defense for such a long part of the game. This has not always been the case. In 2018, Carla Berube coached the U.S. U17 team to a 52-point victory in the final without resorting to this defense. This year's U17 team has so much to offer, though, and I'd love to see more of her immensely talented players. You can watch the final game of 2018 on the front page of this thread. A chance to see Paige and Azzi.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reaction Score
It's obviously distressing to see a coach so insistent on an full court press defense for such a long part of the game. This has not always been the case. In 2018, Carla Berube coached the U.S. U17 team to a 52-point victory in the final without resorting to this defense. This year's U17 team has so much to offer, though, and I'd love to see more of her immensely talented players. You can watch the final game of 2018 on the front page of this thread. A chance to see Paige and Azzi.

I agree, it's classless. The Indiana coach, Moren, did the same thing in the recent U18 Americup. Humiliated 5 undeveloped teams in a row before finally playing a competitive Canada in the final. She even had starters playing in the 4th qtr with 60-70 point leads. And then yuck it up and dance in front of the opponents on the floor at the end of the game. Maybe USABB calls it their scorched earth policy, a great image to project.

Reaction Score
I agree, it's classless. The Indiana coach, Moren, did the same thing in the recent U18 Americup. Humiliated 5 undeveloped teams in a row before finally playing a competitive Canada in the final. She even had starters playing in the 4th qtr with 60-70 point leads. And then yuck it up and dance in front of the opponents on the floor at the end of the game. Maybe USABB calls it their scorched earth policy, a great image to project.
Is it me or was this very different from how Moren coaches her Indiana team? Found that to be very unusual when I watched FIBA Americas.

Reaction Score
Is it me or was this very different from how Moren coaches her Indiana team? Found that to be very unusual when I watched FIBA Americas.
Not sure. It could be 1) Her preferred style/strategy that she's not able to use at Indiana because she never has such an overwhelming advantage in talent and or size. Or 2) She's willing to do it to satisfy a uniform style/strategy dictated by USAWBB management. Either way it's still classless.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Huge rebound game for Makeer today. Prawl so-so.

The stats are deceptive from what I watched today. Yes Makeer bounced back, but her fouls and turnovers should be noted. Four fouls, included an offensive call where she should have known better. A couple defensive calls where she was way more aggressive than necessary. That will need to be cleaned up going into the quarters.

Haven't been impressed with Prawl either. Not sure if her time at IMG has really helped her improve her game. Like Makeer, she had bad turnovers and a bad offensive foul.

The final score is deceptive as well. Canada got sloppy during the second and third quarter, including a scoring drought of almost 8 minutes during the third quarter. They need to step it up if they want to make it back to the medal round.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Olivia Vukosa fouled out against France fairly early and it cost Croatia.

She still ended up with 20 points, 12 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 blocks.

Reaction Score
Brackets - Tournament Players Leaders

Reaction Score
Today is a day off at the WWC U17. Tomorrow the quarter-finals begin. The USA, Canada and Australia will now play their last 3 matches in Leon, which is about 40 miles from Irapuato where they played their first 4 matches. For Croatia, who suffered a heartbreaking defeat yesterday, the team will stay in Irapuato for their last three matches, determining positions 9 to 16. Yesterday Olivia was having a very strong game, with a 29 Efficiency statistic when she had to leave on a 5th foul with just under 8 minutes left in the game, with Croatia ahead by 1 at the time.

Reaction Score
Today is a day off at the WWC U17. Tomorrow the quarter-finals begin. The USA, Canada and Australia will now play their last 3 matches in Leon, which is about 40 miles from Irapuato where they played their first 4 matches. For Croatia, who suffered a heartbreaking defeat yesterday, the team will stay in Irapuato for their last three matches, determining positions 9 to 16. Yesterday Olivia was having a very strong game, with a 29 Efficiency statistic when she had to leave on a 5th foul with just under 8 minutes left in the game, with Croatia ahead by 1 at the time.

Croatia - Bracket Class. 9-12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom