10 Players to Watch - FIBA U17 Women's World Cup games start next Saturday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

10 Players to Watch - FIBA U17 Women's World Cup games start next Saturday

Reaction Score

Robinson and Makeer make the all-star team for the tournament. Well deserved. Whoever both of these players pick to play for, those teams will get explosive, high energy players.

A tad disappointed in Makeer during the gold medal game. More for the lack of awareness (at least two 8 second calls) and her demeanour towards the end of the game. I get the frustration but I think it took her out of the game mentally.

Watching Robinson bounce back from a bad first half was amazing. Maybe it's because I watch a lot of NFL, but she made me think of Patrick Mahomes in some ways. Some of the shots she can make and her shiftiness on the court was something to behold as this was the first time I've been able to see her play.

Reaction Score
Bravo Fabienne! Fabienne Perrin-Blizzard is a 55-year-old native of Brooklyn, NY. She and her husband Carlos have two children, aged 26 and 24. She was raised in Sorel (50 miles northeast of Montreal) in the province of Quebec, where she attended elementary and high school in French. Her university studies were completed in English at the University of Ottawa, where she has lived ever since.

Reaction Score
Bravo Fabienne! Fabienne Perrin-Blizzard is a 55-year-old native of Brooklyn, NY. She and her husband Carlos have two children, aged 26 and 24. She was raised in Sorel (50 miles northeast of Montreal) in the province of Quebec, where she attended elementary and high school in French. Her university studies were completed in English at the University of Ottawa, where she has lived ever since.

So happy for her, as she's been involved with Ontario and Canada Basketball for a long time. She has an impressive resume for someone who doesn't coach full time. Been a fan of her since meeting her during coaching clinics when I used to be a volunteer coach with Ontario Basketball.

Reaction Score
Another attempt for USA Gold Medal - Statistics Players Leaders

Reaction Score
First all-star team

I'm not sure what to make of the selection of Spain's great athletic player Sara Okeke on the first all-star team. Her first 5 games were excellent, she even had a quarter-final against Ausralie with 28 pts, 10 reb and a fantastic Efficiency statistic of 33.0. But just when it mattered most, she completely collapsed. In the semi-finals, she had a game of just 4 pts, 4 reb and a meagre 4.0 Efficiency, against Canada. She had the chance to bounce back in the bronze-medal match, which her country went on to win, but she couldn't, with just 2 pts, 1 reb and a disastrous -6.0 Efficiency. I understand that Spain won the bronze medal, as she is without doubt the best player in her team and a very talented athlete. FIBA is making an effort to be as fair as possible in its choices, but I'm not sure what message it's sending. It would have been easy to swap with teammate Ines Garcia Monje, who was named to the second all-star team.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reaction Score

I'm not sure what to make of the selection of Spain's great athletic player Sara Okeke on the first all-star team. Her first 5 games were excellent, she even had a quarter-final against Ausralie with 28 pts, 10 reb and a fantastic Efficiency statistic of 33.0. But just when it mattered most, she completely collapsed. In the semi-finals, she had a game of just 4 pts, 4 reb and a meagre 4.0 Efficiency, against Canada. She had the chance to bounce back in the bronze-medal match, which her country went on to win, but she couldn't, with just 2 pts, 1 reb and a disastrous -6.0 Efficiency. I understand that Spain won the bronze medal, as she is without doubt the best player in her team and a very talented athlete. FIBA is making an effort to be as fair as possible in its choices, but I'm not sure what message it's sending. It would have been easy to swap with teammate Ines Garcia Monje, who was named to the second all-star team.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I recall hearing through someone that coaches have a vote for the all-stars. Not sure if the awards are solely made by FIBA like they used to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom