10 best NCAA Basketball schools to obsess over | The Boneyard

10 best NCAA Basketball schools to obsess over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I dig it. Can't really argue any of the teams put ahead of us.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No Florida or Arizona?

Would've had both of them in over UCLA and Indiana if we're talking present tense.

Reaction Score
why we are not in a p5 conference yet still puzzles me

Reaction Score
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/college-basketballs-10-best-programs.html/?ref=low-mo

Not sure if link is working but I know some will be upset over #5 being ahead of #6
This is why I wanted Michigan to win the title last year. 3>2 , although their Final Fours are more numerous. It was an argument, especially since their last title was decades ago.

But, once they equalled our titles--and won titles 30 years apart--they passed us. Their in the same tier of schools: behind UNC, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, UCLA, Indiana, and with us, Michigan State, Florida, Syracuse, and Arizona. But in any list, they are the next school. So I can't be upset with this list, especially since they have us ahead IU and UCLA (both of which are pretty far from their last titles).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
florida is only a recent phenom but I would replace cuse with michigan

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
tzznandrew said:
This is why I wanted Michigan to win the title last year. 3>2 , although their Final Fours are more numerous. It was an argument, especially since their last title was decades ago. But, once they equalled our titles--and won titles 30 years apart--they passed us. Their in the same tier of schools: behind UNC, Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, UCLA, Indiana, and with us, Michigan State, Florida, Syracuse, and Arizona. But in any list, they are the next school. So I can't be upset with this list, especially since they have us ahead IU and UCLA (both of which are pretty far from their last titles).

Agree with your list, but just came in to say. LOL Syracuse. They belong on the underachievement list.

Reaction Score
florida is only a recent phenom but I would replace cuse with michigan
Eh. Michigan and Cuse have the same number of titles.

And how is Florida that much more recent than us? I mean, they have a 1996 Final Four, which is before our first.

We're clearly ahead of them as a program, and our roots go back further than theirs, but what they've accomplished can't really be denied.

Reaction Score
Clearly they didn't speak to Payday prior to printing this…….No Cincy? That's BS right payday?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Eh. Michigan and Cuse have the same number of titles.

And how is Florida that much more recent than us? I mean, they have a 1996 Final Four, which is before our first.

We're clearly ahead of them as a program, and our roots go back further than theirs, but what they've accomplished can't really be denied.

didn't say they should be denied, just feel UConn and umchgn has been formidable for a bit longer

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I don't think Kansas or 'Ville should be ahead of us

Reaction Score
why we are not in a p5 conference yet still puzzles me

Because of this thing:

Am-football.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't think Kansas or 'Ville should be ahead of us
They each have as many championships, and more Final Fours. And each won titles long before UConn was truly relevant on the national level.

Louisville, okay, we can debate. Their pretty close.

Kansas? I mean, there really can't be much of a debate there.

Reaction Score
I saw this quote in the article : "Despite maybe being a little out of control, there’s a strong, one-of-a-kind fan base at the university."

They could not possibly be talking about our brethren here at the Boneyard?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They each have as many championships, and more Final Fours. And each won titles long before UConn was truly relevant on the national level.

Agreed. Kansas is second all time in wins to Kentucky. It's one of four schools with a lifetime win % over .700.

This is a pretty good list. You can make arguments for Arizona and Florida, who would round out the top 12. It isn't just titles, it's wins, history, fanbase etc. That's probably why Louisville is #5 and Syracuse is on the list ahead of Arizona and Florida. Syracuse is #5 all time in wins, so it's hard to keep them off of the list. Florida isn't top 50. Indiana definitely belongs on the list, as does UCLA, despite recent struggles. If I had to bump a school from the list, it would be Michigan State. Only 2 titles, fewer wins than anybody else on the list.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
It was 1994, but everyone knows that one doesn't count because (1) it was before Billy Donovan got there and (2) they beat Boston College to make it. I mean, come on.

Reaction Score
It was 1994, but everyone knows that one doesn't count because (1) it was before Billy Donovan got there and (2) they beat Boston College to make it. I mean, come on.
Right. Thanks. Getting them mixed up with the other SEC team that took a FF from us, Mississippi State.

Reaction Score
Guys top 10 is great. Only school in New England, including NYC area and North and East of Washington DC ( cuse). Its all subjective anyway and interchangeable. Recruits (if it matters) will be happy and proud to get an offer from any school on this list. So much so its instant bragging rights, at summer camps!

We are UConn dammit!

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

I just think Kansas gets way too much respect without much in the way of recent championships.
Also, by your rationale, wouldn't UCLA be #1?. I guess championships won 40-50 years ago make me respect a program but not "obsess" over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom