#1 Stanford @ Colorado - 1/17/21 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

#1 Stanford @ Colorado - 1/17/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Shocking Score. I could have seen Arizona or maybe UCLA beating Stanford, but not Colorado. Colorado has a losing conference record. Guess that makes Louisville the #1 Team in this weeks poll. NC State might get more First Place Votes, but Louisville probably gets the majority.

With the polls being shaken up this week, will UConn continue to hold on to 4th and 5th place. Team hasn't played recently and with their strength of schedule, voters might decide to drop UConn. Primarily due to Stanford's strength of schedule, I would keep them above UConn despite today's loss.
UConn should be ranked above them.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Jones had a bad game (6 turnovers, I believe), but that happens. I think the major problem today, and in too many other games as well, was Kiana Williams. I know she's made some big shots in the past, but, to me, she's never really lived up to her billing and disappears all too often (3-11, 1 rebound, and 0 assists). That's not what the team needs from its top guard and the player who is supposed to be (should be) its senior leader (and so have taken the last shot). If she had something of L. Hull's mentality, the team would, in my view, be much better off.
Yeah, compare to Anna Wilson. Only 4 points but only took 5 shots, 4 assists, 10 rebounds, 2 steals. Nearly won the game w/ her D at the end.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Shocking Score. I could have seen Arizona or maybe UCLA beating Stanford, but not Colorado. Colorado has a losing conference record. Guess that makes Louisville the #1 Team in this weeks poll. NC State might get more First Place Votes, but Louisville probably gets the majority.

With the polls being shaken up this week, will UConn continue to hold on to 4th and 5th place. Team hasn't played recently and with their strength of schedule, voters might decide to drop UConn. Primarily due to Stanford's strength of schedule, I would keep them above UConn despite today's loss.
I think UCONN will jump NC State. "What have you done lately"? With NC State being off for a couple of weeks, the voters will have no reason to move NC State up.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The air is thin at the top, and also in Boulder. CO is always a tough out away because they scout so well on D, and there just isn't time to adjust to altitude. Have to be composed and give maximal effort. We had neither. A recipe for being a sitting duck. Congrats to CO and Hollingshead. Pretty clear who wanted this game more.

And yes, Williams - sheesh. It's your senior season and you came in a pre-season All-American candidate. To quote a former president, where's the swift urgency of now?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
The air is thin at the top, and also in Boulder.
there just isn't time to adjust to altitude.
I see discussions about playing at elevation all the time. I'm a bit skeptical. I've done a bunch of hiking over the years, but am a flatlander. 5000' range just is not that high. Most of the time I don't notice anything at all. Well conditioned athletes should have a strong cardiovascular system that somewhat negates whatever effects of elevation there are.

Reaction Score
I see discussions about playing at elevation all the time. I'm a bit skeptical. I've done a bunch of hiking over the years, but am a flatlander. 5000' range just is not that high. Most of the time I don't notice anything at all. Well conditioned athletes should have a strong cardiovascular system that somewhat negates whatever effects of elevation there are.
I live in low mountains above Boulder at 6500 feet. All this talk about thin air is mostly silly. We use it to psyche out the incoming teams. It does make a difference in temperature. With the sun out, 45 degrees feels more like 60. Once the sun goes down, it feels like 45.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN will jump NC State. "What have you done lately"? With NC State being off for a couple of weeks, the voters will have no reason to move NC State up.
Uconn has only played 1 game in last 2 weeks so not a huge disparity.

Reaction Score

Colorado thoroughly outplayed Arizona in every aspect but free throw shooting, missing 11. Last year Stanford needed a miracle a game to keep from losing both to Colorado. Myra is an AA caliber player and Frida will set three point shooting records in the next four years.

Reaction Score
NO WAY! Stanford a team loaded with veterans losing to Colorado. Truly a weird year in the pac-12. Never thought I would see a Scott Rueck OSU team at the bottom third of the conference either. And then there is a WSU team doing better than expected.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
wow.... i miss out on watching wcbb for one day... and all heck breaks loose :eek:

SimpsonTreeApril11.jpg

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I live in low mountains above Boulder at 6500 feet. All this talk about thin air is mostly silly. We use it to psyche out the incoming teams. It does make a difference in temperature. With the sun out, 45 degrees feels more like 60. Once the sun goes down, it feels like 45.
I do believe it's real when it comes to volleyball. Hits tend to sail a bit further than expected.

Reaction Score
This loss gives # to LV I’ve always thought they were the best team but the covid stoppages made me question . This def helps UCONN just hope Tennessee doesn’t come to play like they did today on Thursday

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Colorado thoroughly outplayed Arizona in every aspect but free throw shooting, missing 11. Last year Stanford needed a miracle a game to keep from losing both to Colorado. Myra is an AA caliber player and Frida will set three point shooting records in the next four years.
Whoa, slow down there skippy. Mya (not Myra) is a senior averaging 15.1 points and 8.4 rebounds a game, not exactly stellar stats for a candidate on a team that is not going to make the NCAAT unless a miraculous turnaround happens. Frida's 36.5% on 63 shot attempts this year is woefully short of any record breaking performance, unless you are referring to Colorado Buff records.
Jeesh, one good win and some fans are drunk with exuberance.
drunk on one GIF

Reaction Score
Whoa, slow down there skippy. Mya (not Myra) is a senior averaging 15.1 points and 8.4 rebounds a game, not exactly stellar stats for a candidate on a team that is not going to make the NCAAT unless a miraculous turnaround happens. Frida's 36.5% on 63 shot attempts this year is woefully short of any record breaking performance, unless you are referring to Colorado Buff records.
Jeesh, one good win and some fans are drunk with exuberance.
drunk on one GIF
Frida just went through a terrible slump, 1 for 20 from 3 after an excellent start, now back on track after two great shooting performances. What you saw today was the real deal, one miss from three, against Cal 5 of 6 from 3. Forget the %, it ranks with 0 for America in significance. I am talking about what we can expect over four years. Mya leads PAC-12 in double doubles. She put up those stats today against the No. 1 team in the country. She routinely plays against far better competition than most better known players.

Reaction Score

They have the best win of the season and are undefeated. That's more cred than anyone else.

Reaction Score
They have the best win of the season and are undefeated. That's more cred than anyone else.
I would also consider NC State’s dub at SC the best win of the season. Colorado over Stanford today is second for me.

Reaction Score
We use the rain in Oregon to psyche out visiting teams too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom