#1 rated 2021 recruit, 7'-1" Chet Holmgren just chose.... | The Boneyard

#1 rated 2021 recruit, 7'-1" Chet Holmgren just chose....

Reaction Score
I'd love to see this starting lineup:

5: Timme - 6'10 235
4: Watson - 6'8 225
3: Chet - 7'0 190
2: Sallis - 6'5 175
1: Nembhard - 6'5 193

With his thin frame and ability to shoot from deep, that'd be a really fun lineup.

I've watched two of Holmgren's games on ESPN and he's a total treat. Legit PG handle at 7'0.

Gonzaga will be a blast to watch this upcoming year.

Reaction Score
Hot take alert - and I'll come back and eat this if I'm wrong - but this kid is going to have a completely underwhelming year at Gonzaga.

He'll feast on the conference opponents but be awful if they play any big games throughout the year. He's what 195 soaking wet? Teams that can be physical with him will cause him issues.

Reaction Score
Hot take alert - and I'll come back and eat this if I'm wrong - but this kid is going to have a completely underwhelming year at Gonzaga.
i kind of agree. it just seems like he is too thin. i know that people will counter with kevin durant, but durant has a completely different frame and, besides that fact, is a complete unicorn.

i feel similarly about emoni bates, too...

Reaction Score
i kind of agree. it just seems like he is too thin. i know that people will counter with kevin durant, but durant has a completely different frame and, besides that fact, is a complete unicorn.

i feel similarly about emoni bates, too...

I actually think Bates is gonna be great but I'll be surprised if he ever plays for MSU.

Granted, I haven't watched a ton of Holmgren, but the kid is like 7-2 and weighs 45 pounds. Sure, he's Olajuwon compared to most 7 foot plus kids (e.g. Craig Forth) but the idea of him playing on the wing or handling the ball against 6-4 guards on a congested college court seems ridiculous to me. He's not that skilled.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

So let me get this straight, this kid will be underwhelming he is the #1 pick but some top 50 player Donovan Clingan is going to be dominate if he comes to UConn? Man this place is hilarious.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight, this kid will be underwhelming he is the #1 pick but some top 50 player DC is going to be dominate if he comes to UConn? Man this place is hilarious.

I have no idea who the second person is you're talking about so I'll just assume you replied to my post by accident.

Reaction Score
Timme got eaten alive by Baylor. He needs to work on his body - he has 0 arm definition

Reaction Score
Incredibly skilled and has great length. Played against top competition. But yeah, 7' and 190? Just from his videos, his skill set reminds me of Stephen Zimmerman.

Reaction Score
Get u r condiments ready, u r eating this one. Is that prediction based on how frail he looks, have u seen him play??
Super well rounded talent

Reaction Score
I appreciate your bold take, but keep in mind the Zags play in the WCC. The conference is getting better as a whole, but it's still an inferior conference to the P5s, Big East, even arguably the AAC or A-10.

Bottom line, I'm lined up to watch quite a few Gonzaga games this year.

Reaction Score
Bill Paxton chet GIF

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom