# 1 in Power Rankings and Clingan Player of the Week | The Boneyard

# 1 in Power Rankings and Clingan Player of the Week

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
"Since moving back into UConn's starting lineup three games ago, Jackson is averaging 9.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 5.7 assists -- and hasn't committed a single turnover."

Sure would be fun to go big with Adama and Clingan on the floor with Andre running point.

Reaction Score
"Since moving back into UConn's starting lineup three games ago, Jackson is averaging 9.0 points, 6.0 rebounds, 5.7 assists -- and hasn't committed a single turnover."

Sure would be fun to go big with Adama and Clingan on the floor with Andre running point.
No thanks leave the rotation the way it is now, it seems to be working pretty well. Having the BEPOY wear our opponent down for 10 minutes and then have him take a rest and bring in a 7'2" monster Freshman that has been almost unstoppable seems like a good formula to me...our opponents get no break

Reaction Score
How do you practice to defend Adana and then practice to defend Clingan. Two completely different players with different strengths. I can’t think of any teams that can defend both of them. So if you defend one then the other one will beat you. A lot of teams can’t defend either one.

Reaction Score
1670877512675.jpeg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No thanks leave the rotation the way it is now, it seems to be working pretty well. Having the BEPOY wear our opponent down for 10 minutes and then have him take a rest and bring in a 7'2" monster Freshman that has been almost unstoppable seems like a good formula to me...our opponents get no break
I wouldn’t make it a staple but we did have Donovan and Adama in at the same time and occasionally employing it would cause opposing coaches to game plan that option.

Things have changed but Boone tap to Emeka makes me think that tournament time the option could be of value.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t make it a staple but we did have Donovan and Adama in at the same time and occasionally employing it would cause opposing coaches to game plan that option.

Things have changed but Boone tap to Emeka makes me think that tournament time the option could be of value.
Get Samson back healthy, then use sparingly.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I think maybe when Samson is back, we get more creative with bigs... Although Springs limited minutes haven't looked that bad.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Get Samson back healthy, then use sparingly.
It’s going to take a while for Samson to get back in game shape and get rust out.

But I understand where you’re coming from. Need to be careful with the ten fouls because of his absence. My thinking is to employ the combo of Adama and Donovan near end of games when the outcome is obvious and the players don’t have many fouls.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

But we play 4 out now. Both AS and DC are thriving in the space afforded to them by 4 out. As are our shooters, but by all means lets play a twin tower lineup because a bunch of message board yahoos who never post here regularly continue to come here and dont understand why they dont play 40 together.

Dont feed the pigeons, fleud. They crap all over your lawn chairs

ctchamps

Reaction Score
But we play 4 out now.
Put any duo combo of Joey California (don’t know why we just don’t call him JC in homage to a former coach), Hawkeye or the Caravan and we still can spread the court plus provide some decent coverage for JC’s defensive shortcomings.

On a different note biopsies came back clean except for one isolated low score cancer that by itself we would just ignore.

It pleasantly surprised my urologist based on my PSA level. But by way of completeness we’re setting up an MRI to be certain that the biopsies didn’t miss anything.

Reaction Score
But we play 4 out now. Both AS and DC are thriving in the space afforded to them by 4 out. As are our shooters, but by all means lets play a twin tower lineup because a bunch of message board yahoos who never post here regularly continue to come here and dont understand why they dont play 40 together.

Dont feed the pigeons, fleud. They crap all over your lawn chairs
Not to mention what it would do to our defense having Adama chase around some smaller players.

Reaction Score
Put any duo combo of Joey California (don’t know why we just don’t call him JC in homage to a former coach), Hawkeye or the Caravan and we still can spread the court plus provide some decent coverage for JC’s defensive shortcomings.
So is Karaban or Sanogo guarding the opposing team's 3? Either way, not a great idea.

Reaction Score
Yeah I concede. Remove Karaban.
So now you have the offensive trio of Jackson-Sanogo-Donovan. Seems, um, not ideal for spacing. Or you've removed Jackson—our best perimeter defender and best creator.

It's just not a good idea. It gives up too much for very little gain. A team playing Sanogo and Clingan is easier to plan for, and increases the chances of one or both getting in foul trouble.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
So now you have the offensive trio of Jackson-Sanogo-Donovan. Seems, um, not ideal for spacing. Or you've removed Jackson—our best perimeter defender and best creator.

It's just not a good idea. It gives up too much for very little gain. A team playing Sanogo and Clingan is easier to plan for, and increases the chances of one or both getting in foul trouble.
Chances are we will be playing a team like Alabama in the tournament. If the game is close towards the end and fouls are not an issue I feel this is the exact lineup that might be necessary. But in almost every other situation you and pigeon hater are correct. It would be nice in a blowout to practice it.

Reaction Score
Pigeons only understand offense

Watch Arizona with their 2 bigs very effective. But the difference is Kubelis can play some D while Ballo is like Clingan/Sanogo. A little zone never hurt and if for some reason we aren’t making 3s then force it down some throats and create mismatches. Not a focus but an option, actually very surprised they didn’t try it a little in the right games.

But we’re fine for now, no need!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom