#1 and #2 Seed Discussion | Page 3 | The Boneyard

#1 and #2 Seed Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Auburn is ahead of Tennessee for a #2 seed from the SEC. I'd put Iowa State as the last 1 seed but I could see Auburn, UNC, or Arizona.
Auburn only has 3 Q1 wins. Their predictive stuff is great but their resume stuff isn't better than Tennessee's.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, if they take Marquette's 2 seed.

Reaction Score
I know. I believe that's bad. I meant to add a "should" in it that I've gone back and added.
gotcha. i think there can be SOME mix....like the #5 seed shouldn't get totally hosed, but I think it swings too heavily to geo over balance.

Reaction Score
we shouldnt be matched up with either we should get #8 and if that's marquette we should get #7. we shouldnt get #5 or #6 b/c zona gets to play in the west that would be utter B S
It's not just Arizona, they give geography preference for 1s and 2s.

UNC will get East, Tenn South, Marq MW, and Zona West.

I agree it should be a true S curve, but its not.

Also, our 2 seed is the last of my worries, takes a lot for that matchup to happen. I care much more about the 8,9, 4, 5, 12, and 13.

Reaction Score
they prioritize location over the S curve for the top 2 seeds.
does anyone truly believe we'd get to play in the east if we were a #2 seed? look what happened in 04 when we were a 2. shipped out west per usual.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
does anyone truly believe we'd get to play in the east if we were a #2 seed? look what happened in 04 when we were a 2. shipped out west per usual.
West has been great to us.

Reaction Score
who hurt you?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ghosts and grievances of brackets past.

Two of last years FF
Northwestern, who gave Edey real problems, thankfully we are not as one dimensional as Purdue
The whining of Bruce Pearl
And the return of the 2014 S16 loser at MSG.

Nothing to be scared of if we play our game, but the Committee was pushing weird storylines.

Best news is no one who has seen anything like this team. NW is going to think they can revived their Purdue gameplan. They can't.

Reaction Score
the selection committee seeding auburn as #4 in the east
Auburn has 3 Q1 wins. Their best OOC win was Indiana, and they got beat by Appalachian State. They only got Tennessee and Kentucky once each in the regular season and conference tournament.

Let's let them get to us.

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Auburn has 3 Q1 wins. Their best OOC win was Indiana, and they got beat by Appalachian State. They only got Tennessee and Kentucky once each in the regular season and conference tournament.

Let's let them get to us.
My daughter is a freshman at AU (War Eagle!). Just let her know that if they beat us in the S16, she'll be paying in full for the next semester. She replied by telling me she'll be sporting her UConn swag. Not sure if I should believe her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom