0-for-5* | The Boneyard

0-for-5*

Reaction Score
Weird but nobody from SH jumped either. The ball just fell in the player's lap.

The issue to me is that we didn't put a body on any players under the basket (boxing out). No one is really in position or ready to rebound. That's a fundamental failure.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Nobody put a body on anybody when the last shot went up

*Karaban is exempt since he contested the shot and was out of the play.

Please make the coaches and players watch this on repeat for an entire film session.

And then make a blood oath to never wilt from the moment like that so pathetically ever again.

Don't go out like that, man. Ever.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Yeah, Richie Springs was probably closer to putting a body on Ndefo than the rest

Reaction Score

They need to watch that non block out 1000 times in a row. I fully understand bad bounces can happen. Also Clingan gets that rebound or blocks the put back as has been said.

Reaction Score
So true they all react and are ready to jump to the rebound rather than get someone on their butts. Going back to Jr Pro our coach would have us on the box out drill 3 on 3 get in guarding position then he flips up a shot and if all three box out and do their jobs the ball has to hit the ground then we go get it. I was 12-13 back then a used that fundamentally all the time thereafter. Not to find a body in that situation is a lack of fundamentals or just plain arrogance that you believe you’re going to jump higher all the time. Just horrible to watch!

Ndefo beat them many times in the game to caroms because he wanted it more and no one boxes out. Again lack of fundamentals!

Reaction Score

This whole play broke down when Newton became a spectator and lost track of his man (#21) and when the ball was tossed across the court to #21 for a wide open 3, Karaban left his man(#3) to contest leaving #3 alone on the block for the offensive rebound. Neither Jackson, Newton or Sanogo fought to gain inside position for the rebound. Just a total breakdown. Yes, I know we lost the game way before this last play but EVERY possession counts including this one and why Clingan wasn’t in is beyond me.

Reaction Score
In their defense, the jumper was horrible. It was essentially an air ball, which is tough for all teams to rebound

Reaction Score
You can see Karaban already starting to put a body on his man on the drive, except he had to run all the way back out to contest because Newtown was standing around holding his di*k

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AS has been the worst big defensively in the NBE this season.

Reaction Score
Not making excuses....the ball grazed the front of rim and went straight down, usually you get a bounce off the rim but the ball barely touched rim so ended up being like a pass almost.

No excuse though should never have come down to that....lost because of all the stupid 2nd half turnovers and failure to make layups.

Reaction Score
Not making excuses....the ball grazed the front of rim and went straight down, usually you get a bounce off the rim but the ball barely touched rim so ended up being like a pass almost.

No excuse though should never have come down to that....lost because of all the stupid 2nd half turnovers and failure to make layups.
Yes it hit the front of the rim and went straight down but if we had inside position on the block outs that would have been our rebound.

Reaction Score
Yes it hit the front of the rim and went straight down but if we had inside position on the block outs that would have been our rebound.
Or even if you are merely putting a body on the guy and jostling for position, it isn’t quite so easy for him to do a “pick it up and lay it in” rebounding drill. Maybe it bounces off him and out of bounds because he’s too busy pushing back to catch it.

The way we weren’t interested in fighting for position on that rebound - there’s no guarantee we get it no matter where it went.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Hmm. Watching this, were we in 1-3-1 again? It sure looks like it from the way Newton is playing zone on the rim.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Hmm. Watching this, were we in 1-3-1 again? It sure looks like it from the way Newton is playing zone on the rim.
Yeah I think it was, but I also think Ndefo won the lottery with that rebound, as it barely glanced the front rim and dropped directly into his lap. I might as well have been a lob.

Reaction Score
Again. Karaban was blocking out Ndefo and left him to contest the 3. This left ndefo in perfect position for the rebound. The ball hit rim and went straight down into his hands. Not Karaban fault and not Sanogo fault. Sanogo had to pick up Richmond. Maybe Clingan would have blocked the shot but would not have grabbed that rebound.

Reaction Score
Bad coaching. Period. You're up 1 w/20 seconds left. You put in your trees and best rebounding team. Any basket kills you. Up 2 or 3, put in the perimeter defense.

Reaction Score
You have to wonder how badly things are going in practice for Springs, Hasson, and Romoglou to see no court time when the rest of the team is playing like this.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think it was, but I also think Ndefo won the lottery with that rebound, as it barely glanced the front rim and dropped directly into his lap. I might as well have been a lob.
We were not playing 1-3-1. Rewatch the tape and you’ll see we were playing man and Newton screwed everything
We were not playing 1-3-1. Rewatch the tape and you’ll see we were playing man and Newton blew it by turning his back on his man and watching Richmond drive to the hoop. Just lazy grade school D by him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom