“Storrs Central” | Page 6 | The Boneyard

“Storrs Central”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I joined to show support. Not planning on using the site much. Just look at it as supporting NIL.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something (I haven't subscribed), but the "forum" doesn't look anything like something that would compete with the Boneyard. When I click on the forum it seems like it's just a compilation of articles. Maybe that will change in the future?

It does seem unique in the football coverage offered. I haven't seen that level of coverage for football anywhere else as someone that doesn't use/like Twitter.

Reaction Score
I do not have enough bandwidth in my life to peruse the Boneyard everyday and spend time on Storrs Central.
Any worthy news will come here eventually. I will continue to support the NIL but on my terms.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
@BBFGExecDir The site lists Roumoglou as a freshman.

Will there be a separate link for basketball predictions? Right now it takes you to a football specific predictions page.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Storrs central is actually genuine about not eating into the BY, then why is there a forum to begin with?

Honestly, you'd probably be better served just soliciting $100 donations and send out tee shirts or hats ala PBS. What information could possibly be considered "exclusive" enough to be advertised as the carrot for joining when you could just see it here or on Twitter?
I think they're taking the "all of the above" approach without much regard to what other entities survive. Personally, and I'm not a big enough UConn person as a graduate school alum, I would rather the direct approach to NIL donation rather than donating to a website which will pay other entities. This all goes back to the charity issue. How much goes to outflow to salaries and staff and how much goes to the stated goal. With places like forums and writers it starts to look a whole less lean than it was before for what is, essentially, a fundraising operation. It starts to look like a vehicle for the organizers to become important... which frankly a NIL pool has to be that because otherwise why would the organizer devote that time... but that's where you have to be careful. If your goal is to fundraise to the NIL fund you want a very lean organization. If you want to raise money for some nobody's fiefdom, and anybody who builds a fiefdom on my money is a nobody, then you can do that as well.

Once they start to look like a traditional business which spends money making itself look important rather than a shallow fundraising arm the alarm bells start going off because the percentage that goes to the "cause" is going to drop.

---

What I want from a NIL fund is a very shallow (small) organization that prints out a monthly newsletter talking about its activities and is very open about its staffing and skunkworks. Honestly, not much more than that. I would want a list of people (positions, not names) who are drawing salaries and the amount spent to that end.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something (I haven't subscribed), but the "forum" doesn't look anything like something that would compete with the Boneyard. When I click on the forum it seems like it's just a compilation of articles. Maybe that will change in the future?

It does seem unique in the football coverage offered. I haven't seen that level of coverage for football anywhere else as someone that doesn't use/like Twitter.
Noticed that too. Looks like articles that you can comment on.

No ability to start a pizza thread?

Reaction Score
I think they're taking the "all of the above" approach without much regard to what other entities survive. Personally, and I'm not a big enough UConn person as a graduate school alum, I would rather the direct approach to NIL donation rather than donating to a website which will pay other entities. This all goes back to the charity issue. How much goes to outflow to salaries and staff and how much goes to the stated goal. With places like forums and writers it starts to look a whole less lean than it was before for what is, essentially, a fundraising operation. It starts to look like a vehicle for the organizers to become important... which frankly a NIL pool has to be that because otherwise why would the organizer devote that time... but that's where you have to be careful. If your goal is to fundraise to the NIL fund you want a very lean organization. If you want to raise money for some nobody's fiefdom, and anybody who builds a fiefdom on my money is a nobody, then you can do that as well.

Once they start to look like a traditional business which spends money making itself look important rather than a shallow fundraising arm the alarm bells start going off because the percentage that goes to the "cause" is going to drop.

---

What I want from a NIL fund is a very shallow (small) organization that prints out a monthly newsletter talking about its activities and is very open about its staffing and skunkworks. Honestly, not much more than that. I would want a list of people (positions, not names) who are drawing salaries and the amount spent to that end.
Bleeding Blue for Good has raised WELL into the seven figures and we have kept operating expenses under TEN percent. Every other collective in the country I have seen set a 15% goal. We set a 10% goal and hit it. I am the ONLY employee drawing a salary.

I am not being paid a dime for Storrs Central. The writers are on a content licensing fee (not a full salary). We have a Director of Operations on an entry-level salary. We pay a 20% fee on revenues for the entire platform. This fee will not apply to sponsorship dollars. This fee will not apply to the incredible digital and in-person access events we offer at Tiers 2, 3, 4, and 5. Therefore, when this thing is fully up and operational, the overall percentage allocated for expenses will look a lot more like BBFG's 10% than anything else.

Reaction Score
I know it’s been asked and posted before but I’d rather just pay $20 a month to the boneyard and donate to NIL through this platform. Amount of time I spend here, $20 is justified. Don’t know why another forum needs to be created where I’d spend $10 and not go on.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Bleeding Blue for Good has raised WELL into the seven figures and we have kept operating expenses under TEN percent. Every other collective in the country I have seen set a 15% goal. We set a 10% goal and hit it. I am the ONLY employee drawing a salary.

I am not being paid a dime for Storrs Central. The writers are on a content licensing fee (not a full salary). We have a Director of Operations on an entry-level salary. We pay a 20% fee on revenues for the entire platform. This fee will not apply to sponsorship dollars. This fee will not apply to the incredible digital and in-person access events we offer at Tiers 2, 3, 4, and 5. Therefore, when this thing is fully up and operational, the overall percentage allocated for expenses will look a lot more like BBFG's 10% than anything else.
Will there ever be a higher end option (think $1k+) for more exclusive in-person events?

Reaction Score
Will there ever be a higher end option (think $1k+) for more exclusive in-person events?
In the podcast I spoke about some of the things we are working with Athletics on for the higher tiers but the short answer to your question is yes. Once the higher tiers roll out all of this Boneyard vs. Storrs Central forum will be a moot point! I SINCERELY believe that both can co-exist. We're not going to rush out the higher tiers as we're in the middle of a tournament run but expect to see them start rolling out in May-June.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’ve reached the conclusion it’s worth giving these guys a shot.

BBFG is a reputable charity/organization, with a close relationship to the entire athletic department.

Every coach has publicly endorsed the project.

@BBFGExecDir came over here to answer many questions when he didn’t need to. He’s doing his best to be open with us about our concerns.

The more people that sign up, you’d think the more likely our coaches will buy in and consistently feed their reporters interesting tidbits that we weren’t getting before. It might be our best chance at this kind of inside to the program, considering how surface level our beat writers are.

Worst case you’re contributing to the success of UConn sports in some capacity, is that really worth worrying about?

Reaction Score
I love the boneyard and spend way too much of my day reading other people’s opinions but this site does have potential. Now is the time to maximize the programs success into sometime that keeps the program competitive.

The idea of having a place where I can get exclusive interviews and UConn content is great. What the university has done with uconn+ is outstanding and if they can provide a look behind the curtain of this program that to be honest keeps everything in-house would be awesome.

They are going to have to deliver but if they can provide access that we are not getting now then they will thrive. If they become the 24/7 of UConn sports watch out. I’m willing to give them a chance but ultimately if they can provide interviews with recruits, player stories or coaching insights then why wouldn’t you go there. The boneyard is great but at times there is just pages of personal stuff that I don’t have time to read thru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing

Top Bottom