“Saturday doesn’t matter” | Page 4 | The Boneyard

“Saturday doesn’t matter”

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Probably. But if they win tonight and get to BET finals ( which will equal 3 more wins, 2 of them top level wins) they might have a shot at an at large
That would set the bubble world on fire if Nova gets there. It looks like they are way too far off the bubble picture at this point in the season, and have one or two too many egregious losses to get consideration from the committee.
Losses to Temple, Portland, Depaul, and Butler. Woof.

But who knows, the committee has probably done crazier things.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Love our guy Rob Dauster but he suggested something similar. Realize a win doesn’t vault us up significantly, but it keeps us steady and in the case other teams lose ahead of us, allows us to pass them. Absolutely matters.
Yep.
A win helps to keep this place from going crazy and trotting out every possible bad mojo comment that references everything disliked about this team...or any preceding it...so long as the win is by a big enough margin...in both halves...until the next game.

Reaction Score
I'm long shot rooting for a West seed, possibly a 2 if cards fall our way, 3 great and west treats us well. Alabama win looking bigger and better all the time. Could be a seeding tie breaker.
I know we’ve won titles in the West regional, but dude…you do not want to give up MSG in the East when it’s right there.

Reaction Score
The door is opening:

Alabama lost today
Baylor lost today
K State lost today
Tennesee lost today
Kansas is playing Texas
Arizona is Playing UCLA

I think this is a statement game tonight - we need to bring it. Win this and win the BET and we have a real shot at as high as a 2 seed. Need that killer instinct.

Reaction Score
playing @ home MSG is priceless

Attachments

• 228E5D88-FB52-4EDD-9AE6-117262AD2BA4.jpeg
    228E5D88-FB52-4EDD-9AE6-117262AD2BA4.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 46

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
That would set the bubble world on fire if Nova gets there. It looks like they are way too far off the bubble picture at this point in the season, and have one or two too many egregious losses to get consideration from the committee.
Losses to Temple, Portland, Depaul, and Butler. Woof.

But who knows, the committee has probably done crazier things.
I know the selection committee doesn’t consider these things but the Philadelphia media market is huge. 4th in the county I believe
Just saying..

Reaction Score
I think we sneak into 4 with today’s Providence loss if we win tonight, unless I’m missing something.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Now that we are here let’s enjoy this time. Winning tonight is going to be hard. If we don’t not much changes as long as Creighton wins. If we win there will be four days for us to read all the great things that will be said about our team both in the local and national level! It feels great to have these possibilities again. Saturday night at Villanova with a shot for a three seed and maybe better. It’s been a long time…..Thanks Danny for getting us back here!!!.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I think we sneak into 4 with today’s Providence loss if we win tonight, unless I’m missing something.
Yup but it doesn’t change much unless Creighton loses. If we win we are that “home” which we are anyway regardless what color uni we were.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
We will be anywhere from a 2 to 5 seed in ncaa tourney. We win tonight and win the big east we are a 2 seed most likely. We drop an L tonight and first round of big east tourney , we are a 5 seed. Anything in between we are a 3 or a 4. Simple —- And btw, nova Wins tonight and gets to big east final- They are probably in. That Teams on fire right now and 4 more wins probably adds 3 more ranked teams they wud have beat plus the injury factor earlier in the year , plus historically nova is a good tourney team etc…. They are in — If they lose tonight they probably have to win BET
Nice logic. Agree with your assessment. Our range is 2-5 seed. Would like to stay away from a 5 seed as we know there are always 5-12 upsets….

Reaction Score
A win would put 4. A win and a Creighton loss would make it 3. This game matters because we know now what it takes to win. They have to play like every possession is sacred and their defense can’t let up. They are going to bring it tonight and a loss would be demoralizing.

Reaction Score
I know we’ve won titles in the West regional, but dude…you do not want to give up MSG in the East when it’s right there.
ahh yes. Step back Kemba and Madison Square Gordon

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
NCAA tournament games at MSG needs UConn. It would be unnatural without us there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom