“I think we can win 6 games next year” | Page 4 | The Boneyard

“I think we can win 6 games next year”

Reaction Score
Not necessarily, I worked with a guy who had a kid on the team. A Coach was quoted telling the players "you ain't here to go to class."
Haha. Of course those kids are generally smarter than our guys and the alumni are wealthier, but no one throws a tailgate party like us. We will show those Thurston Howell types how to party at the Rent!

Reaction Score
Can anyone remind me what the TV schedule is agin next year for the team? Honestly I remember being excited when it was announced and now I can’t remember. Was it broadcasting games on FOX or something?

Just Found it:
I believe every home game will be on CBS Sports Network vs being streamed online which is what Cinci and Temple get being part of the AAC lol

Reaction Score
Chief thinks Randy wants to schedule likely “wins” and Dave wants to schedule 1-2 pay games a year. So after that you will have a handful of highly probable losses and maybe one or two winnable games.
My hope is that eventually we reach the point where the payday games are winnable. Maybe not all wins but competitive and we win some.

Reaction Score
Payday schools don't want to pay teams that might actually beat them.
They may not want to, but the may have to. Some of these games are scheduled far in advance and are signed contracts. A team can get a lot better over a three or four year period.

Reaction Score
It’s football. Anything can happen but the 2021 schedule looks made for at least modest success to me. 2 FCS games, UMass, Army, Middle Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Wyoming all seem doable.

Reaction Score
It’s football. Anything can happen but the 2021 schedule looks made for at least modest success to me. 2 FCS games, UMass, Army, Middle Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Wyoming all seem doable.

Vandy has girls on the team. That one should be easy.

Reaction Score
Winning 6 games would be a TALL order for a team that:
-bypassed the 2020 season altogether
-hasn't won 25% of it's games per season in an eternity
That said, the entire team has benefited from a de facto redshirt year to get stronger in the weightroom, & anyone recovering from injuries in the 2019 season has had more than ample time to heal. By next season, HCRE will have had 4 recruiting classes, basically turning over the entire roster in his image. There is no room for error. If he gets 6 wins, that would be dramatic improvement, but I think he only gets 4 out of a team that needs to learn how to win consistently.
I think we can win 4 to 5 games. That would be a huge improvement.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom