“I think we can win 6 games next year” | Page 3 | The Boneyard

“I think we can win 6 games next year”

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Your boy Bobby D would be 20+ pt dogs to Yale lol
Bobby D is most certainly not my boy. I am just not moronic enough to look at the existing product and pretend its anything other than a pile of manure

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone see Coastal Carolina is undefeated and only been an FBS program for 4 years.
Very impressive
A friend of a friend is on the staff there. It is a great story. Plenty of fluff there, but some big wins including BYU.

]
14 BYU 9-1

11 Coastal Carolina 9-0

Appalachian State 6-2

South Alabama 3-4

Nov 7·Final
6 - 23
@ 11 Coastal Carolina 7-0
[/URL]

11 Coastal Carolina
6-0

Georgia Southern 3-2

11 Coastal Carolina 4-0

Arkansas State 1-2

Campbell 0-2

11 Coastal Carolina 1-0

Data from STATS LLC © 2020 · All times are Eastern Time

Reaction Score
we need to find 2 FBS Mid level teams with new coaches to finalize the 2021 schedule... That would benefit us the most at this point. We need winnable games.. No more of the prep stuff (kid's are big/mature enough to handle playing FBS football, blah blah blah)... That's BS at this point... Find some winnable FBS level games and get the season up and running... Get our kids' confidence level up .. Right now, how can they have any? Time for coach to level up and expect nothing else than to win...

C

Chief00

I hear you. He'll have an upper classmen next year, so his "we're young" excuse will be gone. I doubt either the inevitable "we lost a year to COVID" or ever popular "we didn't execute" will get much mileage either. He needs results.

I think that this year would have to had shown good results or he would have been canned. The lack of a season likely gives him another year. I root for the team to succeed. Randy isn't here for many years (year) more. I think that if he can show some success and if we can show success in scheduling in a non COVID environment, we will be able to have a stronger pool of candidates.

Chief thinks Randy wants to schedule likely “wins” and Dave wants to schedule 1-2 pay games a year. So after that you will have a handful of highly probable losses and maybe one or two winnable games.

Reaction Score
Chief thinks Randy wants to schedule likely “wins” and Dave wants to schedule 1-2 pay games a year. So after that you will have a handful of highly probable losses and maybe one or two winnable games.
We need winnable games...

Reaction Score
With adding Yale to the schedule do we try to breakup the Rutgers cuse game and try to make one of them out 12th. The way cuse has been looking could be a P5 win for the boys

Reaction Score
With Yale added for next year 6 is looking more and more possible. Interesting schedule of weak and strong teams. The result of needing to put together a schedule on a short term basis. It is what it is for now. Bottom line is you need interesting competition to draw eyeballs and they really need to work on getting some good teams to visit the rent. Also a few good wins would help.
Yale will be favored. They have had a lot more talent then UConn especially at the skill positions

Reaction Score
Fresno State QB can throw. I expect a "we should have played" breakdown on this board after game 1 next season.

Good luck to those who make the trip. Don't carry cash or valuables when in town.

Reaction Score
Always dubious of how good Ivy or Patriot League teams are as they generally play one another OOC and the best of each beats up on lousy conference opponents. Ivies don't participate in the playoffs so who knows how good they are as ranked teams. Fordham was ranked high with Nebrich and they got beat pretty bad in the playoffs and when they played the decent teams on their schedule. Opening games seem to portend how the season will go. At this point, wtfk.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fresno State QB can throw. I expect a "we should have played" breakdown on this board after game 1 next season.

Good luck to those who make the trip. Don't carry cash or valuables when in town.

Ehh. Fresno St is north of downtown which is a total disaster of humanity. Do not go anywhere near there.

Stay in Clovis or closer to the airport and stadium and you are fine.

Reaction Score
we need to find 2 FBS Mid level teams with new coaches to finalize the 2021 schedule... That would benefit us the most at this point. We need winnable games.. No more of the prep stuff (kid's are big/mature enough to handle playing FBS football, blah blah blah)... That's BS at this point... Find some winnable FBS level games and get the season up and running... Get our kids' confidence level up .. Right now, how can they have any? Time for coach to level up and expect nothing else than to win...
You put UConn, FBS and winnable games together? That is only slightly more likely than finding a unicorn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom