“I think we can win 6 games next year” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

“I think we can win 6 games next year”

Reaction Score
Anyone see Coastal Carolina is undefeated and only been an FBS program for 4 years.
Very impressive

Reaction Score
That makes sense actually. Fresno is nasty this year, plus the travel to the west coast to start the season spells a loss for the Huskies. Would LOVE to beat Purdue at home though since Diaco is there. Also, Vandy is winnable I think.
I'm confused; this is not the first time I saw somebody paint Fresno St. as unbeatable but when I look at their record they are 3-2 in the MWC. Why are they held in such high regard? Since I love in Europe I haven't seen any of their games so I can only go by the record.

Reaction Score
The way UConn is scheduling now as an independent, 6 wins a year is the minimum.

If QB play goes great, we can win 8.
If we get to eight wins, our ranking will skyrocket. Let's hope so.

Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity what metrics come into play that assume we beat Army? New uniforms?
Army is nothing special. Three of their wins this year have come against FCS teams. And they have 9 home games this year so not exactly road warriors. I’m not saying we WILL beat them but they are beatable. Not exactly a combination of Clemson and Alabama.

Reaction Score
6 wins...8 wins...what the hell are y'all smoking? 4 would qualify as a tremendous season. Unless RE has to decided to completely revamp his ideology, in regards to offense, 4 wins is the ceiling.

Reaction Score
Winning 6 games would be a TALL order for a team that:
-bypassed the 2020 season altogether
-hasn't won 25% of it's games per season in an eternity
That said, the entire team has benefited from a de facto redshirt year to get stronger in the weightroom, & anyone recovering from injuries in the 2019 season has had more than ample time to heal. By next season, HCRE will have had 4 recruiting classes, basically turning over the entire roster in his image. There is no room for error. If he gets 6 wins, that would be dramatic improvement, but I think he only gets 4 out of a team that needs to learn how to win consistently.
Yup, and if he gets 4 he gets an extension

Reaction Score
6 wins...8 wins...what the hell are y'all smoking? 4 would qualify as a tremendous season. Unless RE has to decided to completely revamp his ideology, in regards to offense, 4 wins is the ceiling.
Hopefully he has the right players playing in the right spots

Reaction Score
Anyone see Coastal Carolina is undefeated and only been an FBS program for 4 years.
Very impressive

It is impressive. We went through a similar transition and went 9-3 against a much tougher schedule. Now, we just sit here and debate whether or not 4 wins next year would be a miracle. Uggh.

Reaction Score
It is impressive. We went through a similar transition and went 9-3 against a much tougher schedule. Now, we just sit here and debate whether or not 4 wins next year would be a miracle. Uggh.
Incredible finish in last night's game
Nice to watch a competitive game to take our mind off current state of affairs

C

Chief00

We will have a bi polar schedule ahead. Assumed loses and wins. It will become how we schedule rather than how we play. That’s Randy’s road map to success - scheduling one more sure win vs. a sure loss.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You don’t need to watch us practice to know we aren’t beating any of the auto losses listed, and honestly could prob add Wyoming there too. If you think RE’s made some dramatic change in his approach, which was not even remotely competing with FBS competition, then you’re gonna be real disappointed
I'd rather be disappointed is Sept. than now. Thank you.

CL82

Reaction Score
We will have a bi polar schedule ahead. Assumed loses and wins. It will become how we schedule rather than Short term I think I am okay with that.

Reaction Score
3 wins feels about right. Maybe 4 if Randy can get another FCS Team on the schedule. He simply has not demonstrated the ability to put a competitive product on the field at any point in his current stint as HC.

An extra year of weight lifting in 2020 means very little in the grand scheme of things. Everyone in college football has S&C as a major focus in their programs. The issues now are lack of talent and sub par coaching. A great mind can scheme around a deficit in talent. Coastal Carolina, Louisiana, Army and a few others are demonstrating this. Randy?

Reaction Score
3 wins feels about right. Maybe 4 if Randy can get another FCS Team on the schedule. He simply has not demonstrated the ability to put a competitive product on the field at any point in his current stint as HC.

An extra year of weight lifting in 2020 means very little in the grand scheme of things. Everyone in college football has S&C as a major focus in their programs. The issues now are lack of talent and sub par coaching. A great mind can scheme around a deficit in talent. Coastal Carolina, Louisiana, Army and a few others are demonstrating this. Randy?
Agree but RE didn’t have equal talent first time. It was developed. Only hope is can be done again.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
We'll be dogs to Yale

CL82

Reaction Score
What
I'd rather anticipate an at least moderately successful season than write it off 9 months in advance.

Reaction Score
I'd rather anticipate an at least moderately successful season than write it off 9 months in advance.
Which is fine, my point is to be realistic that it ain’t happening with RE. As long as he’s here, we’re gonna get more of the same. Would like to make the change sooner rather than later

Reaction Score
Holy Cross, UMass, MTSU will give us a glorious 3-win season. Randy will receive a bonus tied to bench press and dead-lift numbers in excess of what team did under Diaco, and will use proceeds to buy Randy's Wooster Street concession in section 116 at Rent.

CL82

Reaction Score
Which is fine, my point is to be realistic that it ain’t happening with RE. As long as he’s here, we’re gonna get more of the same. Would like to make the change sooner rather than later
I hear you. He'll have an upper classmen next year, so his "we're young" excuse will be gone. I doubt either the inevitable "we lost a year to COVID" or ever popular "we didn't execute" will get much mileage either. He needs results.

I think that this year would have to had shown good results or he would have been canned. The lack of a season likely gives him another year. I root for the team to succeed. Randy isn't here for many years (year) more. I think that if he can show some success and if we can show success in scheduling in a non COVID environment, we will be able to have a stronger pool of candidates.

Reaction Score
With Yale added for next year 6 is looking more and more possible. Interesting schedule of weak and strong teams. The result of needing to put together a schedule on a short term basis. It is what it is for now. Bottom line is you need interesting competition to draw eyeballs and they really need to work on getting some good teams to visit the rent. Also a few good wins would help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom