‘The sky’s the limit’: UConn freshman Andre Jackson could return soon | Page 2 | The Boneyard

‘The sky’s the limit’: UConn freshman Andre Jackson could return soon

Reaction Score
That’s the fun of talking about it, though, isn’t it? There is actually no way of knowing those results for sure (post hoc fallacy and all that), but it’s fun to get invested in our own hypotheses and reasoning (where we are always correct)... if only we had some control!

Absolutely. Like I said, Hurley is a great coach. And IMO seems to be improving on the offensive end slowly but surely, even without Bouk. Things are looking up

Reaction Score
Absolutely. Like I said, Hurley is a great coach. And IMO seems to be improving on the offensive end slowly but surely, even without Bouk. Things are looking up

And people can say he sucks, too! It’s not all going to be positive, nor should it be.

There’s a track record for player development and all that that exists outside of 2+ seasons at UConn. Is the UConn job different in some ways? Of course! But, there is also a middle ground between nothing else matters and these 2+ seasons tell me everything I need to know and everything should be equally weighted.

ETA- do I know why I initially posted in the middle of my thought? No, I don’t.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And people can say he sucks, too! It’s not all going to be positive, nor should it be.

There’s a track record for player development and all that that exists outside of 2+ seasons at UConn. Is the UConn job different in some ways? Of course! But, there is also a middle ground between nothing else matters and these 2+ seasons tell me everything I need to know.
What is with all the rational thought and nuance? This is the Boneyard, damn you!

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'd personally want to see Jackson on the floor only with floor spacers. The lineup with Cole Bouk Whaley and Sanogo cannot shoot well enough to justify playing our worst guard shooter alongside them. Jackson is only going to thrive in a playmaking role right now, which mitigates his glaring weakness. I'd personally put him in to fill the playmaking void when Bouk hits the bench. Otherwise he'll make Bouks life miserable.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Overdue. Jackson is exactly what we need at both ends. He’s a guy who makes other people better. Now that we have some guys that can score, a long, athletic point guard (which is his real skill) will be even more impactful. On defense he has instincts like Nadav did to disrupt passing lanes, and even better athleticism. Sure he will overplay and lose his man, he will learn. Kid is going to be an unbelievable defender when he figures it out.

I think I called this one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom