ТN vs Texas A&M at 7 pm (EST) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

ТN vs Texas A&M at 7 pm (EST)

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I walked out of the room with Tennessee in control in OT and when I came back it was a two point game. I missed what A&M did to come back to within two points.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I thought she had 1 foot still in but I admit that I don't know the recent rule change for a 3 second call if she did

They are changing the rule to require two feet outside, but I think that's next year. Not sure.

Reaction Score
I walked out of the room with Tennessee in control in OT and when I came back it was a two point game. I missed what A&M did to come back to within two points.
Williams with a foul line jumper to get them within 2. They went to a similar play when she was fouled shooting the 3 at the end of OT.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Call reversed, Tenn ball.

After seeing several angles of the play, I’m not sure if that’s right.

Not that it matters, but I agree. It seemed to me Westbrook got her hand in there before Howard could.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Really disheartening game to watch as a Tennessee fan....this was a game they should have won and now they have 3 brutal games ahead that they'll likely lose at least 2 of.

Tennessee had a gift of Carter trying to do everything with nothing working, and they couldn't capitalize. They were in a great position to win, and then fouled Williams on a 3 and turned the ball over on the last possession. Russell had some nice moments and I thought Green played fantastic, but the guard play was pretty bad tonight. Not a good game for Jackson or Westbrook--especially down the stretch.

A&M has potential to be a really good team. Williams and Carter are playmakers, Hillman is very good inside and Howard does a lot of things well for them.

Chennedy Carter is a great talent, but Blair needs to rope her in. There is no way she should be taking 30+ shots in games, especially when she goes cold. She kept Tennessee in the game tonight with a number of bad decisions. She reminds me a lot of Meighan Simmons which is disconcerting. She hasn't met a shot she dislikes and can sink her team with poor shot selection. Tonight was outscored by Hillsman who took 9 shots while Carter took 31. If she takes 25 shots and Hillman takes 15, A&M wins this easily without overtime. Carter is also very emotional and doesn't have good body language when things aren't going her way, another trait that needs to be changed. She isn't barking at her teammates like Angel McCoughtry did, but as a point guard, her visible frustration will rub off on her teammates and can hurt your team on the court. She is incredibly quick and a good shooter and scorer, but as a point guard she needs to do a better job of getting teammates involved and leading her team. I'm probably being too hard, as she has been the most impressive freshman in the country and looked far better than Westbrook or Hayes tonight.

Reaction Score
The Lady Vols snatched defeat from the jaws of victory tonight. A&M missed what, 17 or 18, shots in a row in the fourth quarter and overtime. It was only Tennessee's own incompetence that allowed A&M, to stay close enough, to pull the game out at the end. Tennessee guilty of some mind numbing plays at the end of regulation and OT.
Freshmen, OUCH!

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
[QUOTE="bballnut90, post: 2518298, member: 2117"

Tennessee had a gift of Carter trying to do everything with nothing working, and they couldn't capitalize.

Chennedy Carter is a great talent, but Blair needs to rope her in. There is no way she should be taking 30+ shots in games, especially when she goes cold. She kept Tennessee in the game tonight with a number of bad decisions. She reminds me a lot of Meighan Simmons which is disconcerting. She hasn't met a shot she dislikes and can sink her team with poor shot selection. Tonight was outscored by Hillsman who took 9 shots while Carter took 31. If she takes 25 shots and Hillman takes 15, A&M wins this easily without overtime. Carter is also very emotional and doesn't have good body language when things aren't going her way, another trait that needs to be changed. She isn't barking at her teammates like Angel McCoughtry did, but as a point guard, her visible frustration will rub off on her teammates and can hurt your team on the court. She is incredibly quick and a good shooter and scorer, but as a point guard she needs to do a better job of getting teammates involved and leading her team. I'm probably being too hard, as she has been the most impressive freshman in the country and looked far better than Westbrook or Hayes tonight.[/QUOTE]

I concur with both of the above assessments . . . except that Carter is not, in my view, a "great talent," not yet. Her physical skills are remarkable, but in the late stages of the game she was a train wreck that almost derailed her entire team. She plays with tunnel vision and without judgment. Were I her teammate, I would ask why she doesn't trust me to contribute. I was amazed that Gary Blair not only allowed her such liberties, but also has evidently not coached her to include the rest of her team on offense. Which, by the way, would make her own game more effective.

There has been a notable absence of such a superstar, all-about-me approach in Storrs. True, DT on occasion was called on for some one-on-one setups, but she also was terrific at getting less talented teammates involved: better for her, much better for the team. Perhaps Carter may eventually get to that same recognition, but Blair has his work cut out for him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom