Zach Brown's first game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown's first game

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Question--what the heck is Putnam Science Academy? Is this place even a school? Or just a basketball academy? Lived in CT all my life and never heard of PSA until very recently. Seems a little sketchy lol

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah, but nothing like being here in person. However, I will say, I'm glad I don't live here. This definitely not Miami. Barely a gas station or store in sight until I got here.
Could you periscope it? I know it's tough, but we'd appreciate it.

Reaction Score
CaAgH6JW0AEyo9Z.jpg

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Question--what the heck is Putnam Science Academy? Is this place even a school? Or just a basketball academy? Lived in CT all my life and never heard of PSA until very recently. Seems a little sketchy lol

NEPSAC independent member with a history of producing low-major basketball players. Until Diarra and Diallo got there, they were basically sending 2-3 players to schools like Quinnipiac and Rider and a handful more to DII or DIII. Given those two, their reputation has been on a huge upswing as of late and they've been attracting a ton of future big-time guys like Eric Ayala and Manny Umoffia. Of course, most of the familiar NE preps like St. Thomas More, South Kent, Northfield Mt. Hermon, Brewster etc. have a much longer tradition of winning/player development and also have considerable academic prestige.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Diarra has been impressive. Good hands and likes to put it on the floor. However, he looks to be about 6'7", only a couple inches taller than Diallo. I tried to get a picture of him next to Brown. Diarra came up to the top of the back of Brown's neck. I almost got a picture of the three together but then Brown was subbed out. Diarra and Brown subbing in and out for each other at center.

Reaction Score
Diarra has been impressive. Good hands and likes to put it on the floor. However, he looks to be about 6'7", only a couple inches taller than Diallo. I tried to get a picture of him next to Brown. Diarra came up to the top of the back of Brown's neck. I almost got a picture of the three together but then Brown was subbed out. Diarra and Brown subbing in and out for each other at center.

People are sleeping on Diarra. Anyone who works as hard as him and has a motor like his will be an impact player. I could see Durham-Brown and Enoch-Diarra complementing each other very well.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Power move by Ollie, to get Zach close to UConn & playing with future teamate(s). Putnam is an Under Armour school. Surprised to see that. Go Nike!

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Why are the playing in the basement of the town hall?
It was like an Armory gym or a church basement. You school was a former Catholic school and it looked it. I can picture bingo being held there right before the game.

There were no bleachers. At one end there was a small bleachers with a few row on the wooden stage. On one side line they had a single bench running the length of the court and the sidelines were right in front of the team bench. Literally no room on the sidelines. The coaches are on the court the whole time. There were even cushioned arm chairs set up for seating..... Strangest of all, they didn't charge for admission. Given the reports of the financial state of the school and the physical condition of the school, it seems pretty dumb not to charge $5 a head. The school is in a residential neighborhood and I had to park about two blocks away. I actually got to Putnam two hours early but figured it was too early and went to eat. When I got to the game 45 minutes before, all the seats were taken and I had to stand the whole game.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I was impressed with Oham. He can really stroke the three. Diallo really plays under control and finds his points within the flow of the game. He doesn't force anything. DHam could learn a thing or two from him. I noticed that Diallo and Diarra sat next to each other and seemed to joke with each other during pre-game, on the bench and during stops in the action. Hopefully, those friends will stay together in college....That would be some sick chemistry with Diarra, Diallo and Brown. Diarra and Brown have better hands than our current big guys. Diarra reminds me of Curtis Kelly but I hope he has a better UCONN career.

Another take away. This kid #1, Sergio El Darwich for Lee Academy was the most impressive player on the court for either team. Shot it well from long range, played tough D, took it to the hoops, and had four dunks. he's about 6' 4" and could get up. Reminded me a lot of Chris Herren.

He was # 25 in this video from last season but changed to # 1 this season:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I was impressed with Oham. He can really stroke the three. Diallo really plays under control and finds his points within the flow of the game. He doesn't force anything. DHam could learn a thing or two from him. I noticed that Diallo and Diarra sat next to each other and seemed to joke with each other during pre-game, on the bench and during stops in the action. Hopefully, those friends will stay together in college....That would be some sick chemistry with Diarra, Diallo and Brown. Diarra and Brown have better hands than our current big guys. Diarra reminds me of Curtis Kelly but I hope he has a better UCONN career.

Another take away. This kid #1, Sergio El Darwich for Lee Academy was the most impressive player on the court for either team. Shot it well from long range, played tough D, took it to the hoops, and had four dunks. he's about 6' 4" and could get up. Reminded me a lot of Chris Herren.

He was # 25 in this video from last season but changed to # 1 this season:

Newer highlights of the Lee kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member