Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. I wonder how that compared to Mr. Brimah in HS and AAU.
Brimah never played AAU, but in high school...

Hobbs had to have liked what he saw Thursday, as Brimah posted his fourth triple-double of the season with 18 points, 15 rebounds and 13 blocks against Charlotte High. He's had four games of at least 10 blocks thus far.

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2013/01/amida-brimah-is-shot-blocker-uconn-very.html
Brimah BLK% by year in college:
2013-14: 15.1%
2014-2015: 15.0%
2015-2016: 14.3%

Reaction Score
A reporter on (rhymes with bibles) is saying if the DOB he has his correct, Zach will be too old to play at Miami Beach High next year. A quick google search says the cut off age is 19 years 9 months. Anyone with knowledge of qualifications of high school sports here? Do private/prep schools have different rules regarding eligibility? Will junior college be an option for him?

Reaction Score
Prep schools have different rules. A juco coach would go nuts for him

Reaction Score
Prep schools have different rules. A juco coach would go nuts for him
So, if that's the case he'll have to go that path. Wonder if any other NEPSAC teams will take a chance on him.

Reaction Score
If this is the case, he should focus on graduating from high school and aau.

Reaction Score
A reporter on (rhymes with bibles) is saying if the DOB he has his correct, Zach will be too old to play at Miami Beach High next year. A quick google search says the cut off age is 19 years 9 months. Anyone with knowledge of qualifications of high school sports here? Do private/prep schools have different rules regarding eligibility? Will junior college be an option for him?
Looks like Florida changed their cutoff to 19 years old by Sept. 1st in 2013 for high school athletes.

Reaction Score
It seems we have a ship to offer him if he were to qualify. Now with him jumping HSs this past year, plus some maturity issues to iron out, finding a Pre-school would be his best bet. Kids go to prep to either qualify, i.e. meet that HS graduation criteria, or have graduated but just need another year of maturity.

In his case, if he's too old or could use the right situation to gain his eligibility, mature his game and as a person, going to a Prep that is willing to take him...last one didn't quite work out...would seem to be his best bet.

But if he can focus on taking whatever classes that can result in his eligibility, I'd like to see KO bring him in for 2016 if he thinks he can surround him with the right people and Zach is willing to be accountable to what KO expects, which could mean earning PT based on what he does on and off the court. Seems like a kid who needs accountability and tough love. My concern is if he came here too early, he could be one of those kids who is just not mature enough and will get into trouble and find themselves being asked to leave.

Now I think KO and UConn would be the perfect situation for him as long as he's willing learn what it takes to be both a baller and a person. If he's not committed to the latter, he could end up screwing up what could be a bright future.

Don't get me wrong. From what I've read about Zach, he's not a bad kid. Just seems like an immature one, which makes me wonder if KO, as much as he could use big like him next season, sees him coming in the 2017 class for both his and the programs best interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom