Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016 | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good point here by Borges:

It’s unfortunate he didn’t get a chance to meet with Caron Butler, a shining example of a young man from a troubled background who turned his life around at UConn.

I could be wrong, but I don't think schools are allowed to just set up meetings with prospective recruits and former players. By the letter of the law, season ticket holders aren't even allowed to talk to a kid on Twitter.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The idea of going back to PSA (assuming he does well from here on out) could be a good plan if he didn't burn bridges with teammates at PSA.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Of course I want the kid to straighten out his life and wish the best BUT
at 7'1" I want him to do it with KO and UConn and as possible
I'm sure KO will make sure he walks a straight line

Reaction Score
The idea of going back to PSA (assuming he does well from here on out) could be a good plan if he didn't burn bridges with teammates at PSA.

I don't think there is any chance he winds up back at PSA, and I am not sure we will ever see him in a UConn uniform.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I think there is more chance we see him at UConn than back at PSA.
True. Even if PSA is no longer a possibility for this kid UConn can still be in the mix. One thing however, the chance of his being a 2016 recruit may no longer exist.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
True. Even if PSA is no longer a possibility for this kid UConn can still be in the mix. One thing however, the chance of his being a 2016 recruit may no longer exist.

It shouldn't be. He needs to chill.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Guess that Florida legacy dude on Twitter didn't have an agenda after all, was just telling us the truth.

Reaction Score
Was a way from the board for awhile, what happened?
Some guy started up a Twitter account under the name Florida Legacy and his first 8 tweets were about Zach Brown being kicked out of PSA. He had it before everybody else. Even though he was reporting the truth, the guy came off as someone upset with how Brown originally left Miami, so it seemed like he had some sort of agenda. He actually hasn't tweeted about anything else but the Zach Brown stuff.

Reaction Score
Some guy started up a Twitter account under the name Florida Legacy and his first 8 tweets were about Zach Brown being kicked out of PSA. He had it before everybody else. Even though he was reporting the truth, the guy came off as someone upset with how Brown originally left Miami, so it seemed like he had some sort of agenda. He actually hasn't tweeted about anything else but the Zach Brown stuff.

From what I've been hearing he wasn't coming out of left field. There some interesting news about the whole picture if anyone decides to report on it. I understand if no one does though cause it would burn bridges

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
From what I've been hearing he wasn't coming out of left field. There some interesting news about the whole picture if anyone decides to report on it. I understand if no one does though cause it would burn bridges
If you know what happened I hope you tell us.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I don't think there is any chance he winds up back at PSA, and I am not sure we will ever see him in a UConn uniform.
That certainly could well be true...would guess it depends on PSA as to whether they left any window of opportunity to return or not. I could see his returning to PSA and working it all out (hopefully) as being in Zach's best interest depending upon how he had done up to that time. That may well not be true for other interests.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
FWIW, his twitter no longer says "Future UConn big man." It did this morning. Hopefully, for us and for him, he's just slowing his roll with everything and focusing on today.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
I don't expect to see this kid in a UConn jersey to be completely frank with you all. I wish him the best and hope the people around him don't ruin his future but to me it seems like there are too many outside influences in his life. That VICE documentary never sat well with me and having him in Storrs would only be icing on the cake at this point but I'm prepared for a change in his plans. Trash me, call me names, say I'm an idiot for speculating and nothing is known now, but since that Vice doc came out I haven't expected to see him in national flag blue, that is my personal opinion on the issue.

Reaction Score
FWIW, his twitter no longer says "Future UConn big man." It did this morning. Hopefully, for us and for him, he's just slowing his roll with everything and focusing on today.
His instagram still has "Committed to the University of Connecticut", so there's that.

Seriously though, we're far enough from 2017 that anything could happen. This kid needs to get whatever happened medically/behaviorally/academically straightened out before he even worries about what he's doing in 2017. If he gets himself on the right path and he eventually wears a UConn jersey, I'll be thrilled. But whatever happens, I hope he gets on the right path for his future, whatever that may be.

Silk31

CA$$$HHHHH
Reaction Score
I heard that Brown fought Diarra and Hamidou which led to him getting kicked out, which will lead to Diarra de-committing, which will lead to Hamidou never committing, which will lead to ruining any relationship we have built with PSA and which will almost certainly lead to Brown never stepping foot on UConn's campus again.

Reaction Score
I heard that Brown fought Diarra and Hamidou which led to him getting kicked out, which will lead to Diarra de-committing, which will lead to Hamidou never committing, which will lead to ruining any relationship we have built with PSA and which will almost certainly lead to Brown never stepping foot on UConn's campus again.

Yes, sources confirmed.

Reaction Score

Calling bull sshhhiiittt

Reaction Score

Pretty sure this isn't true, but if is, Diarra signed a letter of intent so he cant decommit, he has to contact Ollie and ask to be released from his letter of intent. Also pretty sure he was at the last UConn home game after the altercation.

Reaction Score

Don't forget that somehow we'll get a post-season ban out of it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom