Zach Brown arrested | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's up to the kid now.. Hope he finds his way I really do, way too many disastrous stories of failure in this world.

Good luck to the young man
Thank goodness the kid does not have money and fame at this point because that was a certainly a factor in enabling AH's thuggery. Sounds like he has recognition, wish him well.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It's up to the kid now.. Hope he finds his way I really do, way too many disastrous stories of failure in this world.

Good luck to the young man

My first teaching job was teaching special ed pre teens with criminal records. They had lives most people couldn't image. Two died before they hit 14 (murder, and drugs).

Two were lucky enough to get into a program where they lived with a family (separately) on a farm (One in Montana. One in Maine) in very remote areas. No access to drugs or gangs, and their best friends were horses, and the other animals.

After running away a few times, they settled in, and did great. Both kept in touch for a couple years. Neither was born evil. Put in the right environment, I was told they turned out great.

A few years ago I got a call from one of them. He left a message on my machine, but no number to call him back. That thank you call is easily the best memory I have as a teacher.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
My first teaching job was teaching special ed pre teens with criminal records. They had lives most people couldn't image. Two died before they hit 14 (murder, and drugs).

Two were lucky enough to get into a program where they lived with a family (separately) on a farm (One in Montana. One in Maine) in very remote areas. No access to drugs or gangs, and their best friends were horses, and the other animals.

After running away a few times, they settled in, and did great. Both kept in touch for a couple years. Neither was born evil. Put in the right environment, I was told they turned out great.

A few years ago I got a call from one of them. He left a message on my machine, but no number to call him back. That thank you call is easily the best memory I have as a teacher.

Great story Tom.

Reaction Score

Wow great story and so fitting tom - thanks for sharing.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
A poor childhood environment isn't a legitimate excuse for committing crimes.
Man, the lack of empathy some people in his world have is truly astounding.

No one was excusing anything. Plus, if anything, the American justice system has set the precedent that being rich actually excuses you, not poverty.

Reaction Score
I stand by that statement 100%.

You can stand by it all you want. It's nonetheless absurd. The worst thing you do doesn't define you if you cheat on your spouse or drive under the influence or steal something from a store. When you knowingly and wrongfully take the lives of others, yes, it very much defines you.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
You can stand by it all you want. It's nonetheless absurd. The worst thing you do doesn't define you if you cheat on your spouse or drive under the influence or steal something from a store. When you knowingly and wrongfully take the lives of others, yes, it very much defines you.

I'm not defending anybody here, nor trying to poke holes in your argument, but what about a situation like the following: schyzophrenic guy kills family member thinking he was being attacked by demons. In his moments of clarity, he's absolutely devastated. Is he inherently an evil person? Just a devil's advocate question.

Reaction Score
I'm not defending anybody here, nor trying to poke holes in your argument, but what about a situation like the following: schyzophrenic guy kills family member thinking he was being attacked by demons. In his moments of clarity, he's absolutely devastated. Is he inherently an evil person? Just a devil's advocate question.

If someone takes a life while insane, no, that does not necessarily define them as a person. That is why it would not be murder.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
How about if murder is about to be legal, so when it changes you kill someone but then you cross the international dateline and it's illegal again. Would that then be a sin, Father?

Reaction Score
How about if murder is about to be legal, so when it changes you kill someone but then you cross the international dateline and it's illegal again. Would that then be a sin, Father?
maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction Score

I know you're joking around, but it would obviously still be a sin. A sin is just whatever God doesn't like (though it depends on how he's feeling this millennium)

Reaction Score
Guys 7 foot don't need to be robbing people. It ain't like they are inconspicuous. He's still got time for basketball but any other career path erodes quickly with a criminal record.

Kids are so shortsighted, he could have been 'robbing' GMs in about 4 years for millions and without a gun.

Reminds me of the story about the late Marvin Barnes, of Providence College. Marvin robbed someone, yet had the stupidity to have his high school basketball jacket on, with his name emblazoned on the front.

Reaction Score
Yes, ultimately, but was this a really good kid and as soon as he committed to UConn he went downhill? Really not sure why they ever recruited him if they cared about high character kids.

Also, did we lose out on other guys because we went hard after him or when he was signed.

funny that UC did not see the red flags, when they recruited him. Bouncing around 2-3 schools. It took a prep school coach from Putnam to see that this kid was toxic. After he was bounced from Putnam, the warning bells finally woke up the staff. I said it on a previous thread, and with this, it makes me think that my prediction may be right. The only team this kid will be playing on will be the Florida Penal basketball team. Go ahead pile on me, you have to admit that this time I might even be right.

Reaction Score
funny that UC did not see the red flags, when they recruited him. Bouncing around 2-3 schools. It took a prep school coach from Putnam to see that this kid was toxic. After he was bounced from Putnam, the warning bells finally woke up the staff. I said it on a previous thread, and with this, it makes me think that my prediction may be right. The only team this kid will be playing on will be the Florida Penal basketball team. Go ahead pile on me, you have to admit that this time I might even be right.
They did, which is why they tried to get him out of Miami and into PSA.

Reaction Score

Pretty sure he was bounced due to the school rule against fighting, so no, the coach of Putnam didn't see the red flags when he accepted him to the school in the first place. Very weird of you to want to pat yourself on the back for a kid getting himself in trouble, this site really has some certified bozos.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
This is why rear view mirrors were invented.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He had been in two schools in Florida. He had changed families and neighborhoods. We put him in a third school.
What a self-righteous .

temery

What?
Reaction Score
He had been in two schools in Florida. He had changed families and neighborhoods. We put him in a third school.
What a self-righteous .

He's too young to be self righteous, and I sure as hell hope "we" didn't put him in any school.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
This is why rear view mirrors were invented.

Look in that rear view mirror and we'd also see kids like Caron Butler. In a perfect world the NCAA wouldn't penalize a school for taking a chance on a troubled kid and losing. If the NCAA was really about the kid, they'd allow every team a free scholarship to a troubled kid. If it worked out a couple times per decade, it'd be awesome.

Here's my favorite look in the rear view mirror:

Caron Butler Revisits His Juvenile Teen Years in Wisconsin

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
He's too young to be self righteous, and I sure as hell hope "we" didn't put him in any school.

I meant to say: Zach's verbal to UConn and entry into PSA was a total coincidence

Spent my life working with adolescents. They can be very self-righteous.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I'm curious - was Brown a senior, or post grad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom