Zach Brown arrested | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why is Aaron Hernandez in this conversation?

He's a homicidal maniac.

Zach Brown is not a homicidal maniac. He's an untethered mess who's on the verge of tossing a winning lottery ticket, but he's not out there shooting people for aggravating him.

Reaction Score

He's a homicidal maniac.

Zach Brown is not a homicidal maniac. He's an untethered mess who's on the verge of tossing a winning lottery ticket, but he's not out there shooting people for aggravating him.
Agree, even not knowing the supposed weapon this kid is not in the same demented universe as AH.

Reaction Score
I didn't know Dennis, but I knew his older brother Vito in HS, who was a pretty good athlete at Bristol Central. From what I've read about Dennis and Aaron's mom, they were far from great role models. DJ turned out to be OK, but Aaron obviously had issues dealing with his dad's untimely death. That happens, and it happens to other people, but they don't turn into serial killers if they were brought up the right way and had positive role models as parents. Unless the things that have been written about his parents' involvement in drug trafficking and related stuff is all BS, I'm not so sure I believe they were consistently positive role models.

Weren't Dennis and Vito both punks in HS and arrested for robbery? I know Dennis cleaned up and was a role model for the kids, but Aaron wasn't ever really on a great path, and it got worst when dad passed.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

He's a homicidal maniac.o/QUOTE]

Because everything bad in sports goes back to the Patriots?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score

He's a homicidal maniac.

I'm just surprised Godwin's law hasn't been invoked yet.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Weren't Dennis and Vito both punks in HS and arrested for robbery? I know Dennis cleaned up and was a role model for the kids, but Aaron wasn't ever really on a great path, and it got worst when dad passed.

I don't remember anything about that, but it's certainly possible. In those days it was pretty easy to sweep stuff under the rug in Bristol. It all depended on who you knew in the police dept., and everybody knew everybody. I've always called it the smallest city of 60,000 in the country.

I knew Vito from playing basketball against Central, plus we occasionally might see him at events like school dances, because I had quite a few friends there. I always liked him but I didn't know him well.

Dennis later attended UConn and played briefly for a couple of seasons on the football team. I don't know for sure, but I would think if he had a serious enough criminal record at the time, he wouldn't have been admitted. That was back during the era when nobody got admitted to UConn, athlete or not, unless they had the academic resume and relatively clean background. We lost a lot of stellar, homegrown talent back then because the admissions office would make no exceptions for athletes.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I read the article when it came out. There are tons of people who basically never had a chance in life, Aaron Hernandez is not one of them. He had more opportunities than the overwhelming majority of the population. He was blessed with a talent that a very select few have and with that talent comes incredible opportunites to do good, instead he chose to do the worst possible things a human being can ever do. Gacy might have lost his dad as a teenager as well and maybe did some nice things for people at one time in his life, I don't think he's more than the worst things he did in his life, same goes for Hernandez.

John Wayne Gacy asked for a lb of fresh strawberries as the dessert for his last meal before execution. That alone shows he was just a sweet old guy with a heart of gold. Haven't we all dressed up like clowns and killed a few people in our time?

Reaction Score
I don't remember anything about that, but it's certainly possible. In those days it was pretty easy to sweep stuff under the rug in Bristol. It all depended on who you knew in the police dept., and everybody knew everybody. I've always called it the smallest city of 60,000 in the country.

I knew Vito from playing basketball against Central, plus we occasionally might see him at events like school dances, because I had quite a few friends there. I always liked him but I didn't know him well.

Dennis later attended UConn and played briefly for a couple of seasons on the football team. I don't know for sure, but I would think if he had a serious enough criminal record at the time, he wouldn't have been admitted. That was back during the era when nobody got admitted to UConn, athlete or not, unless they had the academic resume and relatively clean background. We lost a lot of stellar, homegrown talent back then because the admissions office would make no exceptions for athletes.

Yeah I know they did something similar back int he day because my brother played hoops against them in the old CCIL and dad worked at NDH on the hill so Bristol news was always heard in our household.

did you play in the CCIL nick? years?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
People are more than the worst thing they've done.

Even if we throw out the worst thing he's done, and the second worst thing he's done, he's still not going so good in the "Is this guy a halfway decent human being or a despicable piece of scum"?

I really don't tend to get carried away about these things. I'm anti-death penalty. I can recognize that sometimes a person was driven to kill by metal illness or trauma or whatever. This dude is a serial killer and a flat-out thug who thought he could do whatever -- and kill whoever -- he wanted because he was a star athlete.

Either you didn't know who you thought you knew, or he changed. You're projecting the kid you know onto an evil person. I don't use that word lightly. He's snuffed out multiple lives to show how tough he is.

Losing his dad doesn't explain it, sorry.

Reaction Score

Wasn't this the Rocco Testa stuff from the late 70s? I thought the Hernandez brothers involved with him.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Even if we throw out the worst thing he's done, and the second worst thing he's done, he's still not going so good in the "Is this guy a halfway decent human being or a despicable piece of scum"?

I really don't tend to get carried away about these things. I'm anti-death penalty. I can recognize that sometimes a person was driven to kill by metal illness or trauma or whatever. This dude is a serial killer and a flat-out thug who thought he could do whatever -- and kill whoever -- he wanted because he was a star athlete.

Either you didn't know who you thought you knew, or he changed. You're projecting the kid you know onto an evil person. I don't use that word lightly. He's snuffed out multiple lives to show how tough he is.

Losing his dad doesn't explain it, sorry.
I didn't say losing his dad explains it, nor did I defend his actions. He did terrible terrible things. I was just pointing out that he fell into a very bad scene and got heavily involved in PCP. You said you can recognize a person driven to kill by mental illness. His PCP abuse led him to be paranoid and separated from reality. Not excusing what he did, but context means something to me.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I didn't say losing his dad explains it, nor did I defend his actions. He did terrible terrible things. I was just pointing out that he fell into a very bad scene and got heavily involved in PCP. You said you can recognize a person driven to kill by mental illness. His PCP abuse led him to be paranoid and separated from reality. Not excusing what he did, but context means something to me.

Fair enough. I think you opened yourself for criticism by saying the worst thing doesn't define a person about a person who killed three different people and shot another guy in the face.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Fair enough. I think you opened yourself for criticism by saying the worst thing doesn't define a person about a person who killed three different people and shot another guy in the face.
I stand by that statement 100%.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Cool, you were right about a child with a life horrible beyond anything 99% of the people here have ever experienced. Bask in that one, you've earned it!
A poor childhood environment isn't a legitimate excuse for committing crimes.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We were talking about people with tough backgrounds who thrive given an opportunity and those that sabotage themselves. Maybe AH didn't belong in this particular conversation, but lighten up with the preaching.

Reaction Score
Religion isn't everyone's path to redemption, but it's worked for some people.

It might make more sense as a suggestion for ZB if he wasn't already surrounded by plenty of religious people.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Yeah I know they did something similar back int he day because my brother played hoops against them in the old CCIL and dad worked at NDH on the hill so Bristol news was always heard in our household.

did you play in the CCIL nick? years?

Let's just say it was a very long time ago...early 70's. I think the old CCIL broke up only a year or two after I graduated. There was some sort of mini riot before a Fri night football game in Bristol at Muzzy Field between student fans from Windham and Eastern. After that the Meriden and Bristol schools split from the rest of the conference because they wanted to continue playing Fri night games and the rest of the league didn't want to.

That was probably the most dysfunctional conference in the state, an early microcosm of these ridiculous coast-to-coast collegiate conferences we are now saddled with. What sense did it make to have a conference that stretched from Bristol to Willimantic? Manchester, Wethersfield, Conard, Hall, Platt, Maloney and Pulaski, which I understand no longer exists, were also in the CCIL. The Bristol and Meriden schools started playing in some league I can't remember the name of, with Plainville, Southington, and I can't remember who else. CVC maybe?

Reaction Score

1. Zach Brown ‏@IAMZACH_BROWN 33m33 minutes ago
    Sometimes ppl make in life that they regret. Period

0 retweets0 likes

2. Zach Brown ‏@IAMZACH_BROWN 35m35 minutes ago
    I was in the worst experience in my whole life I would never wanna be there again .

0 retweets0 likes

3. Zach Brown ‏@IAMZACH_BROWN 1h1 hour ago
    I'm still moving on w or w-out y'all

0 retweets0 likes

4. Zach Brown ‏@IAMZACH_BROWN 1h1 hour ago
    All talk media ppl posting all this stuff about me and don't even know the real story -life goes on .....

5. Zach Brown ‏@IAMZACH_BROWN 33m33 minutes ago
    I'm sorry if I let anyone and I'm here to make a change

0 retweets0 likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members