Zac Boyer and John Silver just launched a UConn newsletter | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Zac Boyer and John Silver just launched a UConn newsletter

ElGuapo

What does that mean, in-famous?
Reaction Score
I know John in real life and was happy to see this on FB yesterday.
Signed up right away.

Go get 'em boys!
Break the news of UCONN to the B1G or ACC and you kids will be my heroes!

Baltic

Baltic
Reaction Score
This is a shameless plug because I like both of these guys and I hope this succeeds....

But I’m also really looking forward to this - John Silver and Zac Boyer launched a new UConn sports newsletter about four minutes ago. This actually has a hell of a lot of potential - both were terrific when they were on the UConn beat. It’s not a website, it’s a morning email newsletter delivered five days a week.

The UConn Daily launched in November 2018 in order to provide UConn fans with the most up-to-date news and analysis straight to their email inbox each weekday morning. Created by two award-winning journalists and UConn graduates, we are committed to bringing you the best of UConn news and analysis in the morning from all sources. There will be no paywalls, clickbait or pop-up ads. What you see is what you get.

The UConn Daily

I’m in.

Reaction Score
I tried but failed I am not a robot test. What can I say,maybe I am!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
John, I signed up last night but haven't gotten the newsletter today. When does it usually go out?

Nevermind, @JohnFSilver . Just got my first newsletter. I'm at the point in my Friday night where I'm contemplating waffles or microwave mac and cheese but I'm going to read it tomorrow around 10am when I wake up. Definitely by 2pm for sure.

I wish you and Zac nothing but the best with this. As we all can agree, it feels good when highly skilled, local talent, "stays home".

Reaction Score
If you want to be successful and have a product everyone likes make sure you force everyone to read the newsletter in chat room that is inaccessible to many and has terrible functionality for those who make it in

Reaction Score
If you want to be successful and have a product everyone likes make sure you force everyone to read the newsletter in chat room that is inaccessible to many and has terrible functionality for those who make it in
W̶a̶l̶k̶e̶r̶1̶1̶

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This is a shameless plug because I like both of these guys and I hope this succeeds....

But I’m also really looking forward to this - John Silver and Zac Boyer launched a new UConn sports newsletter about four minutes ago. This actually has a hell of a lot of potential - both were terrific when they were on the UConn beat. It’s not a website, it’s a morning email newsletter delivered five days a week.

The UConn Daily launched in November 2018 in order to provide UConn fans with the most up-to-date news and analysis straight to their email inbox each weekday morning. Created by two award-winning journalists and UConn graduates, we are committed to bringing you the best of UConn news and analysis in the morning from all sources. There will be no paywalls, clickbait or pop-up ads. What you see is what you get.

The UConn Daily
I know we're a miserable lot on the football board but you should post this over there as well Fishy.

It sounds like this will cover a lot of sports so I'm sure FB and Hockey lovers would sign up too.

Looking forward to getting this daily!

Reaction Score
This could mark the first newsletter out of the dozens I have ever subscribed to that I actually read.

I am somewhat skeptical that there is enough news for daily frequency but that doesn't stop me from checking in on the Boneyard hourly.
They should have guest trolls from time to time. Would love to know where to get pizza in Providence, the best beer in Canada, or the number of inches of snow on the ground in upstate New York.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hey all. Thank you so much for the kind words I have received.

First edition went out today. If you didn’t get it, let me know. Email me and I will yell at Mailchimp. john@uconndaily.com.

Also, spread the word if you enjoy it. We might get one of those referral programs setup if I can figure out the tech side.

Hope you enjoy.

Good stuff John. I appreciate having a rundown short and to the point, so I don't have to wade through 10 articles to get a quick overview. I'd rather spend my time on here discussing the state of affairs.

Especially appreciate the blurbs on the women's team, as navigating their board for nuggets is a bit of a nightmare.

Question: Any chance you are going to put the updates on the website and keep a running archive in the future? RSS and simply checking a webpage are more my speed.

Cheers.

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Good start, guys. Nice thing to wake up to in my in box. Informative, insightful and to the point.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

I enjoyed it as well. I'll be sending the information around to non-BY UConn friends/family as well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

so HFD...

edit: hahaha, yes, that's it. can't lie I kinda miss him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom