Zac Boyer and John Silver just launched a UConn newsletter | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Zac Boyer and John Silver just launched a UConn newsletter

Reaction Score
Does the newsletter mention why Sid is suspended?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This could mark the first newsletter out of the dozens I have ever subscribed to that I actually read.

I am somewhat skeptical that there is enough news for daily frequency but that doesn't stop me from checking in on the Boneyard hourly.

On slow news days, they'll have "OT" topics.

Reaction Score
This is a shameless plug because I like both of these guys and I hope this succeeds....

But I’m also really looking forward to this - John Silver and Zac Boyer launched a new UConn sports newsletter about four minutes ago. This actually has a hell of a lot of potential - both were terrific when they were on the UConn beat. It’s not a website, it’s a morning email newsletter delivered five days a week.

The UConn Daily launched in November 2018 in order to provide UConn fans with the most up-to-date news and analysis straight to their email inbox each weekday morning. Created by two award-winning journalists and UConn graduates, we are committed to bringing you the best of UConn news and analysis in the morning from all sources. There will be no paywalls, clickbait or pop-up ads. What you see is what you get.

The UConn Daily

tenor.gif

Reaction Score
This is a shameless plug because I like both of these guys and I hope this succeeds....

But I’m also really looking forward to this - John Silver and Zac Boyer launched a new UConn sports newsletter about four minutes ago. This actually has a hell of a lot of potential - both were terrific when they were on the UConn beat. It’s not a website, it’s a morning email newsletter delivered five days a week.

The UConn Daily launched in November 2018 in order to provide UConn fans with the most up-to-date news and analysis straight to their email inbox each weekday morning. Created by two award-winning journalists and UConn graduates, we are committed to bringing you the best of UConn news and analysis in the morning from all sources. There will be no paywalls, clickbait or pop-up ads. What you see is what you get.

The UConn Daily
I'm in

Reaction Score
Hi guys, My goodness, thank you so much for the positive responses. Thanks, Fishy, for posting this too. I can't believe my browser remembers a boneyard password.

Just want to say we are going to have fun with this. We'll give our opinions, highlight the news and great work of our colleagues, and eventually - hopefully - break some news if the opportunity arises. This is a newsletter for UConn fans. We'll be critical, but not negative. And we certainly won't have a woe is me tone.

Right now we are going to concentrate on a daily newsletter taking the best of what's out there and giving our take on it. I get several really popular newsletters a day that sum up the news. I hate having to piecemeal and figure out what is going on at UConn. And trying to navigate paywalls (really, have to go incognito?), ads, pop-ups, and video pre-rolls is frustrating. So we will be clean and easy on the eyes and easy to read.

We have a lot of original content ideas that are right now "in development."* We'll have an edge and try and be a fun and short read that you can digest on your phone, tablet at your desk while you drink a coffee at work or are on some public transit.

And, I have always said this when I met posters from here in person. A lot of what you guys come up with and discuss is terrific. Thanks for all the support.

And ideas, criticisms, and complaints are always welcome. If you aren't complaining, you aren't a fan.

Thanks,

JS

* In development: Means if we have time, money and people like what we are doing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Signed up. Sounds like it will be good

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Hi guys, My goodness, thank you so much for the positive responses. Thanks, Fishy, for posting this too. I can't believe my browser remembers a boneyard password.

Just want to say we are going to have fun with this. We'll give our opinions, highlight the news and great work of our colleagues, and eventually - hopefully - break some news if the opportunity arises. This is a newsletter for UConn fans. We'll be critical, but not negative. And we certainly won't have a woe is me tone.

Right now we are going to concentrate on a daily newsletter taking the best of what's out there and giving our take on it. I get several really popular newsletters a day that sum up the news. I hate having to piecemeal and figure out what is going on at UConn. And trying to navigate paywalls (really, have to go incognito?), ads, pop-ups, and video pre-rolls is frustrating. So we will be clean and easy on the eyes and easy to read.

We have a lot of original content ideas that are right now "in development."* We'll have an edge and try and be a fun and short read that you can digest on your phone, tablet at your desk while you drink a coffee at work or are on some public transit.

And, I have always said this when I met posters from here in person. A lot of what you guys come up with and discuss is terrific. Thanks for all the support.

And ideas, criticisms, and complaints are always welcome. If you aren't complaining, you aren't a fan.

Thanks,

JS

* In development: Means if we have time, money and people like what we are doing.

What sports will be covered over the coarse of a week? Is it a specific mix or random. Cool idea. Thanks.

Reaction Score

Thanks,

JS

John, would you be willing to do Q & A recruiting chat sessions on this board?

@JohnFSilver

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
John, I signed up last night but haven't gotten the newsletter today. When does it usually go out?

Reaction Score
Hi

The mix will be random, heavy on hoops but also football and hockey and Others. We are going to highlight the top news in UConn sports that morning and explore it. It will Be a mix of original opinion, style and also curating from multiple sources.

Goal we ask each day...what do UConn fans want to read? And what do they need to know?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom