Yum...is this crow?! It's delicious! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Yum...is this crow?! It's delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
My keyboard is backlit and clearly of a premium nature.

You can tell - my posts are better than the doofuses who are banging out posts on plasticky, non-backlit keyboards.

What kind of backlight?

Reaction Score
Hahahaha, it seems like this RS9999999999999 guy is working with an old Radio Shack special keyboard.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
It's a reassuring bluish lighting from some unknown and probably magical source beneath the keyboard.

I've come to believe that it is Steve Jobs' soul watching over me. Or at least my fingertips.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
My keyboard is backlit and clearly of a premium nature.

You can tell - my posts are better than the doofuses who are banging out posts on plasticky, non-backlit keyboards.

My keyboard goes to eleven.

Reaction Score
An apologist for a rapist? Please. Get that Catholic hate inferiority thing out of your system. Those are the generally accepted stats. Call ESPN and the Post Standard and see if they run with your stats.

This begs the question of how many studies have been done on the amount of coaches that have abused minors...

Obviously the incidence of abuse w/in the Catholic Church has been very widely publicized over the past two decades AND the percentage is disgustingly high. Not sure why there needs to be any comparison, though. The fact that it occurs at all is disgusting enough irrespective of the setting.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
This begs the question of how many studies have been done on the amount of coaches that have abused minors....

We'll see them. In the early 90s psychiatrists were way off in their thinking as to the rate of incident, number of victims per predator, and the ability to cure hardened pedophiles. There's been gradual change in their opinions.

States like CT are dragging their feet. Some other states are writing legislation requiring professional licensure of anyone who works with minors and a public searchable reporting database of all complaints against that license and the resolution. At that point coaches will need a license and non-reporting a complaint will contain mandatory jail and fine for the institution failing to report and instead signing a "go away quietly" agreement.

Reaction Score
This begs the question of how many studies have been done on the amount of coaches that have abused minors...

Obviously the incidence of abuse w/in the Catholic Church has been very widely publicized over the past two decades AND the percentage is disgustingly high. Not sure why there needs to be any comparison, though. The fact that it occurs at all is disgusting enough irrespective of the setting.
Well, one of the reasons the Catholic Church took so much heat is that they actively tried to cover it up AND all they did was rotate the priests out of one parish, into another, where the abuse just re-occurred. There was already a post in this thread to the effect of schools doing what they can to keep such incidents similarly hush-hush and allowing offending coaches to leave without acknowledging the circumstances. It remains to be seen how widespread that is.

Reaction Score
Didn't Syracuse fans revel in the misfortune of others? Either way, it IS going to weaken the program. Just Beoheim being gone will weaken the program. Hate to say this, but what's going on at PSU and Syracuse will probably benefit UConn's and Rutgers' athletic departments.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/lil-help.9779/

This is the sort of stuff that dominates over there with regard to UConn

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
http://syracusefan.com/threads/lil-help.9779/

This is the sort of stuff that dominates over there with regard to UConn
lol theyre pathetic... an assistant coach molested kids and they're trying to use recruiting violations against jc... also didn't they get banned for a year from post season play and paul harris sand 21 questions and was doing coke while devendick was punching girls?

Reaction Score
That list has some things that are legitimate - our graduation rate is poor and we have screwed up by not making that more of a priority, we did break rules with the Nate Miles recruitment, Marcus Williams and A.J. Price did duck* up royally. However, you can always tell when people are trying to make things worse than they are when they refer to a misdemeanor pot bust as "drug possession" or refer to accepting a plane ticket as "receiving illegal gifts". Might as well go with the vague terms when they sound far more nefarious than the specifics. And then you throw in something like the Kemba quote, which is just silly (for a guy who graduated in three years), or Tate George, who is in trouble 20 years after he graduated, or realize that they used Nate Miles issues six different times, or brought up things that Kellogg did after we had already thrown him off the team and you realize they're reaching to try to make the list look longer. I could help them out by pointing out a couple items they missed (that famous arrest for a kid jumping out from behind a bush with a plastic knife as a stupid prank, for example), but c'est la vie.

Reaction Score
That list has some things that are legitimate - our graduation rate is poor and we have screwed up by not making that more of a priority, we did break rules with the Nate Miles recruitment, Marcus Williams and A.J. Price did duck* up royally. However, you can always tell when people are trying to make things worse than they are when they refer to a misdemeanor pot bust as "drug possession" or refer to accepting a plane ticket as "receiving illegal gifts". Might as well go with the vague terms when they sound far more nefarious than the specifics. And then you throw in something like the Kemba quote, which is just silly (for a guy who graduated in three years), or Tate George, who is in trouble 20 years after he graduated, or realize that they used Nate Miles issues six different times, or brought up things that Kellogg did after we had already thrown him off the team and you realize they're reaching to try to make the list look longer. I could help them out by pointing out a couple items they missed (that famous arrest for a kid jumping out from behind a bush with a plastic knife as a stupid prank, for example), but c'est la vie.

Calhoun was not dinged for knowingly allowing an agent to become involved in the recruitment. That's right in the NCAA report. Most of that list is a total fabrication.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Calhoun was not dinged for knowingly allowing an agent to become involved in the recruitment. That's right in the NCAA report. Most of that list is a total fabrication.
And even before the Bernie Fine mess became public (this time) Cuse has it's share of players who had problems.

That thread has one character, the one with the list, who is out of touch with reality. The guy who wanted the list was just trying to do damage control for himself. Most of the other posters were realistic and stated that the entire list doesn't come close to adding up to the mess SU is in currently. And they are correct.

I've not read other boards prior to going to the Cuse board. I have to say I've been impressed with the majority of posters I've read.

Reaction Score
Other than Nate Miles (who was never actually a player) there are only two players we've ever had that I thought were just bad mistakes character-wise: Doug Wrenn and Antonio Kellogg (Caron was in theory a risk, but he really seemed to have put his issues behind him when he enrolled, whereas Wrenn and Kellogg were full-time headaches). AJ-Marcus had the worst incident and there was nothing in their character that would lead you to beleive they'd get in trouble - they both had great upbringings, excellent father figures in their lives, no significant baggage (AJ was involved in a high school fight, but high school fights happen), etc. Heck, AJ's Dad was an Ivy League grad. Other guys were bad risks for APR purposes (bench guys who were marginal students), but that's another matter.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And even before the Bernie Fine mess became public (this time) Cuse has it's share of players who had problems.

That thread has one character, the one with the list, who is out of touch with reality. The guy who wanted the list was just trying to do damage control for himself. Most of the other posters were realistic and stated that the entire list doesn't come close to adding up to the mess SU is in currently. And they are correct.

I've not read other boards prior to going to the Cuse board. I have to say I've been impressed with the majority of posters I've read.

A very preliminary lists of arrests follows: [Note that I have completely left off the Fine matter and the alleged cover up. Also note that I have not talked about the 'cuse APR sanctions or other NCAA issues in this preliminary post.]

2011: Syracuse University basketball player Fab Melo has an order of protection applied against him by another student.

2011: Syracuse University football player Marcus Sales arrested for possession of three baggies of marijuana, hydrocodone tablets, digital scales.

2011: Syracuse University basketball player Fab Melo charged with criminal mischief.

2011: Logan Tousaw, a sophomore defenseman for Syracuse University and Eric DeJohn, an incoming freshman were arrested for larceny, fifth-degree conspiracy and reckless endangerment of property.

2011: Another Syracuse University football player has been arrested. SU quarterback Jonny Miller has been charged with Robbery and 3rd degree Assault, along with Criminal Possession of Identity Documents for punching and robbing a man.

2011: Kevin Drew, a senior defensive midfielder, was charged by Syracuse police with driving while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident and resisting arrest.

2011: Former Syracuse University basketball player Josh Wright arrested in a prostitution sting in Utica.

2011: Syracuse University football player Marcus Sales arrested for possession of three baggies of marijuana, hydrocodone tablets, digital scales.

2011: Syracuse player Kevin Drew has been suspended indefinitely from the team after being charged with driving while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident and resisting arrest

2011: Former Syracuse University Orange basketball player is being accused of stealing a credit card from a vehicle in Westmoreland

2010: Syracuse University (SU) football player Delone Carter Arrested at practice in front of his teammates.

2010: Syracuse University freshman football player Malcolm Cater – seen as the heir apparent at middle linebacker for the Orange is charged with four felony charges for burglary and grand larceny. Additional charges for two more thefts.

2010: Syracuse incoming freshman Jacob Bratek was arrested for DWI

2008: Syracuse University freshman football players Paul Chiara and Mikhail Marinovich arrested for breaking and after a police chase. The brother of one of the players had a know drug arrest record.

2008: Syracuse senior midfielder Dan Hardy was arrested Oct. 4 for driving while intoxicated

2007: Syracuse University player Sean McGonigle was arrested in February 2007 in connection with an off-campus assault.

2007: Syracuse University player Pat Perritt charged the next month with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

2007: Syracuse University player John Carrozza charged the next month with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

2002: Syracuse basketball player Deshaun Williams arrested for assaulting own mascot.

2002: Syracuse basketball player Deshaun Williams impregnates teammate Preston Shumpert's girlfriend.

1987: Syracuse basketball playerAndre Hawkins, charged with rape

1987: Syracuse basketball player Ron Payton charged with the rape of a Villanova student.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
wow^ and yet they will continue to hate on us and to boot they think that cuse bball is on the same level as uconn ball. yes, at cuse 3 over 15 years=1 with a stud frosh who is a top nba guy, no matter how you look at it

Reaction Score
A very preliminary lists of arrests follows: [Note that I have completely left off the Fine matter and the alleged cover up. Also note that I have not talked about the 'cuse APR sanctions or other NCAA issues in this preliminary post.]

2011: Syracuse University basketball player Fab Melo has an order of protection applied against him by another student.

2011: Syracuse University basketball player Fab Melo charged with criminal mischief.

2011: Logan Tousaw, a sophomore defenseman for Syracuse University and Eric DeJohn, an incoming freshman were arrested for larceny, fifth-degree conspiracy and reckless endangerment of property.

2011: Another Syracuse University football player has been arrested. SU quarterback Jonny Miller has been charged with Robbery and 3rd degree Assault, along with Criminal Possession of Identity Documents for punching and robbing a man.

2011: Kevin Drew, a senior defensive midfielder, was charged by Syracuse police with driving while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident and resisting arrest.

2011: Former Syracuse University basketball player Josh Wright arrested in a prostitution sting in Utica.

2011: Syracuse player Kevin Drew has been suspended indefinitely from the team after being charged with driving while intoxicated, leaving the scene of an accident and resisting arrest

2011: Former Syracuse University Orange basketball player is being accused of stealing a credit card from a vehicle in Westmoreland

2010: Syracuse University (SU) football player Delone Carter Arrested at practice in front of his teammates.

2010: Syracuse University freshman football player Malcolm Cater – seen as the heir apparent at middle linebacker for the Orange is charged with four felony charges for burglary and grand larceny. Additional charges for two more thefts.

2010: Syracuse incoming freshman Jacob Bratek was arrested for DWI

2008: Syracuse University freshman football players Paul Chiara and Mikhail Marinovich arrested for breaking and after a police chase. The brother of one of the players had a know drug arrest record.

2008: Syracuse senior midfielder Dan Hardy was arrested Oct. 4 for driving while intoxicated

2007: Syracuse University player Sean McGonigle was arrested in February 2007 in connection with an off-campus assault.

2007: Syracuse University player Pat Perritt charged the next month with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

2007: Syracuse University player John Carrozza charged the next month with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

2002: Syracuse basketball player Deshaun Williams arrested for assaulting own mascot.

2002: Syracuse basketball player Deshaun Williams impregnates teammate Preston Shumpert's girlfriend.

1987: Syracuse basketball playerAndre Hawkins, charged with rape

1987: Syracuse basketball player Ron Payton charged with the rape of a Villanova student.

this list blows. it is obviously both missing certain incidents, and incorrectly reporting others. get your facts straight and try again. you may also want to try reporting the outcomes of some of the arrests, people are innocent until proven guilty in this country.

Reaction Score
In fairness to the establishment, we only started consistently doing things of national significance starting in 1988. Sure - anyone can catch lightning in a bottle with a lucky recruiting coup or two and win for one brief 25-year stretch. That's easy. Unless you can display a team photo on the wall of your arena with a bunch of white guys in crewcuts and super-short shorts who reached the Final Four and are all currently deceased, you haven't really proven anything.

Reaction Score
this list blows. it is obviously both missing certain incidents, and incorrectly reporting others. get your facts straight and try again. you may also want to try reporting the outcomes of some of the arrests, people are innocent until proven guilty in this country.

It is missing some well known incidents, your right.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
people are innocent until proven guilty in this country accept for
-casey anthony
-oj
-mj
-cuse basketball
-sandusky

Reaction Score
people are innocent until proven guilty in this country accept for
-casey anthony
-oj
-mj
-cuse basketball
-sandusky

Court of public opinion is different than court of law. In the three cases that have actually gone to trial that you mentioned, the verdict for all three is not guilty. There are all sorts of injustices in our system, those three cases in particular, if anything, prove our legal systems ability to rise above public perception. If anything, people complain about our legal system not convicting at least one of them due to other issues unrelated to actual innocence or guilt. That may be a problem in its own right, but it's not that, in these cases at least, our system is not "innocent until proven guilty."

Reaction Score
just when I thought I couldn't hate uconn anymore....seems like most of you want these allegations to be true, jimmy to be fired, syracuse turn into a prison rather than a college, give back the 2003 title bc "it had 1 stud freshman", kudos

Reaction Score
just when I thought I couldn't hate uconn anymore....seems like most of you want these allegations to be true, jimmy to be fired, syracuse turn into a prison rather than a college, give back the 2003 title bc "it had 1 stud freshman", kudos

Why do you hate UConn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22