YouTube TV just dropped SNY | Page 3 | The Boneyard

YouTube TV just dropped SNY

Reaction Score
At the beginning of the season when SNY covers their first game you will need to sign in with a code given to you by your provider. What you will need to do is go to the Fox Sports app, look for the game that is being televised and click on it. If I remember correctly they will ask for authentication from your cable/sat provider, you click on their icon, sign in, then they will provide a code to enter in their authentication request. Once you do that, you are able to watch all of the games that SNY televise, without having to sign in.
Thank you.

Reaction Score
I researched Hulu Live earlier in the week when I heard of YouTubeTV dropping SNY. I might depend on your zip code but using my Groton CT zip code Hulu Live does carry SNY and it's $69.99/month, similar to what I was paying for YoutubeTV. Unfortunately, Hulu Live does not carry NESN, so a no go if you like to watch, still long, boring Red Sox games (and I'm a Sox fan:)
Take a look at FUBO TV. Link below are channels for your zip code area (06340).

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I have XFINITY and I have YES and SNY!
Also ACC, SEC, B1G, PAC-12!
After opening cheaper cost 3rd and 4th year gets more expensive! But I get a lot of channels that show WNBA games also!
Check it out!
I dropped DIRECTV when AT&T bought them!
Is that Xfinity cable or streaming. If it is streaming, how is it?

Reaction Score
I have the Varsity App and will listen to the radio broadcast and watch whatever I can get on YouTube TV. Hulu doesn't have enough local channels to make the switch worth it..

I love hearing the game on the radio anyway.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I have the Varsity App and will listen to the radio broadcast and watch whatever I can get on YouTube TV. Hulu doesn't have enough local channels to make the switch worth it..

I love hearing the game on the radio anyway.
Curious, what local channels does YouTube TV have that Hulu does not?

Reaction Score
There's a good comparison here.

Reaction Score
I have to go back and look. I can't remember off the top of my head. I wasn't impressed when I researched it after SNY's announcement.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I have to go back and look. I can't remember off the top of my head. I wasn't impressed when I researched it after SNY's announcement.
Ok that comparison above says YouTube TV carries SNY and Hulu live TV does not. Obviously, it is out of date, but I still don't see a firm commitment from Hulu that they carry SNY. If you go to the Hulu site and look at their line-up, SNY is not shown. If you go to the SNY site, they say that they are carried by Hulu. I have YouTube TV now and finally got used to it after ditching cable, but I will not switch if I cannot get a firm commitment that Hulu will carry SNY. If they do, I will willingly switch. I will do anything to watch our girls. This whole thing is pissing me off. Even if Hulu carries it now, who says they will not drop them before November. I guess I'm hoping for a miracle that YouTube TV will change their mind and carry SNY after all. Ha, what a dreamer. Very stressed by this. (My wife doesn't want to switch, as she is not a sports fan). More stress.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Ok that comparison above says YouTube TV carries SNY and Hulu live TV does not. Obviously, it is out of date, but I still don't see a firm commitment from Hulu that they carry SNY. If you go to the Hulu site and look at their line-up, SNY is not shown. If you go to the SNY site, they say that they are carried by Hulu. I have YouTube TV now and finally got used to it after ditching cable, but I will not switch if I cannot get a firm commitment that Hulu will carry SNY. If they do, I will willingly switch. I will do anything to watch our girls. This whole thing is pissing me off. Even if Hulu carries it now, who says they will not drop them before November. I guess I'm hoping for a miracle that YouTube TV will change their mind and carry SNY after all. Ha, what a dreamer. Very stressed by this. (My wife doesn't want to switch, as she is not a sports fan). More stress.

I live in West Hartford and have Hulu Live TV. It has SNY.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I live in West Hartford and have Hulu Live TV. It has SNY.
I just had a chat with a Hulu rep. I live in Cromwell, in the middle of the state. She says that HululiveTV does NOT carry SNY in my zone. Dies anyone have Hululivetv in my area, and do you get SNY? I'm hoping that this turd is full of s---t.

Reaction Score
It may be a local coverage issue. For broadcast stations, Hulu or YoutubeTV might not carry SNY unless it’s otherwise available in your area.

CL82

Reaction Score
I just had a chat with a Hulu rep. I live in Cromwell, in the middle of the state. She says that HululiveTV does NOT carry SNY in my zone. Dies anyone have Hululivetv in my area, and do you get SNY? I'm hoping that this turd is full of s---t.
What's your zip code?

CL82

Reaction Score
1688656371961.png

You should be good.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I hope it didn't change, why would she say no for my zip code? Dam YouTube TV, those cheapskates.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
So, this is something I experienced for many years living in Bristol as a NY Rangers/Knicks fan with MSG.

In Wolcott, ONE TOWN OVER, they get MSG on Xifinity. In Bristol, they didn't. But I was still blacked out on all the NHL packages from watching the Rangers, even though the channel wasn't being carried.

whyyyyy?

because this allowed the league to use fans to pressure Xfinity to carry it. This may be what you are experiencing with SNY in Cromwell (itd be weird, given the location). Not every "cable provider" puts the channel on in their entire area, but that entire area is in the blackout zone. the teams/leagues want angry fans to call the provider and demand the channel in the hopes that it'll pressure them to add it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom