YouTube TV just dropped SNY | The Boneyard

YouTube TV just dropped SNY

Reaction Score
Yup. That'll do it.

But who still has it? Hulu?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
There is also the Fox Sports feed of SNY games. I watched every game that was carried by SNY for the last two years on their feed. I just hope that it is continued this coming season.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Is there a reason they dropped it? Is this another one of these times where the network and carrier fight over fees and eventually the network is back?

Reaction Score
There is also the Fox Sports feed of SNY games. I watched every game that was carried by SNY for the last two years on their feed. I just hope that it is continued this coming season.
Which is great for us out of the northeast folks, the downside is we don't get the pre/post-game shows or the Geno show.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Got my answer

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Still time to reach an agreement I suppose. Dropping SNY and risking the loss of a lot of subscribers in the largest DMA in the US would be quite the move by YouTubeTV. SNY is giving viewers a heads-up while also hoping YouTubeTV immediately begins to lose subscribers.

Reaction Score
Still time to reach an agreement I suppose. Dropping SNY and risking the loss of a lot of subscribers in the largest DMA in the US would be quite the move by YouTubeTV. SNY is giving viewers a heads-up while also hoping YouTubeTV immediately begins to lose subscribers.

They already dropped YES a couple of years ago.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
True and YTTV continues to increase subscribers despite the recent price increase. YES and SNY both provide direct live-streaming of their broadcasts so there are alternatives to YouTubeTV in the NYC area but those yearly subscriptions plus YTTV can be pretty expensive.

Reaction Score
Can you say more about the Fox Sports alternative. I don't care about SNY except for WCBB games. Do you have to subscribe to Fox Sports? How much, if you know?

Reaction Score
There is also the Fox Sports feed of SNY games. I watched every game that was carried by SNY for the last two years on their feed. I just hope that it is continued this com
Is there a replay or ability to watch the uconn games on fox app at a later time?

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Can you say more about the Fox Sports alternative. I don't care about SNY except for WCBB games. Do you have to subscribe to Fox Sports? How much, if you know?
The Fox Sports app is/was available to live stream the SNY UConn WBB broadcasts.
The app is available to viewers that have their local Fox station and FS1 via their tv provider.
The Fox Sports app is available for free via a streaming device (Roku, Firestick, Xbox, etc.), via a smartphone or the internet.
As the season gets closer, there will probably be multiple threads on this subject.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score

Presumably they have Analytics on the number of SNY viewers on their platform and I assume have concluded there aren't enough to justify the current carriage costs. We're at the high water mark for sports media right deals for anything approximating a linear platform - witness all of the Bally's regional sports network bankruptcies and the Pac-12's challenges getting a new primary media rights deal with the traditional networks. Cord cutting is real, and streaming doesn't generate nearly enough revenue to make up for it.

The sports media rights money spigget is going to be drying up for a lot of tier 2 rights going forward...

Centerstream

Reaction Score
@ABCDFE: most every UConn WBB game replay (ad free) is available on YouTube a few hours after the game ends. When they are uploaded, it will be posted in a thread on this forum by @MJL243 (the games are on his YouTube channel).

Please note that this was true for previous seasons and I am hoping that the fantastic work by @MJL243 will continue.

I also believe that the replays are available on demand on the Fox Sports app but I don't know for how long. Plus the replays contain the ads.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I get FOX, FS1 and FS2 through my DISH subscription. So when I sign in at the beginning of the UConn Women's Basketball season I have to use a code that is provided by DISH and I'm good to watch the women's game on SNY via Fox Sports. The only bad thing about this is I don't get the pregame or postgame broadcast, but I at least get to watch the game live.

As for the replay question from @ABCDFE, I was able to watch the game for a couple of days after if I had missed the game live on the Fox Sports app. You can also watch replays of the game via @MJL243 You Tube channel which is usually posted within 24 hours of the games completion.

Reaction Score
HELP! I'm a big Mets fan and a UCONN WCBB fan. I live in Stamford CT (home of a UCONN satellite campus). I moved downtown a year ago and finally ditched cable. I have an LG smart tv and now get my internet via Frontier fiber 500 and stream my tv via YouTube TV. I also stream Amazon Prime and Peacock. Via YouTubeTV I get Fox, FS1 and FS2.

Will I be able to watch SNY on my tv via this this Fox app? I'm not very tech savvy. How do I go about this? Please be specific.

As an alternative, does anyone have Hulu? Do they have SNY and do they also have TCM (I absolutely need both of these channels).

Also does SNY provide its own streaming subscription and, if so, how much does it cost?

Reaction Score

Yes is and has been available only on cable systems. I've had youtubeTV for years and Yes was never offered.

Reaction Score
Time to drop YouTube TV
I had Youtube TV last year and since I am in the south we couldn't get the games anyway. That is one reason I would love to see them join the Big Ten which could happen since they have other sports to pick up their football quality. BTN would carry every UCONN Women's game.

Reaction Score
YouTube tv has cut NESN, YES, and SNY. They play hardball and don’t give in and don’t care if they lose certain sports customers.

Direct TV streaming I believe has SNY. They still have NESN and YES

Centerstream

Reaction Score
HELP! I'm a big Mets fan and a UCONN WCBB fan. I live in Stamford CT (home of a UCONN satellite campus). I moved downtown a year ago and finally ditched cable. I have an LG smart tv and now get my internet via Frontier fiber 500 and stream my tv via YouTube TV. I also stream Amazon Prime and Peacock. Via YouTubeTV I get Fox, FS1 and FS2.

Will I be able to watch SNY on my tv via this this Fox app? I'm not very tech savvy. How do I go about this? Please be specific.

As an alternative, does anyone have Hulu? Do they have SNY and do they also have TCM (I absolutely need both of these channels).

Also does SNY provide its own streaming subscription and, if so, how much does it cost?
Because your tv allows you to add apps, such as Prime Video and Peacock, go to the app store and search for FoxSports. If it is available, add it. When you select the app, you will need to login using your YouTubeTV credentials. (For me, I only had to provide the tv provider credentials the first time I used it.)

PS I have no idea if the FoxSports app streams the Mets games. I am only addressing previous seasons of UConn WBB SNY broadcasts.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The reason this is important is because for folks like me who live out west, the only live access to UConn WBB games was through FS1 which carried SNY. But in order to access it, you had to login to SNY through your cable provider, which I did on a Roku device. Where I am, no cable provider carried SNY, until last season, when YoutubeTV started carrying FS1 and SNY, and those stations accepted YoutubeTV as a Cable Provider login. And fortunately the subscription in my area only cost $49.99/ mo. Since then, the subscription price for YoutubeTV almost doubled and I dropped it. If SNY has really moved to Hulu, that's a big plus for me and others in the same boat. The subscription price is much lower.

Reaction Score
Because your tv allows you to add apps, such as Prime Video and Peacock, go to the app store and search for FoxSports. If it is available, add it. When you select the app, you will need to login using your YouTubeTV credentials. (For me, I only had to provide the tv provider credentials the first time I used it.)

PS I have no idea if the FoxSports app streams the Mets games. I am only addressing previous seasons of UConn WBB SNY broadcasts.
Thanks Centerstream---But here's what confuses me. You're saying that I can download the Fox Sports App and log in by giving the credentials of a TV provider (YouTubeTV), which has just dropped SNY? Doesn't make sense to me. In the past, when I had Optimum Cable and did something similar, it only worked if Optimum carried the channel I was trying to access. This usually happened when I was trying to watch something on another device, like my phone, when I was home.

Reaction Score
Thanks Centerstream---But here's what confuses me. You're saying that I can download the Fox Sports App and log in by giving the credentials of a TV provider (YouTubeTV), which has just dropped SNY? Doesn't make sense to me. In the past, when I had Optimum Cable and did something similar, it only worked if Optimum carried the channel I was trying to access. This usually happened when I was trying to watch something on another device, like my phone, when I was home.
It’s actually your internet provider or cable co. That gets you the app.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom