Youth Olympics 3x3 - (Boston, Bueckers, Brunelle, Van Lith) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Youth Olympics 3x3 - (Boston, Bueckers, Brunelle, Van Lith)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
USA destroys France 18-4. The defensive intensity of the US was incredible. They challenged everything. Bueckers . Van Lith were the engines on offense, Now the Men's final with Host Argentina vs Belgium. It will be a rugby game I am sure.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Box score of the gold-medal game:
1539795385391.png

Balanced scoring from Boston, Bueckers and Van Lith but the game was won with smothering defense.

6 steals and 6 blocked shots, including 3 by Bueckers!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Argentina Men win it all 20-15. The kid Giordano is a cross between Stef Curry and Ginobli. Easy MVP.

Harder on the women's side but I think Bueckers should take it for overall brilliance.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Box score of the gold-medal game:
View attachment 35321

Balanced scoring from Boston, Bueckers and Van Lith but the game was won with smothering defense.

6 steals and 6 blocked shots, including 3 by Bueckers!

Totally agree with the smothering defense observation that you and eebmg brought up. All of them are relentless in their aggressiveness on defense. The play together very, very well. And I think Aliyah Boston was born pick and rolling!

Congrats to Aliyah, Sam, Paige and Hailey and Coach Lawson. Very well done.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Argentina Men win it all 20-15. The kid Giordano is a cross between Stef Curry and Ginobli. Easy MVP.

Harder on the women's side but I think Bueckers should take it for overall brilliance.

For the tournament, I would definitely go with Boston For today's games probably Bueckers. But Boston's impact as a rim-protector should not be underestimated.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Bueckers was sublime all day. Only had one subpar game in the tourney and should be MVP.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
For the tournament, I would definitely go with Boston For today's games probably Bueckers. But Boston's impact as a rim-protector should not be underestimated.
Bueckers was sublime all day. Only had one subpar game in the tourney and should be MVP.

IF it isn't Boston, the fix is in. Look at the tournament total stats. It is not even close! Boston by a landslide.
file:///C:/Users/ELI/Downloads/18%20WYOG%20Statspdf.pd

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Boston DOMINATED all tournament long. She should the MVP. Not even close!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
20 assists to 2 turnovers for Bueckers. Is that good?
Pretty incredible.

Also in the ridiculous stats department - Boston had more offensive rebounds than any of her teammates had rebounds total. Led the team in points, rebounds, blocks, and steals...and finished second in assists.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
IF it isn't Boston, the fix is in. Look at the tournament total stats. It is not even close! Boston by a landslide.

Bueckers was the best player on the court in both the semis and final. Boston was good too but was especially dominant the first two games.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
20 assists to 2 turnovers for Bueckers. Is that good?
Not as good as all of Boston's stats. You have to cherry pick a couple stats to make you your case. I'll point to all of Boston's stats.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Not as good as all of Boston's stats. You have to cherry pick a couple stats to make you your case. I'll point to all of Boston's stats.

Actually, I watched every second of their games. Viewing tells more than the stats. Either way, Boston was terrific, but she did have the massive size advantage over the teams she schooled early. She was at her best the first four games while Bueckers was at her best in the biggest games. I don't have a problem with Boston being MVP, but Bueckers dominated when it mattered most.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Well, it seems like there is no MVP award. If there were, my vote would be for Boston having watched about 50% of the games, including both of today's. But Bueckers was also fantastic.

Boston dominated inside. Bueckers was the creative engine. Should they play together in college, watch out.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think the MVP race is very close after looking at the stats and seeing last couple of games. I was actually surprised Van Lith's stats were not really comparable. 0-10 from 2pt seemed impossible.
Hailey Van Lith needs to work on her 3-pointer, but I love her pull-up from 15'.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Without throwing any shade at Bueckers who was terrific, there are other guards that could have been named instead of Bueckers and the team probably could have still won. I can't think of another big that could have been named instead of Boston that would have been as effective.

My definition of MVP is "what player could you least do without in a big game". I think that player is Boston.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hailey Van Lith has very quick feet and uses them well on defense. Geno must love that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom